Jaws closed for refurb?

RSD Part Deux

Original Poster
My ride times app tells me that Jaws has been closed for a few days now. I cant find any mention of it anywhere online. Does anyone have additional info on this?

Florida

Yes indeed it is shut down

I was looking on twitter and apparently it's to be down all week :(

Hopefully they are fixing the oil problem in the water ..... last week a blob sprayed up and ruined my tshirt :(

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yes indeed it is shut down

I was looking on twitter and apparently it's to be down all week :(

Hopefully they are fixing the oil problem in the water ..... last week a blob sprayed up and ruined my tshirt :(

Did they strike oil on Amity Island?

Florida

Thanks ... any word on it reopening?

I have no idea when but here's the latest pics of it atm :shrug:

JawsDrained-3.jpg

JawsDrained-2.jpg

JawsDrained-1.jpg

:cry: It's On a Track ! *Childhood ruined* :p

Skip

Jaws has reopened. The boathouse shark, which had been down, is now back up.

Universal uses a 10 point system, with each special effect in a ride having a certain allotment - I know each individual shark is worth quite a lot, so I'm guessing something went out in addition to the boathouse shark and they made the unpopular decision to close it for a few days - however, guests will now have a far superior experience because of it.

jonnyc

I am joining the group of shocked by how shallow it is! At least if little Jimmy fell into the water he wouldn't drown, just be severely burned!

Skip

I rode yesterday - things looked pretty good, except they were strangely running every other boat for a while (boats would dispatch empty, with only the skipper aboard). That and the gas station seemed to start resetting just a moment too soon...

I am happy to report that ALL of the sharks were operating and looked great, and during the heat of the day the FIRE WALL was operating! A pleasant surprise...

(I had heard that the problem may have had to do with the boathouse's roof. I guess they made the necessary repairs and also took the time to get boathouse shark up and running.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom