It's in! 2004 Official Album Track List - - And More!!

General Grizz

Original Poster
From Randy Thornton:

Below you will find the playlist for the 2004 edition of the WDW Official Album.

Though I had planned to include even more material (like the current EPCOT Entrance Medley, One Little Spark, The Wonders of China, and so many more) but I ran out of disc space. You may even notice one of the classics is missing – It’s a Small World. Seeing that the attraction will not be back in operation until I have the next version of the Official Album done, I decided to use that time for something new. You will also note, that everyone’s favorite sing-along track is also absent – Test Track.

Now that I will have 2 whole discs to fill up next year, I’ll try to get the titles you’ve been requesting for some time – as I still read all your posts and have kept up with what you want.

The album should be in the stores in a couple of weeks. I’d tell you the exact date, but these park albums do not run on the same schedule as our other releases. But I have included the product number if that could be of any help.

Walt Disney World Official Album for 2004 (61158)

1. All Aboard :)28) – Main Street Station
2. Welcome Medley (3:34) – Main Street
3. Friend Like Me (2:42) – The Tiki Room – Under New Management
4. Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life For Me) (4:45) – Pirates of the Caribbean
5. Bear Band Serenade (1:46) – Country Bear Jamboree
6. Splash Mountain Medley (7:57) – Splash Mountain
7. Grim Grinning Ghosts (5:38) – The Haunted Mansion
8. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (4:14) – The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
9. Destiny (3:43) – Mission Space
10. Impressions de France (9;53) – Impressions de France
11. Golden Dream (3:50) – The American Adventure
12. Star Tours (4:07) – Star Tours
13. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (1:43) – Tower of Terror
14. Playhouse Disney Theme :)41) – Playhouse Disney Live On Stage
15. Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (8:50) – Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
16. Beauty and the Bees (Beauty and the Beast) (2:19) – It’s Tough to Be a bug
17. It’s Tough to Be a Bug :)48) – It’s Tough to Be a Bug
18. Cinderella’s Surprise Celebration (9:08) – Cinderella’s Castle

TOTAL PLAYING TIME 1:17:21

Just is case you may be wondering, it is true that I am creating a 6 Disc Boxed set for Disneyland’s 50th (Don’t even think of asking me for the playlist, ‘cause I ain’t tellin’), and a 40th Anniversary Special Edition Soundtrack for Walt’s Masterpiece “Mary Poppins”. All I’ll say is that the soundtrack is disc one and runs 79:48, and the second disc (also running 79:21) is full of incredible stuff. Richard Sherman came by the office and we sat and listened to the entire soundtrack. Though we’ve been friends for years now, it’s still a thrill to do something so special for he and his brother. Even more thrilling is actually blowing them away with what I’ve put together. Richard was so happy with the soundtrack that I found myself walking around the office with a huge smile on my face – a rarity, believe me!

There is also the matter of Walt Disney Records’ 50th Anniversary Exhibit at the EMP Museum in Seattle coming in 2005. But that’s for another post.

In all, good things ahead! In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the new WDW Album!

Randy Thornton

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

People like Mr. Thornton show me that Disney magic is still in a few good hands. :)

StevenT

Argh, all I saw on the main page what "It's in! 2004 Official Album"
My hopes were up that I could order it right now :(

Oh well, thanks for posting the track list, it looks good!

xfkirsten

Hooray! I shall have to scoot over to Magical Music of the Mouse and start with the questions! :D I'm really curious as to exactly what the Indy track is - it's far too short to be the show itself... area music? Ditto for CSC, as the show is nearly twice that length.

And the EMP thing sounds AWESOME! I will defiinitely have to head home next year to see it, even if it means having to visit the ugliest building on the face of the planet. :p

-Kirsten

SirNim

ROFL! This guy's a comedian!

Originally written by Randy Thornton
You will also note, that everyone’s favorite sing-along track is also absent – Test Track.
:lol:

I must say though that I expected a more drastic change in terms of material.... many of the tracks here are repeats from previous years... as always...

This album would have been much better had the current Epcot® Main Entrance Medley made it into the track listing...

But, at least Mr. Thornton was trying... a valiant effort, I give him... And I look forward to future WDW Official Albums and especially the Mary Poppins and Disneyland 50th Anniversary soundtrack retrospects! :)

General Grizz

Original Poster
I agree with your suggestion about Epcot's Entrance, Nim - Randy wanted it on there, too!

I believe it's safe to say that track - and others - will make it to next year's (2-disc!) Official Album! :)

Chape19714

I too, am going to miss that Test Track Song. :lol: o well, fantasy in the sky is now offically gone and has been on the CD for a while now, but it's gone. I WANT DESTINY FROM MISSION SPACE!!!!! anywho, sounds like another great soundtrack.

AndyP

I was hoping for Fantasmic to be on it too, I sure hope they get it out in the stores in time for the end of my visit too!

xfkirsten

AndyP said:
I was hoping for Fantasmic to be on it too, I sure hope they get it out in the stores in time for the end of my visit too!

They hve no reason to put Fantasmic on there, as it already has its own full CD.

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom