It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...to Go to the World: A December 2012 TR

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...to Go to the World: A December 2011 TR

:xmas: :xmas: :xmas:
I'm so excited to return to Walt Disney World for our second Christmas trip that I had to begin our trip report a little early. (Maybe a lot early...:lookaroun)

The Players

Me ~ Lori (28)
Favorite time to visit WDW: Christmas followed closely by the Flower and Garden Festival
Favorite Resort: Wilderness Lodge
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom (Epcot is a close, close, close second)
Favorite Attraction: Tower of Terror (ride) American Adventure (show)
Favorite Parade: Spectromagic
Favorite Character: Belle @->-
Favorite Fireworks Show: Illuminations
Favorite Restaurant: Artist Point
Favorite Disney Food: Plaza Sundae :slurp:
Brief Bio:
My first trip to Disney World was at 22. I've been hooked since - 9 trips and counting to be exact! I'm one of those people that get all teary-eyed when they see the castle and watch the fireworks. Many people say I'm obsessed. Possibly, but there are worse vices, right? :lol:

DH ~ Aaron (30)
Favorite time to visit WDW: Christmas
Favorite Resort: Wilderness Lodge
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Attraction: Pirates
Favorite Parade: Main Street Electrical Parade
Favorite Character: Goofy
Favorite Fireworks Show: Fantasmic
Favorite Restaurant: Artist Point
Favorite Disney Food: Ice Cream
Brief Bio:
DH has been more times than anyone can count. He is our official theme park commando leader. His touring plans are not for the weak of heart. 20 hours in the Magic Kingdom followed by a 3 hour siesta and 20 more hours in the parks for 7 days straight? Yup, he's done that (and drug me along for the ride).

DS ~ Eli (2)
Favorite time to visit WDW: Anytime!!!
Favorite Resort: Contemporary
Favorite Park: Epcot
Favorite Attraction: Monorail (seriously)
Favorite Parade: not a parade kid
Favorite Character: Donald Duck
Favorite Fireworks Show: Illuminations
Favorite Restaurant: Chef Mickey's
Favorite Disney Food: Calamari from Via Napoli
Brief Bio:
DS...the light of our life, our reason for being, the only person who may love Disney more than either of us. He could say "monorail" before he could say most the Fab 5's names. His claim to fame is four trips (including two stays at the Contemporary) to the most wonderful place on Earth before the age of 2. Most recently, he informed us that Epcot is his happy place. It brings tears to my eyes every time I see how happy our trips to WDW make him. He's reaffirmed to DH and me just how important it is to make family vacations a priority. The time we spend together and the memories we make are worth all of the overtime, saving, and couponing.

Trip Details
We are staying at Pop Century. This is our first stay at Pop and our very first stay at a Value since 2006. Last Christmas, we stayed at POFQ because Pop was full when we booked that trip at the last minute. I'm excited to stay here. It looks nice, and I think DS will enjoy the large icons. DH is excited because staying at a new resort means new pins and magnets.

I just noticed that I titled this a 2012 trip report. I meant 2011. Although we are going in 2012 at Christmas.

switts

never too early for a christmas pre trip report. I am tempting myself to write for when ill be there. 56 days to go :sohappy:

mickeysshoes

We plan on being in the world for Christmas 2012 as well!!! :xmas: :xmas: Not sure yet which resort. It will depend on who comes...but we are looking at AKL or WL!!

wvdisneyfamily

Original Poster
We plan on being in the world for Christmas 2012 as well!!! :xmas: :xmas: Not sure yet which resort. It will depend on who comes...but we are looking at AKL or WL!!

It was supposed to be 2011. LOL! I just fixed it. We are going in 2012 though. Go for the WL. It is AMAZING at Christmas.

Magenta Panther

I'm going in December too (2011)! Really looking forward to the Dreamlights ceremony...man, it gives me chills. So magical, so Disney! Worth the expense easily. It's even worth the crowds! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom