Jazzin' at GF

MouseDreaming

I was looking at resort pictures, when I saw someone posted a picture of a jazz drum kit at Grand Floridian. Am I right? Do they still play? If they do, does anyone know the schedule? Can you listen to them in the lobby, or just hear in the lounge? I have a 14 year old DS who loves jazz, and he would love to listen. Is it a full swing band, or just a quartet, trio?

Ariel484

These guys?

IMG_0220.jpg

If this is who you're talking about they're in the lobby on the second floor. Just walk in the main entrance and head straight back, and there they are. I'm not sure about the schedule...every time I saw them they were playing in the evening, but I'm sure you could google around and find it somewhere. :) Just grab a seat on a couch and enjoy!

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
In between the band's sets there's someone at the Grand Piano in the middle of lobby, so from about 3pm to 10 there's some sort of live music at the Grand Floridian.
Good to know, but DS plays jazz trumpet. I think he would be more interested in the group. As a matter of fact, that might be a good time to "be on our merry way". While DS loves it, DD does not. I was just talking to DH about my "new Disney must do", and we agree at least 3 of us will be happy.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom