It's a Small World Movie

prberk

I cannot see any possible plot or movie opportunity here that would be any good at all. It is a great and iconic attraction with a message of world harmony. But the ride itself does not translate to a movie that I can see.

They need to quit mining attractions for movie plots, and simply come up with good movies and good attractions independently -- and if there happens to be some natural synergy, so be it; but otherwise, just keep good ideas that fit films and attractions independent of each other.

Walt knew that. Yes, he created attractions from movies, but he also created attractions that were just meant to take you to another place and time (Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Enchanted Tiki Room, Main Street Magic Shop -- none of which had movies directly related at the time). He used the medium at hand for its best purpose, and did not try to force what worked well in one medium to the other if it did not fit. He was creative in both realms, and often independently.

I movie from "it's a small world" would not be a good idea that I can see. (I am prepared to be wrong, depending on what the plot is; but I just don't see it.)

Last edited:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I cannot see any possible plot or movie opportunity here that would be any good at all. It is a great and iconic attraction with a message of world harmony. But the ride itself does not translate to a movie that I can see.

They need to quit mining attractions for movie plots, and simply come up with good movies and good attractions independently -- and if there happens to be some natural synergy, so be it; but otherwise, just keep good ideas that fit films and attractions independent of each other.

Walt knew that. Yes, he created attractions from movies, but he also created attractions that were just meant to take you to another place and time (Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Enchanted Tiki Room, Main Street Magic Shop -- none of which had movies directly related at the time). He used the medium at hand for its best purpose, and did not try to force what worked well in one medium to the other if it did not fit. He was creative in both realms, and often independently.

I movie from "it's a small world" would not be a good idea that I can see. (I am prepared to be wrong, depending on what the plot is; but I just don't see it.)
Main Street Magic Shop would make a GREAT movie.

Phroobar

I think it's going to be a horror movie. A couple ride It's a Small World but their pin collection activates all of the dolls turning them into zombies that chew and sing their way out of the ride taking over the entire world.

Mrs. Piglet

I just don't see this going anywhere. There isn't much of a plot at all with this. Let it just be a classic ride that has music that sticks in your head for days.

No Name

There is no plot to the It's a Small World ride. I hate to judge before it happens, but I see no good that can come out of this, because the movie must create an artificial plot that Small World does not have. It's a Small World is a good 8 minute ride. I could be wrong, but I don't think it can make be a good hour+ movie.

Hopefully this whole idea falls through. And if it doesn't, I just hope the movie doesn't take the ride down with it.

BrerJon

They already did a Small World movie with Tomorrowland's opening sequence I guess.

I suspect this will be a Gremlins/Smurfs type thing about little dolls running riot in the real world. Expect inappropriate fart jokes and pop culture references galore.

lazyboy97o

To be fair, Curse of the Black Pearl is not the plot of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Besides, shouldn't this be based on the more relevant version of the attraction? So the film should be about finding our favorite Disney characters. I'm sure there's a Where's Waldo? script that could be reworked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom