Jedi Mickey’s Star Wars Dinner at Hollywood & Vine Review

Lynn1030

Original Poster
We were in WDW from May 22-28 and went to Star Wars Weekend both weekend nights we were there. The Symphony in the Stars fireworks show is AMAZING - LOVE the finale!

We also ate at the Jedi Mickey's Star Wars Dinner at Hollywood & Vine! For one, I can't believe I water over an hour on the phone to reserve this dinner, but I guess that's the price to pay when you call the morning reservations open for something...

Here is my review of the dinner :)

We headed to Hollywood Studios just in time to make our 7:05 pm reservation. With dark clouds overhead, we knew it would storm at any moment…and with our luck, that moment would be when we pulled the car into our parking spot. So we had to quickly get our stuff together, put Trent in the stroller and walk as fast as we could inside the park. Needless to say, we were hot, exhausted and covered in sweat and rain by the time we got there…pretty nice right?

We parked the stroller, covered it with a poncho and then checked in…baking in the humidity and overabundance of people standing in the small area. Once you give the hostess your name, you stand in a short line to wait to have your photo taken with Chip and Dale. The photo set-up is right in the front as you enter Hollywood & Vine. I didn’t care where it was, as long as it was in the air-conditioning. I would have taken the photo in the bathroom if they made me.

Another cast member takes your bags and waits while you take the photo. Of course, she questioned what the heck Brett was carrying in his camera bag for it to be so heavy. I don’t know how he carries that thing all day.

You are given a special Photopass card with Jedi Mickey on it so you can view/download your photo online later.

Star-Wars-Photopass.jpg

We were pretty much expecting to look terrible in the photo, especially since Trent hasn’t been the best at posing for photos lately, but when I looked online afterward, I was surprised at how great it turned out. I am happy it was a free download, so Brett could Photoshop it to perfection…we may actually have a decent family photo!

Jedi-Mickeys-Dinner-Photo.jpg

We requested a booth and they were able to give us one thankfully. From check in to sit down took us no more than 10 minutes, including the time it took for the photo. Not bad.

Within a few minutes of being seated, our waitress took our drink order and then Brett went to fix Trent’s plate. Always bring the baby his food first (even though he’ll only eat 1/10 of it!)!

Star-Wars-Dinner-4.jpg
Star-Wars-Dinner-1.jpg

We took turns going up to the buffet and we enjoyed many of the options. My favorite choices were the Skywalker Ranch Chicken and the C3PO’s Cream Corn Spoon Bread.

Star-Wars-Dinner-5.jpg
Star-Wars-Dinner-3.jpg

Lynn1030

Original Poster
I like how they named each food item with a Star Wars Theme…here are a bunch of photos from the buffet area.

Breads and rolls. Just to the right of this photo, they had butter and apple butter. I combined both on one piece of bread and it was delicious. I’m not one to fill my stomach with bread before a buffet, but I had to have two pieces with the apple butter.

Star-Wars-Dinner-8.jpg

Soups.

Star-Wars-Dinner-10.jpg

Salad and fruit salad.

Star-Wars-Dinner-9.jpg

Now I’ll let the signs do that talking. The photos of the signs are before each photo of the corresponding foods.

Star-Wars-Dinner-13.jpg
Star-Wars-Dinner-11.jpg
Star-Wars-Dinner-15.jpg
Star-Wars-Dinner-12.jpg
Star-Wars-Dinner-17.jpg
Star-Wars-Dinner-16.jpg

Lynn1030

Original Poster
So while we enjoyed our dinner, we also waited for each character to come around! Luckily, we were in a spot that we could see the characters coming to us, so I could pick Trent up and prepare for the interaction and photo.

Jedi Mickey!

Star-Wars-Dinner-7.jpg

Him and Minnie were perhaps the least interactive out of the 4 characters. They didn’t stay very long and immediately posed for the photo as soon as they got to us. Donald and Goofy interacted for at least a few seconds before turning for the photo.

Star-Wars-Dinner-6.jpg

Stormtrooper Donald!

Star-Wars-Dinner-36.jpg

Darth Goofy!

Star-Wars-Dinner-39.jpg

Princess Minnie!

Star-Wars-Dinner-48.jpg
Star-Wars-Dinner-47.jpg

As you can see, Trent would not turn to the camera for us. He just wanted to look at the characters, even with Brett yelling “Trent!” and making weird whistling sounds and all. Stubborn toddler – good thing we didn’t wait in a line for any of these!

Lynn1030

Original Poster
Star-Wars-Dinner-41.jpg
Star-Wars-Dinner-40.jpg

Which side would you choose?

Star-Wars-Dinner-38.jpg

When we first sat down, our table had paper lightsabers that had blue on one side and red on the other, so you could roll them up and have a fun lightsaber to play with. At $55.99 a person, I would have liked to see something a little more useful, as these didn’t stay rolled up if you weren’t holding them.

Star-Wars-Dinner-2.jpg

But, since Trent had already chosen his side with his shirt, we rolled his up to create a red lightsaber…Dark Side it is!

Star-Wars-Dinner-42.jpg
Star-Wars-Dinner-43.jpg

So I chose the blue lightsaber and we battled it out until the death!

Star-Wars-Dinner-46.jpg

Of course, in this scenario, death equals eventual sharing of C3PO-shaped cookies.

Star-Wars-Dinner-44.jpg
Star-Wars-Dinner-45.jpg

I wonder if that’s an alternate ending to the movies…

Overall, this was a fun event that was nice to say we did once. At this price, we won’t go rushing back and would probably opt to try one of the other special Star Wars character meals just to experience something different. I always like buffets, since we have 2 picky eaters in the family (not I!), so it was nice to get out of the rain and humidity and enjoy a themed buffet dinner with fun characters!

Thanks for reading!!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Star-Wars-Dinner-41.jpg
Star-Wars-Dinner-40.jpg

Which side would you choose?

Star-Wars-Dinner-38.jpg

When we first sat down, our table had paper lightsabers that had blue on one side and red on the other, so you could roll them up and have a fun lightsaber to play with. At $55.99 a person, I would have liked to see something a little more useful, as these didn’t stay rolled up if you weren’t holding them.

Star-Wars-Dinner-2.jpg

But, since Trent had already chosen his side with his shirt, we rolled his up to create a red lightsaber…Dark Side it is!

Star-Wars-Dinner-42.jpg
Star-Wars-Dinner-43.jpg

So I chose the blue lightsaber and we battled it out until the death!

Star-Wars-Dinner-46.jpg

Of course, in this scenario, death equals eventual sharing of C3PO-shaped cookies.

Star-Wars-Dinner-44.jpg
Star-Wars-Dinner-45.jpg

I wonder if that’s an alternate ending to the movies…

Overall, this was a fun event that was nice to say we did once. At this price, we won’t go rushing back and would probably opt to try one of the other special Star Wars character meals just to experience something different. I always like buffets, since we have 2 picky eaters in the family (not I!), so it was nice to get out of the rain and humidity and enjoy a themed buffet dinner with fun characters!

Thanks for reading!!

I love the desserts - how cool!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I agree - the fireworks were awesome. My daughter said the best fireworks in all the parks. We went to the breakfast at Sci-Fi - our photo pass card has Vader. And one of the storm troopers photo bombed a picture I took of my daughter with another SW character. All in all, it was a blast of a weekend and we are already planning for next year.

lunchbox1175

So glad you posted this, we had done it as well, and I was going to post all of our pictures but now I don't have too! :) Oh....and the Mos Eisley Meatballs, the Thighwalkers, and the Plantains were all amazing.....they should keep this buffet instead of the normal H&V food.

Lynn1030

Original Poster
So glad you posted this, we had done it as well, and I was going to post all of our pictures but now I don't have too! :) Oh....and the Mos Eisley Meatballs, the Thighwalkers, and the Plantains were all amazing.....they should keep this buffet instead of the normal H&V food.

We had never been to H&V and wondered how different the normal buffet is from this (aside from the names).

75disney

Enjoyed reading your review. The desserts looked awesome and well-themed. I would love to go to a Star Wars weekend but it is the end of the school year up north and my DH refuses to go when it is hot and humid. It looks so cool though...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom