• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

It's great to be on vacation but what is it about WDW that gives you the most joy?

Mr_Bernard

"Um, Miss Bianca?"
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is it the purple wall? Dole Whips? Journey into Imagination? The Hall of Presidents? The Caribbean Beach Resort?

Or is it an experience? Cast members, considerate guests, magical express-ion?

belledream

Advertisement
Yup, not just things, but the intangibles. Happy CMs and children, music filling my ears (and heart), twinkling lights, those scattered/wispy FL cloud trails in the morning...just being at a place where I feel safe, happy, comfortable, and everything I need or want is right within my reach.

Mr_Bernard

"Um, Miss Bianca?"
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yup, not just things, but the intangibles. Happy CMs and children, music filling my ears (and heart), twinkling lights, those scattered/wispy FL cloud trails in the morning...just being at a place where I feel safe, happy, comfortable, and everything I need or want is right within my reach.
<3

Also, I edited the thread title to be a little more ambiguous.

Sneezy62

Cast members! Citizens of Main Steet talking to our kids. Marvellous of Harambe showing my elephant infatuated 5 year old a hunk of elephant poop and having a long conversation with her about elephants. Grounds keepers in Epcot rescueing a glow in the dark Tinkerbell who had flown across the fence into the shrubbery near the lagoon... despite my protestations that it wasn’t worth all the fuss and bother... we would just get another specialty drink somewhere anyway. Denis the carver in Harambe showing my son his tools. The young lady at the ticket booth who encouraged us to take pictures of the backs of our tickets in case we lost them... which yours truly managed to do. And the young lady at customer service who helped me fill out cast member appreciation forms for the others. JMHO, but we found the cast members on this trip to be the more helpful and happy than they were 9 years ago when we last visited.

When it "snows" during the holidays. When I see the Castle for the first time that trip. Carefully planning a Disneybound and then meeting that character. That popcorn smell. My first taste of a Dole Whip. "Sivako!" Riding any new ride for the first time.

eliza61nyc

The bubble. Switching off my brain for a week and not thinking about work, politics, sports, kids' school, bills, or anything other than my family.

Absolutely!! going to second this.

I mean I can literally feel the difference in my body when I cross underneath the big sign for Disney. Every thing decompresses me. the music, the sounds, the colors.

It is truly my happy place, yep I've drunk the koolaide as folks are fond of saying. it will take a lot for me to give up that feeling.

CaptainAmerica

Absolutely!! going to second this.

I mean I can literally feel the difference in my body when I cross underneath the big sign for Disney. Every thing decompresses me. the music, the sounds, the colors.

It is truly my happy place, yep I've drunk the koolaide as folks are fond of saying. it will take a lot for me to give up that feeling.
Yep, and it's the reason I feel so strongly that everyone should stay on property if they can afford it, even if it means "downgrading" to a value resort or shortening the trip. The feeling is so much stronger when you're not driving past Golden Corrals and wizard gift shops and pastel-colored apartment buildings every morning on your way to the parks.

NickMaio

My family started going when I was three years old - - WDW is something that I grew up with - - - it was the proverbial home away from home.
The smells <Ride track grease>- the sights < tomorrowland at night>- sounds <everywhere>- crowds :) - - - - - So much.
I give WDW credit for inspiring my creativity and imagination. It was and is a place like no other.

Top Bottom