**It's UNOFFICIAL** The '13 Unofficial WDWMagic Girls Cruise!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I got in trouble for not going on the last one haha. I don't think mine cared so much about where I went, but that the TV was all his haha!

That's funny! I generally give up the tv to the testosterone-ites around here anyway. I'd rather read Disney crap then be the all-knowing later when they know nothing Disney and I possess all the power. Bwaaaahahahahaaa!!!!

Seriously, Tracey and I went thru a very rough time some years back and we attribute a lot of that to us not making time for ourselves as individuals. If you lose yourself in life it's truly a recipe for disaster. It definitely was for us. So since then we've tried to make it a point to encourage each other to have things all our own. We can share our interests and things but we still create that space for individuality. I've fell off on my doll collecting in recent years. The cruising and studying travel has become more my passion. He encourages that. If I can slip off and have some fun with my passion he's shoving me out the door to go do it. Me-thinks he wants me to hit Platinum so we can all reap the benefits.... I suppose that's a sacrifice I'll just haaaaave to make. LOL!

Disney_Belle

That's funny! I generally give up the tv to the testosterone-ites around here anyway. I'd rather read Disney crap then be the all-knowing later when they know nothing Disney and I possess all the power. Bwaaaahahahahaaa!!!!

Seriously, Tracey and I went thru a very rough time some years back and we attribute a lot of that to us not making time for ourselves as individuals. If you lose yourself in life it's truly a recipe for disaster. It definitely was for us. So since then we've tried to make it a point to encourage each other to have things all our own. We can share our interests and things but we still create that space for individuality. I've fell off on my doll collecting in recent years. The cruising and studying travel has become more my passion. He encourages that. If I can slip off and have some fun with my passion he's shoving me out the door to go do it. Me-thinks he wants me to hit Platinum so we can all reap the benefits.... I suppose that's a sacrifice I'll just haaaaave to make. LOL!

Well, I guess if he's going to twist your arm about it!

I understand what you're saying. Rich works 16 hour days, so I see him for maybe an hour or so every night, and that's him coming home, eating dinner and going right to bed. On the weekends he usually likes to go to the range or do something with one of his friends and Sunday is kind of "our" day. But he, like Tracey, encourages me to do the things I love, and I to him. It's important. And as much as I truly LOVE being on vacation with my husband, by day 7 I'm ready for him to go back to work haha. I think us not being together ALL the time makes us work all the more better.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Well, I guess if he's going to twist your arm about it!

I understand what you're saying. Rich works 16 hour days, so I see him for maybe an hour or so every night, and that's him coming home, eating dinner and going right to bed. On the weekends he usually likes to go to the range or do something with one of his friends and Sunday is kind of "our" day. But he, like Tracey, encourages me to do the things I love, and I to him. It's important. And as much as I truly LOVE being on vacation with my husband, by day 7 I'm ready for him to go back to work haha. I think us not being together ALL the time makes us work all the more better.

Oh yeah. After a while I have my testy moments because I'm not used to the 24/7 with Tracey either. But then he goes back to work and he's not there anymore and I become a big sappy ball of pathetic crying after him. Again. I'm so weird!

Disney_Belle

Oh yeah. After a while I have my testy moments because I'm not used to the 24/7 with Tracey either. But then he goes back to work and he's not there anymore and I become a big sappy ball of pathetic crying after him. Again. I'm so weird!

Yes. I plead the 5th on that, too. By 1:00 pm on his first day back I'm calling him on his lunch break saying how much I miss him and wish he was home again.

plaz10

I'm gonna throw my definite vote for 2015 girls cruise! Give everyone time to get their ducks (and finances) in a row. And then I can do a cruise with my hubby in 2014 so I won't feel guilty for ditching him in 2015. I'm all about saving money AND about being first in line to get those cabanas again - they are an absolute MUST DO for all girls trips from here on out! :)

emcclay

I'm good for '15. Parents are coming down in January and September of 2014 so my vacation time is pretty much non-existent :)

EDIT: and I still can't get my mom convinced that she would like a cruise..

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
For those who vote annual we could do something annually and then some could be jumping in every other year as needed. I mean, I usually have at least 2 or 3 trips out booked at any given time. Just have 2 annual-ish things on the books and everyone can pick one or both. Right?

**edit**
We're currently trying to get a gameplan together for May 2015. Chandler wants to receive his diploma onboard a ship somewhere. We just need to narrow down the where before those 2015 dates release. :D

Disneyfalcon

I kind of like the annual plan so there's a reliable pattern. Everyone can jump in whichever year they can! Preferably both! Lol!

Now do we do girls one year and then families the next? The downside with families is school. It's a lot cheaper to book in September! When school is in session!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I kind of like the annual plan so there's a reliable pattern. Everyone can jump in whichever year they can! Preferably both! Lol!

Now do we do girls one year and then families the next? The downside with families is school. It's a lot cheaper to book in September! When school is in session!

Yep. This is the hook. Also, September tends to be free dining so a lot of people could also pair the short cruise with a short parks trip. More than one of us gals had our hunnies come join us after the cruise to continue the fun.

I'm up for either all-ladies or whatever. Personally, I liked the all-ladies thing because I didn't have to worry about taking care of my guys or watching out for anyone's kiddos. But, I know a lot of the guys out there were wishing to go also. Maybe we should call it the Pirates-n-Princesses Ballyhoo!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Tammy, what about the end of August 2015? Would that be a better option if we were trying to work with school schedules??? I'm not sure what the majority of the country even does for school schedules anymore. The boys are starting this school year tomorrow and ending on 6/3 at the latest. Most likely they'll finish out earlier since they can work at their own pace. ((Brian swears he'll finish before Easter. I think I may lay some money on that one for extra motivation.))

Disney_Belle

I know here in Mass they start usually the Tuesday or Wednesday after Labor Day. However this year, many started the Friday before Labor Day (I still don't understand what the point was of that).

And I LOVE the Pirates-n-Princesses Ballyhoo :) You're so creative.

Disneyfalcon

Tammy, what about the end of August 2015? Would that be a better option if we were trying to work with school schedules??? I'm not sure what the majority of the country even does for school schedules anymore. The boys are starting this school year tomorrow and ending on 6/3 at the latest. Most likely they'll finish out earlier since they can work at their own pace. ((Brian swears he'll finish before Easter. I think I may lay some money on that one for extra motivation.))

End of August may work! Some people will be in school, but not everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom