I've bought tickets. What now?

allanbarr

Hello friends, Long time lurker and even further out of touch Disney Guest. We haven't been to a Disney park since January 2013 and I've planned one last hoorah. I do not enjoy all this researching on how to take a vacation! I've bought my tickets and linked them to the Disney Experience account and I've also made park reservations. Do I have to separately buy Magic Bands and have them linked or does Disney send a card? I'd like to have all that done so we can walk straight into the park. We are not staying on property. Thank you for any insight.

nickys

Premium Member
Hello friends, Long time lurker and even further out of touch Disney Guest. We haven't been to a Disney park since January 2013 and I've planned one last hoorah. I do not enjoy all this researching on how to take a vacation! I've bought my tickets and linked them to the Disney Experience account and I've also made park reservations. Do I have to separately buy Magic Bands and have them linked or does Disney send a card? I'd like to have all that done so we can walk straight into the park. We are not staying on property. Thank you for any insight.
You don’t need magic bands but if you want them then you can buy them from ShopDisney and link them to your MDE account. Otherwise you can now use your phone instead, or get the plastic cards from Guest Services.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Yeah, you'll have to make a quick stop at Guest Relations to get cards. I'm not sure if they can link them, or if they'll just hand you cards and have you link them yourself in the app.

2013 was the very beginning of RFID ticket media, so if you still have your old tickets, you may be able to link them to your profiles and use them. Look for the Mickey-head-inside-a-circle logo on the back of the card that indicates it's RFID media.

-Rob

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah, you'll have to make a quick stop at Guest Relations to get cards. I'm not sure if they can link them, or if they'll just hand you cards and have you link them yourself in the app.

2013 was the very beginning of RFID ticket media, so if you still have your old tickets, you may be able to link them to your profiles and use them. Look for the Mickey-head-inside-a-circle logo on the back of the card that indicates it's RFID media.

-Rob
@Rob562 , Would it only be RFID tickets that would be listed on MDE as active?

Upvote 0

Rob562

@Rob562 , Would it only be RFID tickets that would be listed on MDE as active?

At the very least the ones that show up under "My MagicBands and Cards" section, yes.

I have about 7 Bands and 4 cards on my account. I've listed the cards as inactive, but before I did I tried using a couple on a trip for a few different tap-to-use functions (FP+, room key, Photopass) and they all worked.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom