January Trip Crowds?

Brittany--

Can anyone tell me how the crowds are the week after the Disney marathons? I'm looking to go 1/12/14-1/19/14 and I was hoping that someone had some first hand experience with being there that week.

71dsp

We've gone the last week of January a couple of times. Crowds were very nice, and the weather was quite nice as well. Middle of the week is best for crowds, which one would expect. We found TouringPlans.com to be fairly accurate as far as crowd levels go. The only thing I don't care for during that time period is that many attractions are closed for refurb (at least when we went, there were a number of attractions closed each time), but IMO it's not bad enough to "ruin" the trip. Being able to enjoy the park without sweating your tail off is very nice! :)

Upvote 0

Brittany--

Original Poster
That's good to hear! The last trip I took to WDW was during Spring Break and those crowds were the worst. I was hoping that January would be a good time to go and it seems like it is. Thank you!

Upvote 0

71dsp

Take a light jacket, especially if you don't like cold temps. There were some mornings that were a bit chilly, but by the afternoon I was wearing shorts and t-shirts. My wife was in capris the entire time with a jacket in the morning and t-shirts in the afternoons. Some nights required a light jacket as well. We carried a backpack to the parks and carried the 3 jackets (mine, my wife's, and my son's) in it along with other stuff. That way we could put them away in the afternoons and put them back on in the evenings without having to return to the hotel.

Upvote 0

71dsp

Yes, thanks for the reminder. There are a number of tour groups that we didn't experience during our December trip. For the most part, the tour groups did not bother us, except two times. Once while we were waiting for Fantasmic and two groups got into a chanting competition. The other was behind a small subgroup of a tour group in line at Toy Story Mania and the two teens in front of us could not keep their hands off each other.

Upvote 0

Brittany--

Original Poster
I've become used to the nuisance that is tour groups. Luckily as annoying as they can be, I've never had any major problems with them, so they shouldn't be a huge problem.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom