January 5K theme

lukacseven

Original Poster
I just noticed on the Endurance Series website, the January 5K is listed as "Buzz and Woody's Best Friends 5K."

For those of you who have done the Family 5Ks in the past, how bad were the strollers? My mom was thinking of doing this particular event with me next year but she won't be happy to know they allow strollers in the event. We were planning to walk this event so I don't have to worry about over doing it before the 1/2 the next day and we can easily maintain the required 16 minute mile pace requirement, just a little concerned about the number of strollers that might be involved.

lukacseven

Original Poster
I only did the 5K one year when it was at Animal Kingdom and I don't recall strollers in the race. I started near the front and didn't see any, even at the turn around. I'd hope if strollers are permitted and people are on the course with them, then they would stay in the very back of the pack and respect the runners and even the faster walkers.

Texas84

Strollers were not permitted at the Halloween 5K due to 'safety reasons.' Not sure about the other races.

Erin_Akey

According to the info on the runDisney site, there are no strollers allowed on the course for any of the races.

My kids are running this one the day before Hubby and I do the half. The theme sounds fun for sure!

HPU_Princess

The only 5k that allow strollers is the Princess 5k in Febuary. That was the first 5k I ever competed in and the strollers do not stay at the back. I understand running ahead and being faster than some people, but the first 15 minutes are pretty packed with everyone trying to start the 5k. BUT, it is really fun, and completely worth doing! I am obsessed now and competing in my 5th 5k, 2nd Disney 5k, this January!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom