It's that time of year again

sneaks3

It's July why would they be putting up Christmas lights....and I would think it would be harder to do while the other construction is going on

jrhwdw

The installation always starts late august / early September... thats only 3-4 weeks away, and with the additional construction in the area, it's complicatings thing.. Meanwhile, the newer forward spires will also be part of the show this year.
Awesome! I was hoping that would happen! They should put strobes on the those as well!

One of these years They should get color changing Castle Dream Lights and permanently install them. They could use them all year and the Finale of Wishes is reason enough!

Last edited:

note2001

Seems early but maybe it is easier to do when the front of the Castle is already walled off. I feel like they just came down--they might as well just leave them up year-round like some of my neighbors!

Not really in response to you, but you made me question why they don't do something to leave them up year round... just thinking out loud:

How is the castle constructed? If it's fiberglass panels, with LED lights (which, when created properly, should take a small forever to burn out as they're not the ones we have on our home trees with their poor wiring) wouldn't it make sense to create panels with the LEDs embedded as a second layer? For painting, the panels could be pulled off the lights, allowed to dry and put back on in sections.
Eventually they'll do something that no longer needs the crane to be out and about for months on end.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Not really in response to you, but you made me question why they don't do something to leave them up year round... just thinking out loud:

How is the castle constructed? If it's fiberglass panels, with LED lights (which, when created properly, should take a small forever to burn out as they're not the ones we have on our home trees with their poor wiring) wouldn't it make sense to create panels with the LEDs embedded as a second layer? For painting, the panels could be pulled off the lights, allowed to dry and put back on in sections.
Eventually they'll do something that no longer needs the crane to be out and about for months on end.
I imagine maintenance would be a nightmare if the lights were left out year-round, though (especially in the summer). With the current set-up, they can get whole new sections of lights as needed in the off season and then put the lights up. I would be having the lights on the castle year-round would have the end results of causing burned out lights to just stay up, burned out...as has occurred with popcorn lights.

mouse_luv

Crane for castle Christmas light installation is now backstage.. Expected on stage soon.
Interesting. People are saying Sept. I was there early Sept 2014 and there was no crane in sight.
Awesome! I was hoping that would happen! They should put strobes on the those as well!

One of these years They should get color changing Castle Dream Lights and permanently install them. They could use them all year and the Finale of Wishes is reason enough!

And no I respectfully disagree. They shouldn't use strobes and give a good amount of light sensitive people seizures, etc.

Disnee4Me

It's July why would they be putting up Christmas lights....and I would think it would be harder to do while the other construction is going on
Didn't you ever hear of Christmas in July?;) The Hallmark Channel has been showing Christmas movies this month!!

Goofyernmost

Have you been there when the lights were on the building? They are great to see at night, but, during the day they ruin the looks of the outside of the building. Implanting them in the structure is colossally expensive and a maintenance nightmare plus there would be no reasonable way to hide them for the 9 months out of the year when they are without a purpose unless you are in favor of changing Cinderella Castle to Frozen Castle. I am not.

I've already expressed this, but, it is worthy of some actual thought... might the crane be there right now in connection with the current Hub/Castle construction project? It's an absolute miracle that no one has broken a leg jumping to the conclusions that they do. Under normal situations the crane is there 3 weeks in the fall and 3 weeks after the new year, sometimes into February due to repairs that have to be made because of the lighting mats rubbing against the building. Touch up is necessary in many places. In today's world of Photoshop taking out the crane in pictures is easier then taking the picture without it. Everyone wants the magic to actually be magic. Sorry, might break a bubble or two here, but, it takes real world things to make the magic. Plan your vacation time differently and you will not see them. Then I can go during that time and enjoy the place even if there the top of a crane visible with no crowds. Can one even imagine placing thousands of lights permanently on the building, wiring etc. Come on... think folks!

Another one the comes to mind is the Dancing Lights in DHS. Hasn't anyone noticed how ugly the buildings are in the daytime with all those lights on them. Terrific at night, but and eyesore during the day.

Last edited:

note2001

Can one even imagine placing thousands of lights permanently on the building, wiring etc. Come on... think folks!

Another one the comes to mind is the Dancing Lights in DHS. Hasn't anyone noticed how ugly the buildings are in the daytime with all those lights on them. Terrific at night, but and eyesore during the day.

It's all in the design and implementation and is not as far fetched or as difficult as you're making it out to be. LEDs are tiny and very bright. One possible design could be to put them in a feed tube that runs under the skin of the castle with a tiny window that is not noticeable from any further away than 10'. They could then be replaced as a chain when one in the line has issues. There are many more possible designs I'm sure.

I was just thinking out loud about future possibilities.

Goofyernmost

It's all in the design and implementation and is not as far fetched or as difficult as you're making it out to be. LEDs are tiny and very bright. One possible design could be to put them in a feed tube that runs under the skin of the castle with a tiny window that is not noticeable from any further away than 10'. They could then be replaced as a chain when one in the line has issues. There are many more possible designs I'm sure.

I was just thinking out loud about future possibilities.
You do make it sound pretty simple, however, there are thousands and thousands of those little LED's all of which would have to be embedded in the plastic structure, wiring fished through, made water proof to stop rain from damaging the interior structure by getting in around the openings established for the lights.

Based on that alone, I think it would be a very, very cold day in Florida in mid summer before it had even half a chance at happening, so we might just as well accept the fact that what they do now is what we are going to see for the foreseeable future. If they were just building the place it might have a chance of consideration, but, as it is now. It is highly unlikely that it would even be a serious consideration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom