Jedi Training Academy to close to reopen later this year as 'Jedi Training - Trials of the Temple'

RSoxNo1

I'm guessing the Star Wars Rebel change will be an addition. The show could benefit from more capacity and this would help accomplish that.

French Quarter

Of course, just was wondering if anyone had a good guesstimate.

I have no inside knowledge but it would seem to me that this will be a quick turn around. It will take no time to redo the sets and costumes are likely already in the works. They will obviously have to train the actors but it's a fairly short show so it should be fairly easy.

erasure fan1

This is an attraction that is targeted at kids instead of adults, and kids are going to be more excited about the Rebels than the originals, IMO. I know my son loves all things Star Wars, but is definitely more about the Rebels.
My sample size is small but my 2 kids are not as interested in Rebels. While I see why Disney would do this, I just think that Vader is the pinnacle of Star Wars villains. Of course kids will not care who they fight for the most part, as long as they get a robe and a lightsaber and get to fight something. Rebels may be popular with the kids but nothing says Star Wars like Darth Vader so I hope he rotates in at least.

Incomudro

My sample size is small but my 2 kids are not as interested in Rebels. While I see why Disney would do this, I just think that Vader is the pinnacle of Star Wars villains. Of course kids will not care who they fight for the most part, as long as they get a robe and a lightsaber and get to fight something. Rebels may be popular with the kids but nothing says Star Wars like Darth Vader so I hope he rotates in at least.

My sons are 13 (twins) and never embraced the rebels.
It wasn't my doing either, I wasn't much of a Star Wars fan in my day - JAWS was my thing, and only came along board for Star Wars since my sons were born and I enjoyed SW with them.
My sons are purists I suppose, it's Darth and Luke for them when it comes down to it.
That's the core.
BTW one of my sons got to be in the Star Wars weekend parade at Hollywood Studios about two years ago.
So cool. (My other boy didn't want to be in it.)
Unforgettable Happens Here.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Ton of working happening at the stage.ty on Endorsement as the background? It's like they're starting from scratch with the design.
It needs it, otherwise how would you explain about a service entrance to a facility in Endorsement as the background?

Matt_Black

I for one am glad to see Rebels get some park representation. You know, kids today don't realize how good they have it. They get great Star Wars cartoons like Clone Wars and Rebels. In my day, we had Droids and Ewoks. I imagine the development of those went something like this...

Exec: What's cool about Star Wars?
Underling: Jedi, smugglers, bounty hunters, space dog fights, Chewbacca, big swashbuckling fights with laser swords...
Exec: Okay, take all that stuff out. What's left?
Underling: Uh... whiny robots and those alien teddy bear things.
Exec: PERFECT.

Section106

Rebels is awesome. My 7 year old and I watch together and she loves it as much as I do. I'm looking forward to her fighting an Inquisitor on our next trip!

danv3

I always theorized when I watched the show at DHS what would have happened in the show if a child would have said at the moment where Darth Vader enters the stage: "I feel the dark side is more powerful, I want to join Darth Vader." ;)

I've seen it happen. Vader told kid to kneel and serve him, and kid did. Basically the Jedi guy was like, "well OK then, get up, you're done" and moved on to the next kid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom