Japanese Fountain; This is something Disney Needs.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Wow those are really fun tp watch. That would be a great thing to see in WS or in any Disney park. It reminds me of those cloud machines that was posted on here a little while ago where they could make the different shapes of clouds. Very cool.

EPCOT Explorer

Someone actually posted this same video over the summer.

I agree FULLY that WDW should have this! Could you imagine it in IllumiNations? Or in front of The Seas? YOW!!!:D

TheDisneyMagic

Someone actually posted this same video over the summer.

I agree FULLY that WDW should have this! Could you imagine it in IllumiNations? Or in front of The Seas? YOW!!!:D

That would be a great entrance marker for the seas, you could have the different characters swimming across and would make a fantastic photo spot.

jedimaster1227

Epcot did have one of these fountains running during the Bocuse D'or cooking event that ran during the Food and Wine Festival. There was also a full-sized operating model running at IAAPA this year.

Rob562

One drawback is that it can only be used indoors. Once you introduce wind to it, it makes it unusable.

-Rob

Rob562

Oh really?

Have you worked with these before?

No, but it's simple physics of falling objects (in this case water).

The images are made by the precise timing of water jets at the top opening and closing. Once the water is out of the nozzle and falling through the air, it's subject to any forces a falling object would be acted upon, mostly wind. Wind would blow the falling water around and mess up the images.

Imagine a bunch of people lined up along a balcony. Each person has a ball. If they all drop their balls at the same time, the balls form a horizontal line in mid-air as they fall. If this is done indoors, it stays a line. If you do it outdoors with any wind, the balls start getting blown around, bump into each other, and they go all over the place.
The mid-air shapes come when those people coordinate the release of the balls to form slanted lines, shapes, etc.

-Rob

Phonedave

Epcot did have one of these fountains running during the Bocuse D'or cooking event that ran during the Food and Wine Festival. There was also a full-sized operating model running at IAAPA this year.

I don't think that was a Disney one though. It was at the Sysco booth, and had the Sysco logo running on it.

I have video of it somewhere.

I would think Sysco does a boatload of business with Disney.

-dave

jedimaster1227

I don't think that was a Disney one though. It was at the Sysco booth, and had the Sysco logo running on it.

I have video of it somewhere.

I would think Sysco does a boatload of business with Disney.

-dave

It was a rented Sysco model. Disney doesn't produce these water printers.

1disneydood

A small indoor water show, maybe every 3x/hour and lasting about 10 minutes would be very cool. They could use the leapfrog fountains and mist screens with the water printer fountains. Thrw in some Disneyesque music and a lighting package and I think it would be a nice place to relax and cool off. They could even get sponsored for advertising a company in the show. :drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom