Jamaica vs Aruba at CBR

Spash007

Original Poster
We have a trip coming up (surprisingly fast) in December, and we'll be staying in CBR. We have a standard room (2 queens), and we're also going to be traveling with my in-laws who have a King room. I'm thinking of requesting nearby rooms in Aruba or Jamaica, but am torn because it looks like some Jamaica rooms may be slightly further from Old Port Royale, but closer to their own bus stop.

I'm thinking maybe building 44 or even 42 in Jamaica or 51 in Aruba? I'm also really hoping to avoid having the Skyliner pole right outside our window, but distance is more important to me. Anyone have any experience with those?

JillC LI

Don't know about the skyliner, but we found that Jamaica and Aruba were about equidistant to the food court on our two stays there. We weren't using the bus though so I can't factor that in.

YankeeMouse

Don't know about the skyliner, but we found that Jamaica and Aruba were about equidistant to the food court on our two stays there. We weren't using the bus though so I can't factor that in.
42 has the quiet pool very close and bus stop not too bad and close enough to the bridge.
And yes, Jamaica and Aruba pretty much mirror images, so equidistant.

Herdman

It's been many years since we stayed at CBR, but we stayed in the Jamaica building and really liked it. The walk to the food court was kind of nice in the morning as the family was getting ready, but what we really liked was the proximity to the bus stop. On almost all instances we had no trouble getting on the first bus that came to our stop.

MissingDisney

Per TouringPlans room finder, building 51 has 2 king rooms, building 44 has only 1, but building 42 has at least 16 ...something to consider if you want to be near your family.

thumper

Just stayed there for the W&D half marathon weekend and was in Building 45 (upstairs) - door opened up to the interior courtyard view. I turned the corner and the stairs leading down were closest to the bridge that leads to Caribbean Cay/Port Royale. I will tell you that there is a Skyliner pole right at the end of that bridge (separates Aruba/Jamaica). I had friends next door in Building 44 closer to the parking lot and it was not a far walk to their room (maybe 2-3 min?).

THRILLERS98

Me and my husband stayed in Aruba building 54 in September. We had a king room top floor. It was close to parking lot and the last bus stop. The only problem we had was a lot of times by the time the bus got to us it was full so had to keep waiting on the next bus.

surfsupdon

Just stayed there for the W&D half marathon weekend and was in Building 45 (upstairs) - door opened up to the interior courtyard view. I turned the corner and the stairs leading down were closest to the bridge that leads to Caribbean Cay/Port Royale. I will tell you that there is a Skyliner pole right at the end of that bridge (separates Aruba/Jamaica). I had friends next door in Building 44 closer to the parking lot and it was not a far walk to their room (maybe 2-3 min?).
That courtyard view in building 45 is our go to building for our senior trip the past nine years. We get both floors on the courtyard side, and all first floor rooms on the outside as well. It’s a terrific location!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom