Jason Kirk New Magic Kingdom Head

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I expect good things just look at his cousin the legendary James T.

Risky move. Is he gonna hit on all ladies (forget about it if they're wearing green face paint), walk around with all the CMs and start fistfights with misbehaving guests, and occasionally stand on the castle forecourt delivering an over the top incredibly hammy speech about emotion and love?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Not much known on the guy 'cept moving up to VP of Transportation Operations in 2004. Anyone have a work bio? In all seriousness, I wonder if he's related to imagineer Tim Kirk. Also... what's the source on this? @Ronnie Sanford

Last edited:

Liberty6

A lot of ops experience. He actually took over at VP of Transportation after Sam Lau left for Epcot in 2014 before that he came from Disneyland. He was a GM at DCA during the remodel having worked his way up mostly in operation and I believe in Industrial Engineering at one point.

TP2000

A lot of ops experience. He actually took over at VP of Transportation after Sam Lau left for Epcot in 2014 before that he came from Disneyland. He was a GM at DCA during the remodel having worked his way up mostly in operation and I believe in Industrial Engineering at one point.

Okay, so solid resume devoid of suspicious sharp pencil boy junk like Finance, Sales/Marketing or Strategic Planning. A good sign.

Stripes

I talked to him on the phone quite recenty. He was super friendly and sounded like he really cared about the guest experience. I was so impressed I sent in a good word for him.

So, you can thank me if things improve. If not, I had absolutely nothing to do with this. ;)
Not much known on the guy 'cept moving up to VP of Transportation Operations in 2004. Anyone have a work bio?
In all seriousness, I wonder if he's related to imagineer Tim Kirk. Also... what's the source on this? @Ronnie Sanford
On the phone, I believe he said he became VP in 2014, not 2004.

Ouray

Okay, so solid resume devoid of suspicious sharp pencil boy junk like Finance, Sales/Marketing or Strategic Planning. A good sign.

Do you know what Industrial Engineers do? They'll tell you that they make your operation better, when in reality, they're often the reason you can walk up to a sit down restaurant in a park, see that only half of the restaurant is occupied, only to be told that they have no more availability for the evening.

Aries1975

Do you know what Industrial Engineers do? They'll tell you that they make your operation better, when in reality, they're often the reason you can walk up to a sit down restaurant in a park, see that only half of the restaurant is occupied, only to be told that they have no more availability for the evening.

Seriously, would you rather have another MBA running things or a lawyer? Anyway, I thought Industrial Engineering had more to do with processes. Simply tweaking a procedure can make a huge difference. Something as simple as buttoning a shirt from the bottom of hem up as opposed to the collar down. It doesn't change the number of buttons which are buttoned, but it does improve the time and accuracy of accomplishing the task.

Going back to your empty restaurant idea. As much as we all love Disney, there is always room for improvement. Maybe it is a potable mini-tablet for the servers to take the order on to eliminate errors between the table and the computer. Or it's hiring more bussers, so servers can handle that extra two-top. Or it's making sure the new souvenir glass for the "hot" seasonal cocktail is stackable so it does not take so much space that the bartender cannot keep sufficient stock of traditional glassware behind the bar. Or texting the mobile phone associated with the reservation when the table is ready to make sure a "hangry" family is not waiting an extra 15-20 min to be seated, because they cannot hear the hostess.

trainplane3

Risky move. Is he gonna hit on all ladies (forget about it if they're wearing green face paint), walk around with all the CMs and start fistfights with misbehaving guests, and occasionally stand on the castle forecourt delivering an over the top incredibly hammy speech about emotion and love?
Maybe we should hope for a Mirror Universe Jason then? Most executives like to cut costs right? Well a mirror version of him would surely increase spending and do more for the park then.

jakeman

If he's half as great as his cousin, the legendary James T. I expect good things!
These are both exceptional post.

Ouray

Going back to your empty restaurant idea. As much as we all love Disney, there is always room for improvement. Maybe it is a potable mini-tablet for the servers to take the order on to eliminate errors between the table and the computer. Or it's hiring more bussers, so servers can handle that extra two-top. Or it's making sure the new souvenir glass for the "hot" seasonal cocktail is stackable so it does not take so much space that the bartender cannot keep sufficient stock of traditional glassware behind the bar. Or texting the mobile phone associated with the reservation when the table is ready to make sure a "hangry" family is not waiting an extra 15-20 min to be seated, because they cannot hear the hostess.

I am not disagreeing that there is always room for improvement in any operation, be it a hospitality one or a factory or whatever. I'm just saying that I'm not certain folks here understand just how much industrial engineers are involved in the modern Disney Parks experience, for better or for worse. Let's see how this guy does.

brent2124

T
The click bait site already taking this info.

Guess they didn't break anything this time, did they?

I'll have more breaking news soon.

Ronnie out~

This information has been available to anyone with access to the Hub since yesterday when his Rostr profile was updated. I also saw the news posted on Twitter yesterday, Tom didn’t need your post to get the information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom