Jambo or Kidani? Pros and Cons?

correcaminos

Both pools have slides, but we find the Jambo one lacking. Both have their own bus stop. Kidani (when shared and it has been when we've been there) is first pick up and drop off. Both have their own lobbies and food locations. Jambo is the original AKL location and the lobby and gift shop are larger than Kidani's. I find Kidani to be more quiet than Jambo. Both have QS locations with Jambo's being larger/more options and opened a couple hours later if it matters. They are quite close to each other though. They both have great activities at each location though we found ourselves going to Kidani's more than Jambo's.

Keep in mind Kidani is DVC type rooms so a 'studio' will have 1 bed, 1 sleeper sofa and a kitchenette.

correcaminos

We’ve stayed in both multiple times...but the tally is probably 4 or 5 in kidani and 10-15 at the old DAKL...

I like both but the ratio speaks for itself
I think it's really almost polarizing. I don't think either is bad, but we do not like Jambo near as much. But we also do 2 bedrooms where there is a larger difference too. And we prefer more quiet locations. It seems there are a lot of those who really have strong preferences both ways.

Lilybutton

Original Poster
Both pools have slides, but we find the Jambo one lacking. Both have their own bus stop. Kidani (when shared and it has been when we've been there) is first pick up and drop off. Both have their own lobbies and food locations. Jambo is the original AKL location and the lobby and gift shop are larger than Kidani's. I find Kidani to be more quiet than Jambo. Both have QS locations with Jambo's being larger/more options and opened a couple hours later if it matters. They are quite close to each other though. They both have great activities at each location though we found ourselves going to Kidani's more than Jambo's.

Keep in mind Kidani is DVC type rooms so a 'studio' will have 1 bed, 1 sleeper sofa and a kitchenette.
So does Jambo have two beds?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think it's really almost polarizing. I don't think either is bad, but we do not like Jambo near as much. But we also do 2 bedrooms where there is a larger difference too. And we prefer more quiet locations. It seems there are a lot of those who really have strong preferences both ways.

Ehhh...kidani - while nice - still has that minimalist “add on” feel to me.

Not as bad as bay lake...but still

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Kidani has larger 1 and 2 bedrooms being they have an extra full bath so 1 bedrooms have 2 full bathrooms and 2 bedrooms have 3 full bathrooms. Also the master bath is nicer and larger in those than at Jambo. Kidani master baths have a separate large jacuzzi tub and huge walk in shower. Jambo masters only have a jacuzzi tub/shower combo. We prefer Kidani and Kidani is our home. We bought at Kidani in 2013 after staying there numerous times years prior and fell in love with it there. ;)

nickys

Premium Member
Just posted on the DVC forum! But I’ll paste it here too...

Both have a pool, bus stops etc. Kidan’s pool has a good slide and great splash pad play area. Jambo is getting a pool make-over but no details yet (it’s closed for 3months, so no major redesign but more than just new tiles I imagine).

Kidani is solely DVC. So it has the quieter vibe. The lobby is still impressive but smaller, the art work and themeing is still as impressive. The CMs will still happily talk about their home and culture as at Jambo.

It doesn’t have a separate QS faculty, Sanaa does a QS breakfast option to go or eat in. It also has a small bar attached. It has a community centre like many DVC resorts.

Jambo is the deluxe resort with many more activities going on through the day. It has Jiko which is a signature restaurant, plus Boma (buffet) and a QS place.

The two at about a 10minute walk from each other with a shuttle bus. Buses are sometimes shared but at busy times are separate.

Both resorts are spread out. Kidani more so. Kidani has underground parking.

The 1 bedsrooms and bigger have an extra bathroom at Kidani, so 2 bathrooms for a 1 bedroom villa, 3for a 2bedroom etc. Jambo has the value villas and uniquely club level for DVC as well as for non-DVC. The villas there (which include the studios) are redesigned hotel rooms. However if renting you’d be very lucky to get a value room, don’t base your decision on their price. Standard rooms at Jambo mostly have some kind of view of the pool and / or gardens. At Kidani, the standard rooms look over to the pool but with the access road in between.

But there are plenty of public places in both resorts to watch the animals, including the outlooks; they have night vision goggles in the evening. Sanaa is the only restaurant with some savannah facing windows, and the outlook is right outside.

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)

Beg to differ it is just as well themed and beautiful. Love all the quiet relaxing nooks and crannies that Jambo does not have. More intimate at Kidani and rooms are nicer not just converted rooms like at Jambo. Most also prefer the Kidani pool area over Jambo as well. We will just have to agree to disagree. Lol ;)

RaySharpton

We’re thinking of renting points but would like to know details: do they have their own pools? With slide? Closest to bus stop? Closest to main resort? TIA!

I enjoy AKL Jambo. I usually rent the value studio for fewer points and I like the Boma and Jiko restaurants. The Mara quick service is good, too.

correcaminos

So does Jambo have two beds?
Somehow misread the renting points. Both will not have 2 beds unless you book a regular room at Jambo. Sorry, I thought the renting was only for Kidani at first (not sure why) Jambo will also be harder to book than Kidani as well.

To each their own. I never once got that feel. Not even from Bay Lake. They are just different to me. Again I prefer Kidani because it feels more like a home. Jambo is more lime a busy hotel. Both are beautifully constructed though.

Truly though you helped prove my point. It can be quite polarizing for many and you have your die hard fans of both. Since we prefer 2 bedroom dedicated there is no choice for us.

nickys

Premium Member
We’re thinking of renting points but would like to know details: do they have their own pools? With slide? Closest to bus stop? Closest to main resort? TIA!

One more thing.

Jambo House is the main AKL Resort building, which has both ordinary hotel rooms and DVC villas. It also has Club Level rooms, including for DVC which is unique to AKL.

Kidani is the DVC part of the resort. A separate building about 10 minutes walk away.

Both share one savannah, and then each has it’s own second one. Different animals are kept on the Savannah’s, to avoid conflict etc. So, for example, the red river hogs are only found on the Pembe savannah at Kidani (they’re somewhat aggressive to other animals, but they are soooo cute)! None of the savannahs are those that you see on the Kilimanjaro Safari ride at AK Park.

Both are part of the Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort, and you can use facilities at either.

Sometime people get confused and think there are 3 different parts to AKL. Just wanted to clarify!

PrincessNelly_NJ

We prefer Kidani. We feel like the quieter vibe really adds to the Africa feel. I just feel move relaxed there. We've never stayed at Jamob house but we visit often and it just isn't for us.

The wife and I stayed at Kidani 3 years ago and LOVED it. It was an experience like nothing before. So much detail everywhere walking through the lobby and the restaurants. I agree with all those who said Kidani is quiet, though I can't compare it to Jambo as I've never stayed there - yet :) the wife and I are staying there in early August this year and can't wait!

Our stay in Kidani though was amazing. The room was incredible and the Savannah view was incredible. I can't imagine what kids would think when they see all kinds of animals, if of course they are out during your stay as it is some luck in seeing a lot of them.

For those who have stayed at Jambo before in a Deluxe Studio with Standard View, where are those rooms usually located? Thank you!

Nottamus

Both are pretty nice. We've stayed at both, and although we prefer Jambo, we alternate between them on vacations.

Honestly, with the shuttle going back and forth every 10-minutes or so, its like one big resort.

We prefer Jambo for that Lobby, the sheer size and awe. The smell of Boma when you walk in, and the music loop!

Lilybutton

Original Poster
One more thing.

Jambo House is the main AKL Resort building, which has both ordinary hotel rooms and DVC villas. It also has Club Level rooms, including for DVC which is unique to AKL.

Kidani is the DVC part of the resort. A separate building about 10 minutes walk away.

Both share one savannah, and then each has it’s own second one. Different animals are kept on the Savannah’s, to avoid conflict etc. So, for example, the red river hogs are only found on the Pembe savannah at Kidani (they’re somewhat aggressive to other animals, but they are soooo cute)! None of the savannahs are those that you see on the Kilimanjaro Safari ride at AK Park.

Both are part of the Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort, and you can use facilities at either.

Sometime people get confused and think there are 3 different parts to AKL. Just wanted to clarify!
Thank you, I never made the connection that Jambo was part of the hotel..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom