James Cameron hopes for Avenger fatigue

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Original Poster
Wonder what Iger thinks of this statement?

As it appears that this chapter of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is coming to an end with “Avengers: Infinity War,” sci-fi aficionado James Cameron says that’s probably for the best.

The man behind legendary sci-fi franchises such as “Terminator” and “Avatar” told reporters on Saturday that he’s a fan of the “Avengers” movies, but he fears that they have dominated too much of the genre as of late.

“I’m hoping we’ll start getting ‘Avenger’ fatigue here pretty soon,” Cameron said. “Not that I don’t love the movies. It’s just, come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It’s like, oy!”

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/james-cameron-avengers-sci-fi-avatar-2-1201955644/

WhatJaneSays

That seems kind of petty of him. I'm not entirely sure what he would gain from these sorts of comments? The continued success of any sci-fi adjacent franchise should indicate that the market can bear more; provided it's entertaining and made decently enough to hold interest.

Princess Leia

I find it interesting that he said that just as two MCU films with female superheroes in the lead roles are on the horizon (Ant-Man and the Wasp & Captain Marvel).

Honestly, I think Cameron’s just bitter that Black Panther beat Titanic at the domestic box office, and that Avatar has faded out of pop culture (minus the World of Pandora). If Disney buys Fox, then Avatar will be in the House of Mouse, and it’s not a great thing to root against your colleagues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom