'it's a small world' Refurbishment July 27-29

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
NOW FIX THE LEPRECHAUNS that haven't worked in OVER 2 years, and replace ALL the lightbulbs on the rollercoaster in the last room that also haven't worked in 2 years!!! Jeez, an hour and a box of bulbs...
Remove the Leprechauns!

Irish children aren't leprechauns.

They could fix the sound in the Pacific Islands room, while they're at it.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
You don’t mean this seriously, do you? (I mean the call for their removal, not the fact stated in the second sentence!)
Yeah, I mean it. Replace them with Irish children.

English children aren't represented by Hobbits. German children aren't represented by trolls. Etc...

It was lazy of the Imagineers of the time to put in leprechauns.

"Hey, Blaine, what's the traditional dress for the Irish?

"Dunno, just make 'em leprechauns."

LittleBuford

Yeah, I mean it. Replace them with Irish children.

English children aren't represented by Hobbits. German children aren't represented by trolls. Etc...

It was lazy of the Imagineers of the time to put in leprechauns.

"Hey, Blaine, what's the traditional dress for the Irish?

"Dunno, just make 'em leprechauns."
But the display already includes Irish children (if that’s how we’re supposed to interpret the dolls—I guess I never really saw them as kids before). The leprechauns are additional place-making characters, not much different from the animals that feature throughout the attraction.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
But the display already includes Irish children (if that’s how we’re supposed to interpret the dolls—I guess I never really saw them as kids before). The leprechauns are additional place-making characters, not much different from the animals that feature throughout the attractions.
Well, don't get me started on how the Africa room has underrepresented nations, but plenty of animals!!

Imagine cutting out half the European dolls and replacing them with deer and goats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom