January 2018 Magic Kingdom Decorations and Frozen Holiday Wish

I'll be at Disneyworld January 3rd to January 9th... Hoping to catch the Christmas decorations and A Frozen Holiday Wish while I'm there. Any chance it will still be there during my stay?

Thanks in advance!

nickys

Premium Member
You won't get the Frozen Holiday Wishes though. All the Christmas stuff ends on NYE, so on Jan 1st everything everts to normal, like FoF instead of the Christmas parade. At Epcot, the Holidays Around the World all end on Dec 30th.

Upvote 0

washingtonnurse08

Original Poster
You won't get the Frozen Holiday Wishes though. All the Christmas stuff ends on NYE, so on Jan 1st everything everts to normal, like FoF instead of the Christmas parade. At Epcot, the Holidays Around the World all end on Dec 30th.
Ah, boo! Thanks for the info! You think Cinderella's Castle will still have the lights up? I went last year...so amazing!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Ah, boo! Thanks for the info! You think Cinderella's Castle will still have the lights up? I went last year...so amazing!

Yeah, I think that's part of the decorations, so they should still be up. I was there last year (OK, this year) so I should know for sure but ..... hopefully someone can confirm.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Yes, the difference is that in November and December, they wait for Frozen Holiday Wish to turn the lights on, so it’s a bit more dramatic. In January, the Dream Lights go on at dusk with the Castle lighting.

Side note, some years, they’ve actually extended Frozen Holiday Wish into January. I saw it in January 2016. Just have to wait and see.

Upvote 0

washingtonnurse08

Original Poster
Yes, the difference is that in November and December, they wait for Frozen Holiday Wish to turn the lights on, so it’s a bit more dramatic. In January, the Dream Lights go on at dusk with the Castle lighting.

Side note, some years, they’ve actually extended Frozen Holiday Wish into January. I saw it in January 2016. Just have to wait and see.
Thanks for the info! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom