Trip Report It's a trap! (LIVE-ish) ***COMPLETED***

I wish I had seen this sooner

Part 1: In-laws are better than outlaws, right?
  • 3 Nights at Cabana Bay
  • 2 full park days at Universal and maybe partials on the either end.
  • The Cast:
    • MIL
    • SIL
    • and I (BES)
Part 2: Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
  • 1 night at AKL in a 1 bedroom villa.
  • 6 nights at POP in 2 rooms.
  • 7 days of park hopping
  • The Cast:
    • my parents
    • my younger brother
    • my nephew (who will be 8)
    • and myself

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am enjoying your report, both the Uni and Disney parts! Congrats on surviving TWO *ahem* challenging families!

Thanks. Glad you’re enjoying it. Challenging is an excellent way to phrase it.

Somebody's gotta 🐝 the 🐝!

I usually go the ‘speak softly and carry a big stick’ approach in life. That day I felt like I got to the level of waving my stick around a lot.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Part Two Day 8 afternoon/ evening:

Our bus driver back to MCO, Eli, was great. Super charming and funny.

Airport and flights were ok. It was really apparent that everyone was tired and snappy and we still had many many more hours to go.

Our layover in ATL was about 2 hours. We had a chance to eat dinner and for me to show nephew my favorite part of ATL:

Nephew requested that he sit between bro and myself and both flights. I reluctantly took the aisle seat.

Nephew watched cartoons and played games on the tablet in the headrest. Bro watched Logan. I watched Aquaman. (My unsolicited review- if you gave me a lot of gin and I did a drunk history- style telling of what I know about Aquaman it probably would be similar.)

Eventually our second flight was done and we gathered our luggage and drove to my parent’s house. Then I drove to my house.

DH was asleep. Doggo got up to give me a very sleepy greeting.

It was good to be home.

Final day Wrap Up:

Hamburgers
: 0
Drinks: 0
Steps: 15,284

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Isn’t it great that we can always count on the furry family members to acknowledge we’ve come home? 😀
Dogs are the best!

At first I was a little sad that she wasn’t more excited since I was gone for so long. Then I realized I should be glad that she is equally thrilled to see me regardless of how long it’s been. 😍

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
General Final Thoughts:

Thank you all so much for reading along. It was great to be able to share/vent. I really did appreciate you all being along for this crazy ride. 🥰

Although it was tense at times overall the trip was good.

I’m very glad I had my solo trip in February. It was nice to have recently done only what I wanted so that in this trip I could focus on what everyone else wanted.

I was a little saddened by how my family’s trip style has changed over the years. Compared to past trips we hardly rode any rides. We spent very little time in MK.

I was also saddened to see my dad kind of realizing that he is being priced out of Disney and that Disney doesn’t really care about our individual family. He has this almost innocent trust of the company but I could see some of that wearing away.

For me the live secret TR was hard to do in a group. (Bro figured out what I was doing part way through. I had to 🤫him and said I would explain later but he never asked again.)

I just always felt behind and then it was hard to remember my thoughts/observations.

Both MIL/SIL and my family put out the feelers for future trips together. (So apparently my version of being a 🐝is still pleasant to travel with.) Luckily with my work schedule I can be evasive about making any future plans.

On the subject of future plans...

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
DH and I have our annual Up North extravaganza week next month. And we tentatively are planning a short trip to Canada in the late summer or fall.

I have one more medical thing soon and so long as that goes well the possibility of a short term sushi/booze break may be on the horizon. 😏

I figured at the end of this I would be pretty burned out on Disney but... then I started reading about all of the DL SW:GE stuff.

I would really like to get in another short trip before my AP expires at the beginning of February.

DH keeps waffling about his job situation for the fall. As it stands now he wouldn’t be able to go with me. 😞

So I’m at the point now of trying to pin down dates. Sometime between October and February 4th. Suggestions welcome.

Of course I’ll keep you all updated on the details of that future trip and just who might be joining me on it.

Thanks again for reading,

BES

NessNewt

I enjoyed your trip report! Thank you for sharing the fun, the aggravating and the funny.

Wishing the best for a suishi/booze break! ;) And looking forward to a last hurrah for your annual pass (I'm assuming there will be a trip report whenever you decide).

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
I’m glad your traveling partners better than you expected and that you managed to still have some fun. Thanks for bringing us along 😀

Thanks for reading! I’m also glad it didn’t turn out to be the worst case scenario.

I wish we had collided. I think we were so close! It would have been nice to see a (secret) friendly face.
Good luck with everything and keep us posted!!!

I know! I really wish we could have had a meet up. Do you have anything planned for a visit oct-feb?

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
I enjoyed your trip report! Thank you for sharing the fun, the aggravating and the funny.

Wishing the best for a suishi/booze break! ;) And looking forward to a last hurrah for your annual pass (I'm assuming there will be a trip report whenever you decide).
Definitely an entertaining trip report! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you can squeeze in a Star Wars Solo before your AP expires !

Thanks for reading and for the well wishes on the last hurrah trip. I am looking forward reading about your August trips as well.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
As of now I have Aug and Sept. My AP expires on Christmas so I would love something in November or December (or both!!)

Hmmm. Does your rain bringing turn into snow bringing in the winter months? 🤔

Thank you for sharing your trip's family adventures with us! I'm glad it turned out to be much better than expected and that you had a good time.

Keep us posted on your plans, hopefully we'll read about them soon ;)

So glad you enjoyed it. If I book something. Heck. It’s a when I book something you guys will hear about it.

Got behind but just caught up, cant wait to hear about the next trip!

Thanks! I’ve really enjoyed the TR writing more than I thought I would.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom