It's the first day of your WDW vacation...

Disvillain63

Original Poster
You've arrived at WDW, checked into your resort, what do you do or where do you go first?

When the kids were little, and not wanting to waste a ticket for a partial day, we'd go and ride the monorails and explore the resorts. Now, we usually head to EPCOT and World Showcase...eat, drink, and be merry!!!!!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I have a ticket for everyday we're there. Plane usually lands between 10-12 we're usually checked in and at the MK looking down main street before 1- 2 o'clock rolls around.
If we staying longer than 7 nights I'd probably chill a little more explore etc...but to me I gotta get into the mix at the parks especially MK the first day ASAP.
I can't wait..that's what I have been dreaming about for 350 some odd days....

SAV

We have been arriving by noon the last couple of trips and we generally try to get our room and then head to a park.

This last trip was to MK to start things off. Nothing is set in stone and really depends on how the rest of the days of the trip shake out. But since we do multiple days at MK and Epcot, it will be one of those 2.

wdwfan4ver

I don't go into the parks on my first day since I usually spend over 10 nights in WDW.
While I check in the resort, there is some stuff I need to be at hotel room for such as receiving packages. The fact is their airplane rules that don't allow certain stuff on the plane including liquid medication.

I go eat first when I leave the hotel, than I would look at the Monorail Hotels. Than see the electrical water pageant, than go back to my hotel by taking a bus. Seeing the electrical water pageant is a tradition of mine.

bmarkelon

We like to settle in and relax on our arrival/travel day. With 3 little ones we don't push our limits to kick off the trip. This one upcoming in August I'm even more excited since we will be checking into BCV for the first time. Pool time all afternoon and dinner that night at Captain's Grille. Early to bed and early to rise for MK the next day.

DaddyDisneyMan

When we arrive this April to Pop we most likely let the kids roam the resort as we are going with others that have not been before. We purposely bought a 6th day on our park hopper passes ( think it was an extra few $$) so we can head over to the MK at night. We will probably arrive at Pop around 5ish so this give us plenty of time to get settled into the resort and make our way over to MK around 7ish. Even a few hours of MK the first night is magical and really starts the vacation off on the right foot.

Unomas

I can't wait to get to MK. I make sure to have early flights so that we usually get to the parks around 1 after some quick lunch at the resort. The cost of adding days to your park hopper ticket is so negligible that even if I only had time to step into the park to peek at the castle, it would be worth it.

Shadowgate

We usually take a flight that gets us in by 10 or 11am and to the hotel by noon, so we usually check in and head for MK. Spend as much time as we can before needing sleep and going back and crashing at the hotel where our bags have been delivered to the room. Our normal trip is 7 or 8 days and we don't want to waste a single day.

DfromATX

Normally we don't go to a park the first day either. We usually will eat lunch, explore the hotel or go to DTD, but this year we're doing 2 days at Universal before Disney. Our plan is to check in at POR as early as we can, then head to HS.

PhilharMagician

If I don't already have our AP's then we head to Guest Relations @ Epcot. Why Epcot, well that is where we always go first day we're at WDW. Even if we did not have AP's I can't see not adding another day to out passes since we are usually at Epcot by 1 - 2 PM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom