It's A Small Xmas After All..

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Merry Christmas Everyone...Sorry..I know it's kinda early,but a neighbour of mine was putting her Xmas decorations up last night..Tree and all...:eek:...But it got me thinking...I've posted a photo ( not taken by myself ) of " It's a small world " with a Christmas snowman..Is there other rides/attractions in the parks that do similar stuff.?..I'll never get to see WDW at Christmas but if any of you lucky folk who have been during the festive season have pics of rides or attractions with a Christmas theme,I would love to see them..Here's my photo..
image.jpg

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
MK still gets a fair number of decorations even if they don't do a lot of holiday overlays. Osbourne festival of lights almost qualifies as one of the wonders of the world, but I guess in the future it will be retired or moved? I haven't followed the news closely. DAK has really nice, understated Christmas decorations that compliment the park and I like what they do to the parade. The one big thing that disappoints me is that EPCOT seems to have less decorations every year, even post Lights of Winter retirement which seemed to be a low for Christmas decorations in a Disney park. Last holiday season I was horrified by EPCOT's lack of decorations. My wife who usually doesn't pay attention to such things kept asking me when they were going to finish decorating EPCOT. When we were dating (1995ish), we went to EPCOT over the big holiday week (Christmas to New Years) and it was so beautiful and there was so much eye candy that we just wandered around ogling stuff until it was time to leave. I know I've complained about this a dozen or so times, but on the one in a million chance that someone in management may see a post about this and actually do something, I'll keep bringing it up. Who knows? Maybe EPCOT has some new stuff up this year?

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Merry Christmas Everyone...Sorry..I know it's kinda early,but a neighbour of mine was putting her Xmas decorations up last night..Tree and all...:eek:...But it got me thinking...I've posted a photo ( not taken by myself ) of " It's a small world " with a Christmas snowman..Is there other rides/attractions in the parks that do similar stuff.?..I'll never get to see WDW at Christmas but if any of you lucky folk who have been during the festive season have pics of rides or attractions with a Christmas theme,I would love to see them..Here's my photo..View attachment 38346

This is at Disneyland, they dont do anything like that at WDW in terms of inside attractions. Except for the jungle cruise this year.

aladdin2007

MK still gets a fair number of decorations even if they don't do a lot of holiday overlays. Osbourne festival of lights almost qualifies as one of the wonders of the world, but I guess in the future it will be retired or moved? I haven't followed the news closely. DAK has really nice, understated Christmas decorations that compliment the park and I like what they do to the parade. The one big thing that disappoints me is that EPCOT seems to have less decorations every year, even post Lights of Winter retirement which seemed to be a low for Christmas decorations in a Disney park. Last holiday season I was horrified by EPCOT's lack of decorations. My wife who usually doesn't pay attention to such things kept asking me when they were going to finish decorating EPCOT. When we were dating (1995ish), we went to EPCOT over the big holiday week (Christmas to New Years) and it was so beautiful and there was so much eye candy that we just wandered around ogling stuff until it was time to leave. I know I've complained about this a dozen or so times, but on the one in a million chance that someone in management may see a post about this and actually do something, I'll keep bringing it up. Who knows? Maybe EPCOT has some new stuff up this year?

Dont expect much, they usually put a wreath or two up in the restaurants and that is it anymore. Sad. Maybe I should have included that in my Epcot Continued downgrade thread as well.

Mukta

Merry Christmas Everyone...Sorry..I know it's kinda early,but a neighbour of mine was putting her Xmas decorations up last night..Tree and all...:eek:...But it got me thinking...I've posted a photo ( not taken by myself ) of " It's a small world " with a Christmas snowman..Is there other rides/attractions in the parks that do similar stuff.?..I'll never get to see WDW at Christmas but if any of you lucky folk who have been during the festive season have pics of rides or attractions with a Christmas theme,I would love to see them..Here's my photo..View attachment 38346
Just so everyone is clear, that is a picture from Disneyland, not WDW. DL does a Christmas overlay for IASW and Haunted Mansion. WDW does not.

SagamoreBeach

The resort decorations are just incredible during the Christmas Season. A don't miss is the Osbourne Family Lights - I can't think of anything more spectacular. EPCOT had these really tall panels that were all lined up in a row heading towards the main Christmas Tree. The panels were all lit in white lights and would light up in sync to the music. I thought they were the most beautiful things I had ever seen and would be in awe of them everytime I saw them.

Mukta

The resort decorations are just incredible during the Christmas Season. A don't miss is the Osbourne Family Lights - I can't think of anything more spectacular. EPCOT had these really tall panels that were all lined up in a row heading towards the main Christmas Tree. The panels were all lit in white lights and would light up in sync to the music. I thought they were the most beautiful things I had ever seen and would be in awe of them everytime I saw them.
Oh, yes. The lights of winter were spectacular.
4131137622_8fe8568aa7.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom