Its "official" Were DVC Members

Mainahman

Original Poster
Congratulations! Hope we cross paths at OKW some time. :)
Were stalking availability for few weeks before the end of the year to get a "welcome home" stay. trying to figure out Disney's thoughts on if there will be any form of Christmas party, and if not, if we might also buy a day ticket and get reservation just to see the decorations, or just do a resort stay and do our Christmas shopping at the springs. I hope our paths cross too! Cant wait to be there and experience it all!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Were stalking availability for few weeks before the end of the year to get a "welcome home" stay. trying to figure out Disney's thoughts on if there will be any form of Christmas party, and if not, if we might also buy a day ticket and get reservation just to see the decorations, or just do a resort stay and do our Christmas shopping at the springs. I hope our paths cross too! Cant wait to be there and experience it all!
We've done quite a few resort only stays, and they are quite relaxing. Since we go so often, we don't require going into the parks, as we know we'll be back soon.

Mainahman

Original Poster
We've done quite a few resort only stays, and they are quite relaxing. Since we go so often, we don't require going into the parks, as we know we'll be back soon.
Thats how i feel. If we do our big 6 night trip for the parks, and then do a couple long weekends. depending on the times of year we can sort that out, we can totally go down for 3 days, and hit the springs, for shopping, chill at the resort one day, ride a surrey bike, or just sit by the pool, and then come home. Totally fulfilled. Maybe even time it for a Halloween or Christmas party, to get a small amount of park time.

The covid trip taught me alot. We dont have to run run run... theres always next time.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Yay Congrats, OKW is amazing! We are looking into buying DVC at AKL or BCV.
We almost bought at AKL, but it just didnt do it for my wife. She felt that it still felt too much like a hotel. She likes how OKW feels more like a condo, outside entry etc. I personally am in love with AKL. Maybe when addonitus hits and i want more points, ill grab some at AKL.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
We almost bought at AKL, but it just didnt do it for my wife. She felt that it still felt too much like a hotel. She likes how OKW feels more like a condo, outside entry etc. I personally am in love with AKL. Maybe when addonitus hits and i want more points, ill grab some at AKL.

My husband is a little hesitant as well. We loved the hotel but he feels like it's a bit far away from everything. We are planning on deciding by the end of the week. I'm sure we will have addonitis too, we are already thinking of just buying points for a week at each lol. OKW is gorgeous, I haven't stayed in the rooms but the property is gorgeous and quiet comparative to other resorts. We are really excited to be joining the DVC fam! :)

Mainahman

Original Poster
My husband is a little hesitant as well. We loved the hotel but he feels like it's a bit far away from everything. We are planning on deciding by the end of the week. I'm sure we will have addonitis too, we are already thinking of just buying points for a week at each lol. OKW is gorgeous, I haven't stayed in the rooms but the property is gorgeous and quiet comparative to other resorts. We are really excited to be joining the DVC fam! :)
We are also super excited to be in the DVC family. See for me i love that AKL is away from everything. When i come back from the parks, i want peace and quiet. I get that at AKL. Same from what im seeing at OKW. My wife and I like the quiet, and we drive anyways. We never had more than a 12 minute drive to a gate last month when we were at AKL Kidani.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom