It's Official: Bugs Land closing Sept 4th.

Californian Elitist

I think even if the theming of super hero land is lame it will be 100% better than bug's land. I'm pretty sure they are going to go all out with this new land. Not only that but marvel land will for sure have better rides than bug's land. Any and every ride is better than chew chew train.

If the most recent projects are any indication of what’s to come, Disney will most definitely not be going all out and will cheapen out, just as they’ve been doing.

I actually like Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train and would rather ride that before Mission: Buffoonery, Incredicoaster, and any other re-hash of a ride Disney has.

TwilightZone

If the most recent projects are any indication of what’s to come, Disney will most definitely not be going all out and will cheapen out, just as they’ve been doing.

I actually like Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train and would rather ride that before Mission: Buffoonery, Incredicoaster, and any other re-hash of a ride Disney has.
You never heard of the dhs redo, star wars land, and pandora then.

fctiger

I think the better comparison is a toy story mania rebuild. I can't see the ant man ride having any physical sets at all.

True! I only used Buzz since that is literally the ride that's being turned into Ant-Man in Hong Kong. But yes if you look at the concept art it is more like TSM. But it looks like there might be some physical props in the ride so it could be a mixture of both which would set itself apart from both Buzz and TSM.

Funny, I was looking up more info on the Ant-Man ride and I came across this article. The rumor seems to be Ant-Man could be the first ride coming:

Both Hill and Tom Bricker, another insider known for his accurate information and his professional grade park photography, have stated that the Ant-Man attraction slated for Hong Kong will also likely be headed to California. Similar to Hong Kong, the Ant-Man attraction in California is believed to be using the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin ride track system.

I won't go into everything they said but point out the main one which is the construction timeline. We know DL is usually s-l-o-w when building something from scratch, especially a new ride. Thats why announcing this Marvel land so suddenly but opening it in less than two years is strange to a lot of us because usually it takes that long just to break ground on some of these projects. So the only guess is they are either A. Building a pretty cheap ride like a small coaster or a spinner or B. Something that is cloned from somewhere else. Since HKDL is literally the only other place that has Marvel rides in it (for now) then they probably decided to do that if they want something in so soon. And then have the bigger ride later on. Again just a guess but it wouldn't surprise me if Ant-Man makes the cut. Going to be interesting to see what gets announced.

You can read the full article here:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...up-the-focus-at-disney-is-now-fully-on-marvel

The article also says Iron Man can be making its way as well which is possible but its no way its the same film for anyone who has rode it or watched it on Youtube. So I seriously doubt that one for now.

fctiger

Sounds like its going to be a hard few years for you then. I rode Incredicoaster first time two weeks ago. I have to say I really like it although I agree with others they certainly cut corners on some of it, but its a really fun ride!

brb1006

The only Disney Theme Park that actually avoids being cheap is Tokyo which is owned by OLC.

fctiger

I am with you on Star Wars! I hate having Star Wars everywhere I go! It bothers me so much!

And people like me are the complete opposite. I have not been so excited for something to open since TDS! And no, that's not hyperbole. Since the day it was announced I have thought about nothing else in terms of future theme park stuff. All the stuff that's been opened since, including Pandora has been just filler to me (but I haven't seen it either). GE is the theme park opening someone like me has been waiting all their entire life for. I honestly can''t tell you what they could build that could get me more excited? And they are building some crazy stuff worldwide for the next few years.

I say this all the time, if people feel so bitter about these things, either A. try another park in a different country, especially Tokyo. Going there isn't anymore expensive than a week at WDW. Maybe it will make you excited for the Disney magic again Or B. Try something else, period for awhile and come back to Disney later. I'm not trying to be snarky about it, just honest. Its not going to get any better than this.

TP2000

Wow, a Buzz Lightyear rebuild? I'm glad to see Disney is trying to climb back on top in terms of cutting edge, innovative attractions that tell a great story.

From what I heard, by 2020 they'll have a Spiderman C Ticket spinner inside the old Bugs Life theater.... and not much else.

brb1006

And people like me are the complete opposite. I have not been so excited for something to open since TDS! And no, that's not hyperbole. Since the day it was announced I have thought about nothing else in terms of future theme park stuff. All the stuff that's been opened since, including Pandora has been filler. GE is the theme park opening someone like me has been waiting all their life for. I honestly can''t tell you what they could build that could bet me more excited and they are building some crazy stuff worldwide for the next few years.

I say this all the time, if people feel so bitter about these things, either A. try another park in a different country. Maybe it will make you excited for the Disney magic again Or B. Try something else, period. I'm not trying to be snarky about it, just honest. Its not going to get any better than this.
Mt favorite non Disney Theme Park outside of the US is Efteling in The Netherlands. I love their seasonal events such as Negan Pleinen and Winter Efteing where guests are able to visit the park in the snow with some attractions closed.

fctiger

At least the Star Wars nerds are hyped and people at WDW in the east cost.

Trust me they are hyped here too lol. The internet only represents a very tiny vocal audience. Of course we all know this. Every one of my Disney friends is super excited for SW land including my 70 year old mother.

TwilightZone

Trust me they are hyped here too lol. The internet only represents a very tiny vocal audience. Of course we all know this. Every one of my Disney friends is super excited for SW land including my 70 year old mother.
Very true, that's why I created the what does the general public think threads. But everything is not all sunshine and rainbows over there. There's people that dislike certain decisions over in that part of the fandom as well.

fctiger

Mt favorite non Disney Theme Park outside of the US is Efteling in The Netherlands. I love their seasonal events such as Negan Pleinen and Winter Efteing where guests are able to visit the park in the snow with some attractions closed.

Only been to Netherlands once so never had a chance to do this one but yes I know about it. It looks really really cool though! If you go, how many days would you suggest?

BrianLo

Nostalgia has nothing to do with my opinion of bug’s land. As a child, I rarely stepped foot there and didn’t care.

I’ve already explained why I like it. A land themed to superheroes in DCA is somehow thematically better? If the land should be replaced, let it make sense. I have no doubt this superhero land will be Iger garbage, just like the most recent projects and the upcoming ones.

If not nostalgia, then a comfort with the known and a distaste of the unknown. Not to say Bugsland is the absolute worst, but whenever something is going the focus is only on its few redeeming aspects and when something is coming the worst assumptions are immediately drawn.

At least let them show us the concept before we make a snap judgement.

TwilightZone

If not nostalgia, then a comfort with the known and a distaste of the unknown. Not to say Bugsland is the absolute worst, but whenever something is going the focus is only on its few redeeming aspects and when something is coming the worst assumptions are immediately drawn.

Even with concepts people are angry. I'm a wait until ride opens type. Some rides should be ridden to be judged, others don't. It all depends on the ride.

brb1006

Plus it could be worse cough *Chester and Hesters* *cough*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom