• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report I've climbed the mountain, I've crossed the river, and I'm almost there!

bee

Original Poster
Day 17, cont.

As we exited the monorail I received this notification from the SPG app:

Uhhh, thanks?

Looking back at the station

Approaching the hotel

On the way to the room we checked out some of the restaurants and amenities at the hotel.

Explicitly vegetarian foods??? WHAAAAAAT??

In the elevator:

Some rooms had housekeeping staff inside. These rooms were clearly marked:

I had stopped at the vending machine for a drink:

Here are some more pictures of the room.

(between the two beds)

On the table:

And out the window:

Up next: Nap time

bee

Original Poster
Advertisement
I'll be sure to leave my jet pack at home.....
😆 That might have been a better way to evacuate Aquatopia!!

Thanks for taking and sharing so many pictures! As I scrolled down there were times that I felt I was “walking along” and experiencing itwith you.
You're welcome! I am so enjoying reliving the trip through my photos, and I'm glad you're enjoying it too!

bee

Original Poster
Day 17, cont.

Back in the room we all agreed we needed a nap. We each set our alarms for two hours later. I woke up first well before the alarm and then the other two woke up, but neither of them realized the other was awake and they were being quiet so as not to wake the other. I sent a group text that said, "Everyone is awake." They both read it and laughed.

When I opened the curtains I saw this:

(to the left from the balcony)

We all got ready to go and headed back to the monorail.

There were actually two outside entrances on the front side of the hotel. The first time we went up a ramp to the second floor as that's where the lobby is. As we exited this time we went to the first floor, which is where buses and such go.

Back to the monorail...

Dolphin??

We got to the park, scanned our tickets, and showed our hand stamps.

The first order of business was food. Again I had researched and I knew that our only option in DisneySea besides the curry we'd had earlier was a pizza at Zambini Brothers Ristorante in Mediterranean Harbor.

Once we arrived, M found a table for us, and S and I ordered. I ordered all in Japanese and the CM responded all in Japanese and I understood (enough)! Woohoo!

Pizza, wine, and minestrone. Turns out if an item doesn't EXPLICITLY say it's vegetarian...it's not 😢

After dinner we explored the nearby area.

Beautiful like a rose

Venetian gondolas

There was a whole kind of "hidden" area by the Venetian gondolas that was absolutely gorgeous. This was one of many times when I wished that WDW would learn from TDR. This area was soooo detailed and beautiful and there was so much to explore! It was like seeing what the Italy pavilion could be.

I was trying to remember why we hadn't ridden the gondolas. Then I saw this photo of the line ;)

Up next: American Waterfront

MinnieM123

Loving this recent batch of photos -- and what a nice view from your hotel room, too!

Sorry to hear that you cut your finger when the ride started up. Sort of reminds me of how I always end up with war wounds from vacations, too! :hilarious: I always come home with leg bruises, usually from departing moving platform vehicles such as SSE, for example. Obviously, I am not coordinated! :p

Reactions: bee

bee

Original Poster
Loving this recent batch of photos -- and what a nice view from your hotel room, too!

Sorry to hear that you cut your finger when the ride started up. Sort of reminds me of how I always end up with war wounds from vacations, too! :hilarious: I always come home with leg bruises, usually from departing moving platform vehicles such as SSE, for example. Obviously, I am not coordinated! :p
Thank you! I feel like it's not a vacation without at least one injury or illness-and I got to have both on this trip! :hilarious:

Loving the TDS pics!!

Max
Thank you!

bee

Original Poster
Day 17, cont.

We spent a little more time in the Harbor before going to American Waterfront.

Not a single veggie item!

Look at the name of the olive oil company. It's Zambini Brothers-which is the name of the restaurant where we ate dinner. This "ad" is in American Harbor. So apparently the Zambini brothers emigrated to the US and now sell olive oil! I loved this little detail and how each land blended into the next, while maintaining its unique identity.

We checked out the Toy Story area.

We continued moving in American Waterfront.

Up next: We try Aquatopia again...and what's the deal with the popcorn??

bee

Original Poster
Day 17, cont.

We next went back to Port Discovery to try Aquatopia again as it had a short wait.

I am pleased to say no one was evacuated this time and we actually got to ride. :joyfull: It was a fun ride and we had a good time.

When I was doing my research for this trip, I knew I wanted--no, NEEDED--to try the different popcorn flavors.

We had heard about the special popcorn buckets, and they really were EVERYWHERE.

Each kiosk only sold one flavor for simplicity. We noticed that most snack kiosks only sold one or MAYBE two things, and most restaurants had a very limited menu as well. I guess when your park is that busy you need to simplify and streamline!

This particular flavor was black pepper and it was SO. GOOD.

Next M got a churro from somewhere.

It was also good!

Up next: I have a big butto... 😳

Top Bottom