January crowd level question

goffer630

Original Poster
Hey guys,

I just found out ill be going to disney world january 6-9, needless to say im pumped, but when we go it's usually always the second week of december so im unsure about the crowd levels. I know how bad the crowds get on the 1st, but how much of that crowd dies down by the 6? has anyone been during this time that has some information about wait times?

thanks guys!

Hrudey3032

Should be a very slow time for crowds as kids will be back in school at this point.I have gone at this time of year a few times and usually the longest wait is 15-20 minutes.However if the marathon is this week it may be more full due to that.​

Bobster

Hey guys,

I just found out ill be going to disney world january 6-9, needless to say im pumped, but when we go it's usually always the second week of december so im unsure about the crowd levels. I know how bad the crowds get on the 1st, but how much of that crowd dies down by the 6? has anyone been during this time that has some information about wait times?

thanks guys!

WDWParkHours.com has the park hours for those days with some historical wait times for January 6 and 8...

WDW Park Hours - Jan 6 to Jan 9

Find and click the blue (W) in the park hours list for the historical wait times.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The crowds usually do start to die down a couple of days after New Year's. However, this is offset by the Brazilian tour groups that seem to infest WDW for what feels like the entire month of January. But, if the crowd levels are predicited to be lower, then hopefully you can avoid them. After all, they usually wear the same (neon) colored shirt and have tour guides waving flags all over the place. :)

lukacseven

Crowds will start arriving on Thrusday the 7th. Resorts will have additional Mears busses running continuously to Wide World of Sports through the weekend - Park transportation is not affected. There is a 5K at Epcot early Friday morning. It will be over well before the park opens. You may see a slight increase in park attendance on Friday, particulary in Epcot. Saturday morning, the half marathon starts at 5:45 am. This typically doesn't affect much, either. If you are not using Disney transportation (driving), you may experience delays getting to Epcot and MK, before 9:00 am. After that, what remains of any race crowds should be concetrated in the Epcot parking lots.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom