Jammin Jungle closing in June

SAV

Ugh...this one is a real kick in the stomach...well, even lower for me. I absolutely LOVE this parade. I have it as my ringtone and it was one of my priorities to see it on our trips to WDW. Hell, the one trip it was rained out and I made sure to go back to AK for another day to make sure I got to see it. The way some people react when they see the castle, is how I feel with this parade. I just love the Music, the colors, and as someone said the culture. Just an up-beat and fun parade instead of the sappy over dramatic princessy stuff the others had.

I sure hope that it's closure is in middle to late June since I will be there on June 9th for a week and MUST see it one last time.

JimboJones123

Off topicish.

As much as I would love to see a return of Tapestry, I cannot even begin to wrap my head around the logistics of it. So much foot traffic in Epcot's World Showcase.

Is this because the lack of Future World options?

It used to be that every pavilion offered attractions for every member of every party. We used to never enter World Showcase before 5 pm. Now, by 11 we are looking for more to do and gladly welcome a walk around the world. But, WS has turned into a lounging spot because there just isn't much to do but wait in huge lines for TT and Sorin.

Sorry for the tangent. I used to love this park, but it has basically turned into a glorified food court.

aladdin2007

Off topicish.

As much as I would love to see a return of Tapestry, I cannot even begin to wrap my head around the logistics of it. So much foot traffic in Epcot's World Showcase.

It used to be that every pavilion offered attractions for every member of every party. We used to never enter World Showcase before 5 pm. Now, by 11 we are looking for more to do and gladly welcome a walk around the world. But, WS has turned into a lounging spot because there just isn't much to do but wait in huge lines for TT and Sorin.

Sorry for the tangent. I used to love this park, but it has basically turned into a glorified food court.

exactly, it use take a full two days to see the whole park, now you can pick and choose between the few things that are left, in one day or one afternoon. TDO sees it as a mall.

omurice

You're right Disney, there was too much to do in the Animal Kingdom. Alternating entertainment options from one that took place at 3:45 to one that takes place at 8 PM doesn't extend the day at the park. If this also includes removing (And not relocating) animals around the Tree of Life then you've shortened the day.
This was my thought too - what on earth will keep people occupied even to 3PM now? You see thousands making their exodus to the exit after this parade now. Removing this parade leaves a gap where people will be asking, "Can I wait in this park until (insert yet to be implemented evening activity here)?"
I'm not a big fan of Jammin' Jungle Parade, but I accept the daily activities and entertainment give a life and rhythm to the parks, and clearly people stick around for parades like this. Not every guest will enjoy wandering around all afternoon on the Pangani Forest Trail like I will...

doctornick

FW definitely lost "things to do" with WoL closing, but otherwise I think it is the same number of attractions. The new stuff like Soarin', TT, M:S, Nemo, Imagination 3.0, Ellen all basically replaced FW attractions 1:1. I'd even argue that Sum of All Thrills added a new attraction to the total.

I think that one would feel that FW has less to offer for the following reasons:
(1) some of the new attractions are shorter than previous ones. M:S replacing Horizons is the most obvious one. Imagination minus part of the track (the turntable) is shorter. TT is shorter than WoM. The Nemo ride is probably less time that the previous movie/hydrolaters/ride. Soarin' is shorter than Kitchen Kaberet, though with the line wait (even using FP), I'm not sure it fits in this category.
Point being, you can do all of the attractions in FW in less time than previous, even ignoring losing out on WoL.
(2) Some of the stuff at FW now might seem worthless or stale (e.g. Imagination, Eo, Nemo) to a frequent visitor or one who liked the character of the original Epcot Center. So, it might just be that one isn't doing as much as previous during visits. There's also the argument that some of the attractions now don't warrant repeating the way previous ones do.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Same with the now eternally running night time shows. (edit: I thought about this and it seems to me the show at EPCOT was changed out fairly regularly before RoE. I really can only think of one fireworks show at MK that preceded Wishes. So, maybe, I'm way off base on this. Fantasy in the Sky was the old show in MK? Did it open way back in the 70's? Sure seems like the nighttime shows could be upgraded more often. How often are they upgraded at non-WDW parks? I kind of remember Wishes ran for 2 or 3 years at DLP. Anyhoo, they sure aren't very aggressive at swapping these things out. I should note, I really like both existing nighttime spectaculars. I just think something new every decade would be nice. I'm sure @marni1971 knows these things off the top of his head). Also, anyone remember Carnival de Lumiere? Man, I wish I had a video camera back then. I could give Martin a run for his money, except I'd be way too lazy to post all that stuff on the internetz.
There were at least two completely different Fantasy in the Skies, probably more. Plus seasonal shows.

A few examples you asked for, DLP had Fantasia in the Sky, Simbas FiROARworks, Fantasy in the Sky, Wishes and Enchanted before Dreams.

DLs had its versions of FitS, Believe, Imagine, Remember and Magical.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
There were at least two completely different Fantasy in the Skies, probably more. Plus seasonal shows.

A few examples you asked for, DLP had Fantasia in the Sky, Simbas FiROARworks, Fantasy in the Sky, Wishes and Enchanted before Dreams.

DLs had its versions of FitS, Believe, Imagine, Remember and Magical.

Ahhh....Thanks. Your answer helps an UNBELIEVABLE amount with my middle aged Alzheimers. I couldn't square the fact that it seemed to me like the show in MK (Fantasy in the Sky) seemed to have the same name for years, but I seemed to recall different shows. That led to a muddled thought process where I wound up questioning myself which is the worst kind of thought process.

walter1901

Reportedly, when Festival of the Lion King opens in Africa this Summer, Jammin Jungle will end with a final performance in mid July. The 14 year old parade will be retired sadly after great years jamming, jingling, and fun!

Disneydreamer23

Yes I Wish they were replacing this parade since now the only park with one is MK and Bringing my young ( 16) month daughter in September I was excited for her to see this I don't mind it going though

mm52200

As of right now, the last day it's scheduled that you can see on the WDW calendar for Jammin' Jungle is August 31st.
I have feeling that may change, considering the cast of the parade has been told June. The WDW calendar has been known to be inaccurate before.

DABIGCHEEZ

You can always pay $120 for Harambe Nights. I would not be surprised if some of those Jammin puppets and performers are recycled for that event.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom