It's Finally Here!!!

LoriSue

Original Poster
So, here I am... about 7 hours away from our flight to the World. I'm all packed, the dogs are at the kennel, I have my mani/pedi (complete with Mickey Heads, mind you). We have 10 full days as well as a few hours the last day and are staying at WL for most of the trip, finishing at Bay Lake Tower. I'm super excited but every time I think about how we'll be there tomorrow, I think that in 12 days, we'll be leaving. I don't mean to sound ungrateful because I'm not... I realize that this isn't something everyone gets to do and I don't take that lightly, but, at least until we get there and time all but stops, I can't help thinking that the sooner we get there, the sooner we leave. Anyone else have this happen?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
So, here I am... about 7 hours away from our flight to the World. I'm all packed, the dogs are at the kennel, I have my mani/pedi (complete with Mickey Heads, mind you). We have 10 full days as well as a few hours the last day and are staying at WL for most of the trip, finishing at Bay Lake Tower. I'm super excited but every time I think about how we'll be there tomorrow, I think that in 12 days, we'll be leaving. I don't mean to sound ungrateful because I'm not... I realize that this isn't something everyone gets to do and I don't take that lightly, but, at least until we get there and time all but stops, I can't help thinking that the sooner we get there, the sooner we leave. Anyone else have this happen?

Just put those thoughts aside and have a good time.....:wave: :)

mickeysshoes

Yes i hear you!!! i always go a round with that thinking...but i put it out of head as quick as it came in and enjoyed the trip!!! have a great vacation!!!

JillC LI

What a fabulous idea on the mani/pedi - why didn't I ever think of that?! Next trip I'm definitely doing that.

And yes, I know how you feel about not wanting the trip start because you don't want it to end. We were able to make a 3 day trip to Disney last week on the way to a family gathering in Miami, and we looked forward to it with such anticipation for so long, and then suddenly it was over. I'm in total Disney withdrawal right now. But it was so amazing when we were there and we packed tons of activities into our limited time there. I envy the place you are in right now. Don't think about the end - think about the beginning and middle! Have a great time! :wave:

MickeyMind

I used to live in jersey and we would come for atleast a week so I know exactly what you mean, it never feels like enough. Thankfully I live in south fl now and have become a seasonal passholder,and a trip to the world is a 2.5 hour drive away. We usually just go for weekend trips every month or so and while that is enough to get our disney fix every now and then, I would gladly go every other week. It is nice though to never really have that feeling of it "ending" because I know we will be back soon. The only time that it sucks is during the summer when we have like 2-3 months of blackout dates, but no biggie, wouldnt want to deal with the summer crowds anyway.

10Magic

You've got to enjoy the moment! Just think about how, 12 days from now, you would KILL to be back at this moment!

Mukta

I know exactly what you mean. During the last few days of a trip, the departure is always in the back of my mind.

I always do a Mickey design on my toes too! I am thinking of doing something different this year do. Haven't decided on my Disney design yet.

disneygirl1

Totally understand where you are coming from... All you want is for the day to get here and then once it arrives you start think that t will be over before you know! Happens to me all the time! None the less have a Magical trip! :wave:

me_stitch

Premium Member
I know what you mean, I want my trip to be next week instead of 7 months from now but at the same time what will I have to look forward to when it's over??? the only thing that helps me towards the end of a trip is knowing that I can start planning the next one when I get home. still though, leaving a park and knowing you wont be back for a couple years probably is the worst feeling ever. Last time I left Disneyland I stood at the tunnel and stared back for a good minute, and I always wave goodbye to the firestation, Walt's still in there watching over his park. ;)

todpatcam

We're the same; we plan early and then wait and wait until the time gets close enough to really get excited about our trip but its goes sooooo fast. When we get there, we think okay, 9 days, this is going to be plenty of time. Once day 4-5 comes around we start thinking that its half over and when it gets down to the last few days its very very sad :cry:

Mukta

Last time I left Disneyland I stood at the tunnel and stared back for a good minute, and I always wave goodbye to the firestation, Walt's still in there watching over his park. ;)

I blow a kiss at the Firestation whenever I leave DL. I like to think he is up there and that is my way of thanking him.

WDW2010

Not crazy at all. It's the sense of impending doom. We just sat on Main Street with our Dole Whips that last hour... tears streaming down my cheeks.

I HATE leaving WDW, my last trip especially for some reason. My girlfriend and I were in a rush to leave because the bus from the resort was picking us up at the TTC. Well, we were running and I could not stop looking back at the castle thinking to myself "Why does it have to be time to go" I really hated that night I did not want to leave knowing it was my last night in WDW. :(

alawrence

I always try and keep the positive attitude between my wife and I. This October will be her 21st trip from Texas, and she is 26 years old. I would say that she has had it better than a lot of us.

Every trip I have been with her though, half way through starts the countdown. Every trip she has cried on the Magical Express to the airport.

I have always told her though, every time... "We have to leave to be able to come back." I know that sounds corny, but it is true. :wave:

jmenjes

The worst is our last day in the parks...we almost can't enjoy it as crazy as that sounds!

I'm the same way. I start off somewhat fine in the morning, but towards the end of my last day I'm just an emotional wreck, knowing I have to return to reality the next day.

Susan Savia

After 10 days of fun and our last full day is always at our very favorite park Epcot, it's always hard leaving. But we know we'll be back. The next trip has already been verbally planned and once we return home we begin actual planning...dates, etc.

Although its a long time out (February 2012), I don't mind the countdown to the trip either...The planning and all that goes into a trip is half the fun!!!

danpam1024

After 10 days of fun and our last full day is always at our very favorite park Epcot, it's always hard leaving. But we know we'll be back. The next trip has already been verbally planned and once we return home we begin actual planning...dates, etc.

Although its a long time out (February 2012), I don't mind the countdown to the trip either...The planning and all that goes into a trip is half the fun!!!

Sounds like us! I am grateful to be able to say"next time. . .":wave: have a great trip!

LoriSue

Original Poster
I always try and keep the positive attitude between my wife and I. This October will be her 21st trip from Texas, and she is 26 years old. I would say that she has had it better than a lot of us.

Every trip I have been with her though, half way through starts the countdown. Every trip she has cried on the Magical Express to the airport.

I have always told her though, every time... "We have to leave to be able to come back." I know that sounds corny, but it is true. :wave:
That makes sense... Whenever we're counting down and hear about someone going before us I say "The sooner we get there, the sooner we leave, they're going to be back and we'll be getting ready to go" so that makes sense. Thanks for the reminder!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom