Jedi Training Academy to close to reopen later this year as 'Jedi Training - Trials of the Temple'

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh noooo! Our first visit ever visit is the week of closure and we have Star Wars mad kids. Will there at least be any Star Wars characters around to see? Or none at all now do you think?
There are not normally Star Wars meet and greets outside of Star Wars Weekends. With the closure of the Jedi Training they may add meet and greets as an alternative, but I have no information yet.

Eoghann

There are not normally Star Wars meet and greets outside of Star Wars Weekends. With the closure of the Jedi Training they may add meet and greets as an alternative, but I have no information yet.

If Disneyland is anything to go by it seems like there will be meet and greets for Vader and Chewbacca in the Launch Bay once that opens.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
If Disneyland is anything to go by it seems like there will be meet and greets for Vader and Chewbacca in the Launch Bay once that opens.
Yep there will be at Launch Bay, but that won't open in-time for the downtime of Jedi Training.

YodaMan

Isn't Vader going to meet in Launch Bay at Disneyland? I'd imagine he would meet in ours too so that could be another reason for the move. Just a thought.

It's nice to get updates to things.

I feel like character integrity never mattered much with Star Wars. Not stating that has anything to do with the changes, but during SWW you could meet Darth Vader or meet Anakin or watch Darth Vader in the Training Academy all at the same time. I doubt they care too much (unless this becomes a new changes where they try harder to keep up with things like integrity).

That Guy

I am optimistically excited. My son just turned 11, but loves Rebels and had already battled Darth Vader and Darth Maul. This may give him one more chance to go on stage, saber to saber, with a baddie. (And just as importantly, an opportunity for his dad to cheer him on from the railing one last time.)

Is it possible this might give us a taste of what the Star Wars land will look like? Or is replacing this set going to become a regular thing as they add a Kylo Ren and new villains in the future?

Spike-in-Berlin

I always theorized when I watched the show at DHS what would have happened in the show if a child would have said at the moment where Darth Vader enters the stage: "I feel the dark side is more powerful, I want to join Darth Vader." ;)

French Quarter

Thanks so much for this news! We are happy about it in my house. Our child has had the great opportunity to face Vader so it's nice to have a new enemy to go up against. Can't wait to see it.

Rene Leija

I always theorized when I watched the show at DHS what would have happened in the show if a child would have said at the moment where Darth Vader enters the stage: "I feel the dark side is more powerful, I want to join Darth Vader." ;)

I've seen a YouTube video of kid saying he/she wanted to join the dark side. Everyone cracked up and it threw the Jedi Master off for a bit.

tuggs

Happiest place on earth my ***! When my SW obsessed 6 year old takes his first trip to Disney in 12 days he's going to be anything but happy. I'm not a fan of the way Disney drops this news about 1 week before closing it.

bpadair32

Happiest place on earth my ***! When my SW obsessed 6 year old takes his first trip to Disney in 12 days he's going to be anything but happy. I'm not a fan of the way Disney drops this news about 1 week before closing it.

I just don't understand the level of frustration and anger over one attraction. My DS6 wanted to do it as well. We told him it was going to be closed when we went, he was upset for 3 minutes and then moved on. There is so much to do at WDW, I just really don't understand people getting so upset over one attraction.

tuggs

I just don't understand the level of frustration and anger over one attraction. My DS6 wanted to do it as well. We told him it was going to be closed when we went, he was upset for 3 minutes and then moved on. There is so much to do at WDW, I just really don't understand people getting so upset over one attraction.

I'm not going to argue with you on a forum because every kid is different. Your kid obviously was OK with this news. My son will not take this news as well and as a parent I wanted him to experience this because he was so excited about it. It was the attraction he most wanted to see. It won't ruin his trip but as a parent I'm disappointed he isn't going to do this after months of anticipation. In a park with dwindling attractions this was going to be the highlight of our day. Very disappointing.

bpadair32

I'm not going to argue with you on a forum because every kid is different. Your kid obviously was OK with this news. My son will not take this news as well and as a parent I wanted him to experience this because he was so excited about it. It was the attraction he most wanted to see. It won't ruin his trip but as a parent I'm disappointed he isn't going to do this after months of anticipation. In a park with dwindling attractions this was going to be the highlight of our day. Very disappointing.

I am not trying to argue. I just really don't understand. But this is also why I try very very hard not to hype anything up to the kids too much. You never know what isn't going to be running or might be broke when you are there.

andysol

I know, right? They should have checked with you first and scheduled it the day after you leave- because there aren't any Star Wars obsessed kids visiting on that day.
Jeez... you'd think they'd know better.

igkrkn.jpg

Incomudro

It's his first trip to WDW?
My boys (twins) were six on their first WDW vacation.
I understand where you're coming from, but I believe you can trust me; your son will be so enthralled by the rest of what he sees, he'll barely miss what he misses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom