Jaws 40th Theatrical Re-Release

cosmicray

Original Poster
Saw this yesterday afternoon and had a blast. My theatre was about 3/4 full, pretty good turn out for a film that just turned 40! I've seen Jaws many times in my life but this time was by far the best, on the big screen, the way this film was meant to be viewed. Picture quality was outstanding and the colors were popping, I wanted to step right into Amity and stroll around for a while! Did anybody else catch this on Sunday or yesterday? If so, I'd love to hear your experiences re-watching this classic film :)

Sweet Melissa

We went yesterday. The cinema had 92 seats and was probably a little more than half full. It was a young crowd — lots of young adults who had never seen the film before (when the trivia questions were playing before the movie, one twentysomething said, "Who's Quint?"), and a few families. I was surprised at how many kids under 10 years old were in the room. Even I was flinching at the jump scenes, so I think it would be kind of intense for the littles. Overall, though, it was a good crowd. It's always nice to see classics with an appreciative audience. You feel the scares and the laughs a little more deeply when you're in an energetic theatre.

cosmicray

Original Poster
We went yesterday. The cinema had 92 seats and was probably a little more than half full. It was a young crowd — lots of young adults who had never seen the film before (when the trivia questions were playing before the movie, one twentysomething said, "Who's Quint?"), and a few families. I was surprised at how many kids under 10 years old were in the room. Even I was flinching at the jump scenes, so I think it would be kind of intense for the littles. Overall, though, it was a good crowd. It's always nice to see classics with an appreciative audience. You feel the scares and the laughs a little more deeply when you're in an energetic theatre.
Agreed :)

The audience definitely added to the atmosphere of the event, and I found myself laughing harder at lines I'd heard many times before, and jumping more than usual at the Ben Gardener scene!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom