January 2018 Availability

jpcns50

Original Poster
Hello everyone, my wife and I are in the process of closing on DVC, we are so excited!! We also just joined WDWMagic so we can chat with experienced DVC owners.

We are looking at using our first points on a trip in late January. What is the availability like then for 1 Bedrooms? We're looking at arriving on Saturday the 27th maybe. Do you all think we would have a tough time getting a 1 bedroom? We won't close until mid-August.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you on the forums!!

nickys

Premium Member
Just did a check for you for a week from 27th Jan.

Good availability except for Copper Creek, GF and Beach Club. Each of those has partial availability for between 3/4 nights at CCV and GF to 6 nights at BCV.

All other resorts are available for at least some categories. But because we're within the 7 month time frame that could change quickly. Good luck with closing soon, and then get straight on to Member Services to book! Personally I would let them book for you the first time as you'll want to do it asap.

Phonedave

AS a rule 1BR a usually available when others have booked up. Of course that is not always the case, but I have found it to be so most of the time.

Also, SSR prettly much has availability all the time except duing very popular times.

-dave

jpcns50

Original Poster
Hey!!, we are new DVCers as well and will be doing our first stay at that time, We've got the Poly booked!

Awesome! We haven't closed officially yet, but can't wait. We won't be at Poly because we have a group of 4 adults, 1 child and 1 infant, so we need a 1BDR.

Phonedave

Awesome! We haven't closed officially yet, but can't wait. We won't be at Poly because we have a group of 4 adults, 1 child and 1 infant, so we need a 1BDR.

The infant does not count toward the occupancy count. The child does.

Most 1BR sleep 5 - however not all have beds for five. Some resorts have either a sleep chair or the uder TV pull down bed, in addition to the regular bed and the pull out couch. Others have nothing but the bed and the couch, but you are allowed to sleep 5. I have done 5 people in both VWL and at BWV by bringing an air matterss and bedding for the fifth person. It is perfectly 'legal' to do.

I suggest you call member services to walk you through which resorts have what accomidations for your group. 5 is an oddball number to work with (I do it all the time) and you have to know what you can and cannot do with a 5th person in each resort.

-dave

correcaminos

BLT & AK 1BD have two full baths :) if that helps.

We did AK 1BD in Kidani last year for 4 adults and 1 child - worked out great.
To be more specific, only Kidani at AK has 2 bathrooms. At Jambo it's only one.

BLT, OKW, VGF, AKL (non value), all have one bedrooms that sleep 5 with bedding provided

BCV, BWV, WL (both), SSR sleep 5 in the one bedrooms, with bedding for 4 only provided.

Ralphlaw

I thought Bay Lake Tower also had two bathrooms. The Poly studios has two toilets and I believe two showers. Maybe I'm wrong.

nickys

Premium Member
I thought Bay Lake Tower also had two bathrooms. The Poly studios has two toilets and I believe two showers. Maybe I'm wrong.

She meant only Kidani at AKL, because previous had said AKL.

Also OP had asked about 1 beds, but you are right about the Poly studios.

correcaminos

As said, I was referring to AKL only since not all of AKL has 2 bathrooms in the 1 bedroom. Just Kidani at AKL has the 2. Jambo does not. BLT 1 bedrooms have 2 bathrooms as well.

And as said Poly has two showers and 1 toilet. The 2nd stand alone shower IMO is the best shower head in all of WDW to me. I'm dying to go back :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom