It's time to say goodbye to Ellen

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Now that Ellen is off TV, Alex Trebek has lost his Mustache, and Bill Nye is not a science guy anymore......I think it's time to update the Universe of Energy. How could the show be redone? Who would make a good host?

How about House of Mouse? They lose power, and Mickey and the gang learn about energy???? Keeping the Primeval World.

As odd as this sounds, I kinda got used to the Ellen show. And you are talking to someone who doesn't think they should ever change a thing (especially in my beloved FutureWorld!). However, if it would change, I would like to see something more like the original show, something a little more serious.

Although....that House of Mouse idea isn't bad! Who does the writing for that show?? It is TREMENDOUS!!!! Definately the funniest cartoon on TV right now!

RobFL

Account Suspended
It's too expensive to redo UoE. This "Small" (relatively) change for the Ellen version cost a fortune.

-Rob

DisJosh

The Ellen update wasn't made too long ago so another change isn't probable. Plus I like the attraction as is. Before the Ellen change it was extremely boring...her dry comedy really spices the ride up.

kwt10

I must agree that Ellen must go! Do I remember correctly that when they made the changes with Ellen that there was a rumor going around that the ride would be changed often with other celebrities in the ride and show? My mind could be totaly off on that one!

Nut4Disney

I like both versions, even though it took me awhile to warm up to the Ellen version. I don't think that they will change Ellen anytime soon. It really hasn't been there all that long, and it is very expensive to change an attraction every 5 yrs or so, just because the careers of those in the storyline have gone south. Look how long they've had George Wendt, Dana Carvey, Jon Lovitz, Kevin Nealon, etc. in Cranium Command. Where are these guys now? Most teens seeing this attraction now, have no idea who these people are.

bearboysnc

I was working in DL Costuming when the Ellen figure was created, supposedly it was the most expensive figure at the time. I thought it was just a recycled WOM figure? It's not their best AA figure.

I'm not crazy about the Ellen update, but it's 100 times better than that boring original version.

Even if all the celebs are in different places now. They faces are still recognizable, I don't see them changing it any time soon.

gjpjtj

Originally posted by bearboysnc
I was working in DL Costuming when the Ellen figure was created, supposedly it was the most expensive figure at the time. I thought it was just a recycled WOM figure? It's not their best AA figure.

I agree, I think the Ellen figure is kinda hokie.:)

Becky

Oh please don't go back to the dry science version of UoE. :(

The "Ellen" version presents science in a fun way.:D

Even the pre-show is sort of :cool: now.

I do agree that they must have spent about $1.98 on the Ellen AA:lol:

all_good_chic

i can hardly remember the old UOE because i slept through most of it. I couldn't keep my eyes open it was such a yawn ride. It was horrible ....i always thought it was punishment my parents forced me to suffer through. The newer version is much better and i actually choose to go on it, i don't think disney needs to update it since it is such a huge improvment from the original.:)

mickeyfanatics

The AA fighting the monster is no Ellen, it looks like Michael J Fox (and I think he is a great actor). "I'll use the thing!"

I loved the original show for its technical aspects and being a Science Teacher, I found it very educational. The preshow with the rotating screens in sync with the show was amazing. Remember, that was 1982! Also, the fact that the ride did not change, only the movies shows how imaginative those imagineers were. Where is that kind of imagineer today? Well, some are still there (TOT, RNR, CTE).

It took me a while to warm up to Ellen, but my admiration of Bill Nye helped. I even met him once at a taping of the new MMC. I say they need to spend money elsewhere creating new attractions, not destroying or redoing old ones.

LONG LIVE SWITZERLAND and the NEW MATTERHORN!

disneyisbest

Although Ellen going isn't all that probable. I would like to see a change, but the current show has only been there about five years or so. Besides the best part of the show is basically the same except for the fact that their is a gay animatronic figure.

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The problem is not Ellen. The problem is putting celebrities in attractions. They become dated very fast!

cm1988

Dino Trivia

Originally posted by JungleJim
The problem is not Ellen. The problem is putting celebrities in attractions. They become dated very fast!
Two of the dinos are celebrities (or copies of celebrities)!

The Stegasaurus and T-Rex battling on that teetering rock were in those same poses in the 1964/1965 New York Word's Fair... at Ford's Magic Skyway.

You rode past Steggie and Rex in a 'new' 1964 Ford convertable.

RobFL

Account Suspended
It's not a T-rex.

The dinosaurs are true to life scale, and this would be a tiny T-rex - plus the facial structure is all wrong. It's an Allosaurus, like the exterior topiary.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom