It's Official: Bugs Land closing Sept 4th.

fctiger

Very true, that's why I created the what does the general public think threads. But everything is not all sunshine and rainbows over there. There's people that dislike certain decisions over in that part of the fandom as well.

Everyone has their preferences for sure. There are things I don't like being built either. But no offense if you hate EVERYTHING that is coming then its probably time to look for a new hobby, right? I'm always amazed at people who seem to hate everything Disney is doing for years now and yet they are still talking online about it every single day. Maybe its time to admit you either outgrown the parks or look at it as an oppurtunity try something else for awhile.

I mean we have Disney projects announced for literally the next five years worldwide. They just opened a new theme park two years ago. You basically see the direction they are going in. They may end up building a new ride you like somewhere but the main direction isn't going to change, everyone knows this. Especially when it all seems to be a big positive with the mainstream public.

Curious Constance

It could be the most amazing, cutting edge, knock your socks off Marvel Land and I still won't care. It'll still be Marvel, and that's where my interest stops. I have no interest to visit a superhero land. None. I have no love for Bugs Land either. No interest in visiting Star Wars land. No excitement for the two new rides that they appear to actually be spending money on. It's disappointing.

fctiger

It could be the most amazing, cutting edge, knock your socks off Marvel Land and I still won't care. It'll still be Marvel, and that's where my interest stops. I have no interest to visit a superhero land. None. I have no love for Bugs Land either. No interest in visiting Star Wars land. No excitement for the two new rides that they appear to actually be spending money on. It's disappointing.

Have you thought about visiting another theme park then? This is a real question. If you hate what's coming to DL, fine, but its a big world out there. Have you ever been to any other parks? If no, maybe this is the time.

BrianLo

Who stole your account? I thought you and Thor were excited to get hot dogs and visit Thor together?

I don't believe this new Goth Constance.

Californian Elitist

I am with you on Star Wars! I hate having Star Wars everywhere I go! It bothers me so much!

Facts.

At least the Star Wars nerds are hyped and people at WDW in the east cost.

So?

Sounds like its going to be a hard few years for you then. I rode Incredicoaster first time two weeks ago. I have to say I really like it although I agree with others they certainly cut corners on some of it, but its a really fun ride!

These next few years are actually not going to be hard for me. If all goes to plan, I will be traveling more and working on a second master’s degree.

If not nostalgia, then a comfort with the known and a distaste of the unknown. Not to say Bugsland is the absolute worst, but whenever something is going the focus is only on its few redeeming aspects and when something is coming the worst assumptions are immediately drawn.

At least let them show us the concept before we make a snap judgement.

No, thanks. Disney has shown again and again over these past few years that they don’t care about their product. The fact that a Marvel-themed land is going into DCA at all is a big no-no and the first clue of BS. They’ve already struck out.

Curious Constance

Have you thought about visiting another theme park then? This is a real question. If you hate what's coming to DL, fine, but its a big world out there. Have you ever been to any other parks? If no, maybe this is the time.

I've been to many theme parks. Most of them are garbage. I'm not interested in spinning till I puke or riding a death machine. Disney was, and still is, miles above anything else in its league. Now, they are destroying everything they are one makeover at a time. I've already stopped going to the parks as much as I used to, but that doesn't mean I still don't enjoy what is still remaining and should stop going altogether, and I shouldn't have to remain silent when they make another boneheaded decision. Each new bad decisions will elicit louder complaints from me.

brb1006

I've been to many theme parks. Most of them are garbage. I'm not interested in spinning till I puke or riding a death machine. Disney was, and still is, miles above anything else in its league. Now, they are destroying everything they are one makeover at a time. I've already stopped going to the parks as much as I used to, but that doesn't mean I still don't enjoy what is still remaining and should stop going altogether, and I shouldn't have to remain silent when they make another boneheaded decision. Each new bad decisions will elicit louder complaints from me.
There are good theme parks around the globe. Especially ones in Europe.

fctiger

Well I was talking about other Disney parks. Have you been to any others. Look I'm not trying to tell people what they should do in their spare time. But if you are THIS unhappy about a theme park and seem to hate everything that is coming, I'm only trying to make other suggestions for people. I'm not saying stop going to Disney, just try a different Disney park, one you never been to before. They aren't all clones, some are actually better than DLR. And MAYBE it will help others to remember why they come here every day in the first place? My guess is you don't do it just to complain and feel bitter about it.

Now if you still enjoy the stuff you do like, fine, but listening to some people you would think the entire resort is completely meaningless to them these days when my GUESS is you still love it more than you hate. If that's not true, then its kind of sad.

fctiger

These next few years are actually not going to be hard for me. If all goes to plan, I will be traveling more and working on a second master’s degree.

I didn't mean your life in general obviously, just your feelings towards DL. No one's life should revolve around Disney alone. That would be sad. But thats great you are working on your second Masters!

Curious Constance

Well I was talking about other Disney parks. Have you been to any others. Look I'm not trying to tell people what they should do in their spare time. But if you are THIS unhappy about a theme park and seem to hate everything that is coming, I'm only trying to make other suggestions for people. I'm not saying stop going to Disney, just try a different Disney park, one you never been to before. They aren't all clones, some are actually better than DLR. And MAYBE it will help others to remember why they come here every day in the first place? My guess is you don't do it just to complain and feel bitter about it.

Now if you still enjoy the stuff you do like, fine, but listening to some people you would think the entire resort is completely meaningless to them these days when my GUESS is you still love it more than you hate. If that's not true, then its kind of sad.
Not sure how else to say this. I do love the Disney theme parks. It's because I enjoy them so much that I'm so annoyed with the moronic, mind numbingly dull and predictable direction they are taking the parks in. If I didn't care and hated them, there would be no reason to care one way or the other what happened to the parks.

TwilightZone

Not sure how else to say this. I do love the Disney theme parks. It's because I enjoy them so much that I'm so annoyed with the moronic, mind numbingly dull and predictable direction they are taking the parks in. If I didn't care and hated them, there would be no reason to care one way or the other what happened to the parks.
This. As much as I don't care too much about marvel land, star wars land, and the epcot revival, I would be lying if I said I don't care for all decisions disney has made. I have a strong dislike for the kiddie lands for example. If we didn't care, the second coming of disney (removal of all of eisner's bad decisions) would have never happened. Though I would also be lying if I said I didn't know why disney are making these decisions. I know that they're doing it because a lot of the stuff being replaced were disliked or the crowds no longer came to them. But for some areas, it was because of money, and that's the stuff people really don't like (mission breakout and pixar pier).

fctiger

OK fine, but the problem is that although you and others may not personally like the direction they are going in, that doesn't make it a fact. This is the problem with the internet, it becomes either a bubble or an echo chamber to the point everyone has now convinced themselves Disney is 'wrong' and they are right.

The problem is that in reality its the complete opposite! Perfect example, everyone complained and had a stroke when Disney announced Avatar was going to be in DAK. It was treated like blasphemy, a non-Disney property based on a movie no one even cares about anymore that takes place on another planet. Someone should be fired. People even suggested the project would just get cancelled due to the 'outrage' on the internet.

It finally opened and guess what happened, DAK attendance shot up by 15%! That's huge. And that park finally has something people are storming the gates to see. Same thing for GOTG: MB. We all heard the worst predictions ever, a cheap layover that destroyed a classic, people will stomp and rave in protest. I have been on that ride only five times since it opened. But every single time I been on it all I hear is complete excitement from everyone around me, how fun it and that they want to go back on it.

The fact is Disney knows what its audience wants, certainly more people than here. And its not an insult, but it is a fact. The stuff people think is moronic and dull is the stuff that excites most people. Yes I would too like more original rides but I completely get why they are going this direction. It simply works. Now if people don't like that direction, understandable, but its not changing. Certainly not anytime soon nor should it if the general public responds and judging by the attendance these days, they are responding.

Californian Elitist

Like it’s really not hard to understand, I feel. Some of us don’t enjoy any and everything Disney presents.

fctiger

Like it’s really not hard to understand, I feel. Some of us don’t enjoy any and everything Disney presents.

That's not hard to understand at all. The issue is when you have deemed literally every project as a non-starter. I'm not saying you do that but yes MANY people have to the point you wonder why are they still bothering? Look, I get it, we all like sounding off online and of course we all love these parks so I understand its not easy to just shut it off. But you obviously are smart enough and been around long enough to know Disney doesn't care about people complaining online. Hence why they make the decisions they do. No company does until it hurts their bottom line and that's clearly not an issue. That doesn't mean no one shouldn't complain of course. I do it all the time too, everyone's human.

But after complaining literally years about hating literally everything, where has it gotten these people? This is a real question. And we all know the answer to that. Sometimes I think people forget this is suppose to be a hobby, NOT a cause.

Last edited:

mickEblu

From what I heard, by 2020 they'll have a Spiderman C Ticket spinner inside the old Bugs Life theater.... and not much else.

C ticket spinner?! How many spinners does DCA need? Are you sure that’s not where the Spider-Man pendulum ride is going? They re going to open Marvel land with the ITTBAB theatre still intact hosting ANOTHER SPINNER? Yawn. Flicks fun fair will become a meet n greet, store, quick service restaurant and voila! Marvel Land Phase One.

Bugs Land > Marvel Land Phase One

Going on record to say this will be another Pixar Pier level disappointment... at least phase one.

Californian Elitist

That's not hard to understand at all. The issue is when you have deemed literally every project as a non-starter. I'm not saying you do that but yes MANY people have to the point you wonder why are they still bothering? Look, I get it, we all like sounding off online and of course we all love these parks so I understand its not easy to just shut it off. But you obviously are smart enough and been around long enough to know Disney doesn't care about people complaining online. Hence why they make the decisions they do. No company does until it hurts their bottom line and that's clearly not an issue. That doesn't mean no one shouldn't complain of course. I do it all the time too, everyone's human.

But after complaining literally years about hating literally everything, where has it gotten these people? This is a real question. And we all know the answer to that. Sometimes I think people forget this is suppose to be a hobby, NOT a cause.

My opinion is not an issue. I don’t care if Disney doesn’t care. Disney doesn’t care about folks like you either. So why are you here?

Can’t we complain in peace without folks seemingly trying to get us to stop voicing our opinions? Yes, it’s a hobby. If you’re aware this is a hobby, what is the point of your response?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom