Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Original Poster
Did anyone watch Jamie's food revolution? I haven't heard too much about his U.S version but he's done wonders in the U.K. but there is still a long way to go. It seems as though he's getting a lot of resistence in the states, less than 1 million signatures on the petition. I was a teacher (in the states) for 7 years and was assigned daily cafeteria duty and was shocked at the garbage that the kids were served and the stuff they brought from home was even worse. Statistically this generation of children have shorter life expectancy than their parents.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/campaigns/jamies-food-revolution

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yep if we ate REAL food instead of processed rubbish we would be fitter, healithier, and have a much better quality of life. We'd also save a fortune on health care for dealing with obesity related health issues.

emerald28

I agree that it's a good idea in theory, but I doubt it'll take hold. Unless the parents and school staff are 100% behind the change, the kids won't do it... what kid would choose veggies over pizza? Not many. It's kind of sad, but I think that's the reality. :shrug:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Original Poster
I agree that it's a good idea in theory, but I doubt it'll take hold. Unless the parents and school staff are 100% behind the change, the kids won't do it... what kid would choose veggies over pizza? Not many. It's kind of sad, but I think that's the reality. :shrug:

There is really no reason why kids couldn't have pizza, it just needs to be made from real food ingredients instead of chemicals from a test tube.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom