Trip Report **Complete** It's a meet-up-palooza!

We are back and I gotta get this trip report show on the road before my memory fails! Hopefully my notes and pictures will carry me!

When: Sept 14th - 16th and Sept 16th - 24th, 2019
Where: All-Stars Movies & POP Century Resort
Who: me (Susan) and my husband Scott

If you want to start from the very beginning, a very good place to start, you can access my pre-trip at: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/we-werent-going-until-2020-yeah-right.953038/

Rista1313

Original Poster
One thing I forgot to mention about the new renovation is how high the beds are. At 5'1", I knew from last time at POP that I had a really hard time climbing into bed... and I get up a lot in the night... climbing back in bed in the middle of the night was a pain... so this time I brought one of these little babies.. it folds flat, isn't too heavy, and fit right in our medium suitcase... it really made life SO much easier!

Last edited:

Rista1313

Original Poster
One other thing I forgot to mention is while we were wandering that night, we went into the food court, and the staff was dancing to 4 songs... I recorded some of the Macarena, but I'm not sure how to embed video here.. without uploading it to youtube. The dances were entertaining, and something I wasn't expecting.

MotherofaPrincessLover

We got our room ready text right after getting on the ME bus. I had requested Toy Story 1st floor. We got Toy Story 3rd floor. I didn't make a fuss because it was only 2 nights and we didn't have an ECV until we moved over to PoP.

So we went directly to the room. It looked just like PoP renovations, but looks can be deceiving.

View attachment 414226

I only noticed because we have just been talking about this in someone else's TR... 2 differences I found.... 1. unlike PoP, you didn't have a choice in shower heads... this only came with the rain shower.

View attachment 414227

and 2. there are shelves missing in the hang up closet.

View attachment 414228

We dropped the luggage and off to World Premiere we went for food. We wanted to try the super secret menu.

View attachment 414229

We got the cinnamon bun bacon cheeseburger and the poutine.

View attachment 414230

The burger we would get again. The poutine though was awful... the gravy wasn't too warm, and the cheese curds were ice cold, so there was no melting going on... bleh

We also grabbed some desserts.
View attachment 414231

The Jack cupcake was really tasty! It had a lime goo inside that was nice and bright. The chocolate cake was amazing too! We got 1 drink to split... and this dinner cost us $40+ dollars... WHUT! I almost fainted... and this folks is why I like the dining plan. Especially when it's free.

After dinner we walked around the resort to check it out, but it was getting dark so no pictures. We stopped in the smoking area on the way back to the room so hubby could have a pipe, and while we were sitting there he said, "Why is there a bucket of chicken over there?"

(Picture taken the next day in the light)
View attachment 414232

No dear... that's a bucket of soldiers! :hilarious::hilarious:🤣

It was getting late and we decided to go back to the room to watch TV.... except there was no remote... anywhere... I tore that room apart! Finally I admitted defeat and called. It took them forever to bring one, and I did finally figure out how to work the joystick channel changer on the back of the TV before they came...

OK, time to get to work. Wish me luck!

Next: Day 2
I checked in at the Boardwalk Villas on the 14th and had no remote in my room either. What was going on that day?!

Rista1313

Original Poster
Well Rista, do I win the prize for being. the. last. one. to sign up for the ride? Love your trip report. and happily munching chips and following:)

Hmmm I'll have to find prizes! LOL

Today is the day I sign up for my knitting trip to Rochester for next June! 4pm est... counting down the minutes to sign up. (it's very popular so I like to be one of the first ones to sign up)

Minnesota disney fan

Today is the day I sign up for my knitting trip to Rochester for next June! 4pm est... counting down the minutes to sign up. (it's very popular so I like to be one of the first ones to sign up)
Is that Rochester, Mn??? If so, I'm surprised my daughterinlaw hasn't heard about it. She is a knitting fanatic and makes some beautiful things. Me? I crochet and quilt.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

I was hoping your knitting thing would be at a time when we could meet up, but I clicked on our link and I see it is when we plan to be at Disney World.

Rista1313

Original Poster
Monday Sept 16th - Day 3

Text heavy on this first part.

This was the morning we had to meet Gold Mobility Rentals at POP by 11am. We grabbed a lyft and took our bags with us. We got there about 10am.. Since we had a split stay (x2) I didn't use the online check in, because I wanted to make sure that we were able to keep the same room the entire time. Well I got to the front of the line, told the CM why I was in line, and he first scolded me for not checking out of Movies. (I didn't know I had to!) and then he did get us checked in for POP. I used touring plans to send in a request... Will we get what I requested? While I was checking in, I sent Scott to get some breakfast for himself. He asked for the kids Mickey waffles and they told him he needed to produce a kid! WHAT!?!? I was done at the front desk, I went to join him... walked up to the line, ordered a kids bounty platter, and no one gave me any gruff. What kind of sexist crap is that!?! Scott was a little miffed when he found that out. Our room wasn't ready, so we went over to the smoking area for Scott, but they had moved it, and it took a few minutes for us to find it. At 11am I went to the meet the scooter guy and everything was perfect and right on time.

After this we went for swim. See my new hat and Scott's new purple hat?

Scott didn't last long out in the sun... he got bored, so I stay at the pool a bit longer, and he went to the smoking area.. 3pm came and went with no room text.... 330pm... finally I looked at the app to see our room was assigned finally. I never did get that room ready text!

I requested the 50's area, bottom floor... I asked for a particular room, but we did not get that room. But we did get 50's area and bottom floor, so as far as I was concerned, it was perfect!

Here are the comparable differences of the shower head and closet.

I can tell you one thing, POP definitely felt more like "home" than movies did... not that we don't want to stay anywhere else, we will when the right deal comes along.

Now that we had our room, I could order groceries from Instacart... and of course it was nap time again for Scott! I went to the front and waited for the groceries to be delivered, but somehow the guy slipped right by me and gave them to bell services... I only figured that out when I got a message asking me to rate them... and I didn't have my order yet! But eventually I asked the desk and they came out with it... I loaded up the scooter and went back to the room. We brought cereal from home, so I only ordered milk, water, some diet mtn dew for scott, donuts, and kleenex. This time the kleenex wasn't needed, so someone got a nice full box. I can't stand the cheap tissues.

Tonight was Pirates & Pals... and even though it's a dessert party, I had read we should probably eat first (they were right) so we went to the food court and Scott had the most bland piece of pizza, and I had the turkey sandwich... which was pretty good.. except the bread was a bit much.

These are not our actual photos:

We decided to take the bus to the MK, and walk to the Contemporary instead of the monorail.

There we had our first Magicians meet up! @dryerlintfan and A.

That's my pirate face! ARRRRRRRRR! Dryerlintfan describes the party better in her live trip report than I could... organized chaos! This dessert party was definitely for the kiddos with some healthy snacks, and small desserts of cookies, mini cupcakes, and ice cream bars... but we were there for the BOOTY!

I learned a protip from Tim Tracker... always bring coffee with you on the ship

Stowing away all the booty in my cup!

Attachments

• IMG_3142.JPG
    IMG_3142.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Rista1313

Original Poster
Monday cont.

Here was our views from the boat.... DLF and A let us smoosh onto their side of the boat while the fireworks were going so that we could have a good view too.

We really enjoyed the cruise part. ... the dessert party was just meh.. so you didn't miss much @Tuvalu, except for old expired purse grapes!

Oh and on the way to the dock, we saw this topic of previous discussion:

On the way back we stopped to take pictures for DLF and A in the ears.. I don't know why Scott and I didn't have a turn.. I didn't even think of it at the time!

We said our goodbyes, and we were about to leave, when I remembered I'd never been in the contemporary, and I needed to see the Mary Blair wall, and then we perused the gift shop.

After this we went out front to get a Lyft. It took a few because of traffic, but we did finally get one. We needed to get to bed, Tuesday would be our first park day!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Monday Sept 16th - Day 3

Text heavy on this first part.

This was the morning we had to meet Gold Mobility Rentals at POP by 11am. We grabbed a lyft and took our bags with us. We got there about 10am.. Since we had a split stay (x2) I didn't use the online check in, because I wanted to make sure that we were able to keep the same room the entire time. Well I got to the front of the line, told the CM why I was in line, and he first scolded me for not checking out of Movies. (I didn't know I had to!) and then he did get us checked in for POP. I used touring plans to send in a request... Will we get what I requested? While I was checking in, I sent Scott to get some breakfast for himself. He asked for the kids Mickey waffles and they told him he needed to produce a kid! WHAT!?!? I was done at the front desk, I went to join him... walked up to the line, ordered a kids bounty platter, and no one gave me any gruff. What kind of sexist crap is that!?! Scott was a little miffed when he found that out. Our room wasn't ready, so we went over to the smoking area for Scott, but they had moved it, and it took a few minutes for us to find it. At 11am I went to the meet the scooter guy and everything was perfect and right on time.

After this we went for swim. See my new hat and Scott's new purple hat?
View attachment 414594

Scott didn't last long out in the sun... he got bored, so I stay at the pool a bit longer, and he went to the smoking area.. 3pm came and went with no room text.... 330pm... finally I looked at the app to see our room was assigned finally. I never did get that room ready text!

I requested the 50's area, bottom floor... I asked for a particular room, but we did not get that room. But we did get 50's area and bottom floor, so as far as I was concerned, it was perfect!

Here are the comparable differences of the shower head and closet.

View attachment 414596
View attachment 414597

I can tell you one thing, POP definitely felt more like "home" than movies did... not that we don't want to stay anywhere else, we will when the right deal comes along.

Now that we had our room, I could order groceries from Instacart... and of course it was nap time again for Scott! I went to the front and waited for the groceries to be delivered, but somehow the guy slipped right by me and gave them to bell services... I only figured that out when I got a message asking me to rate them... and I didn't have my order yet! But eventually I asked the desk and they came out with it... I loaded up the scooter and went back to the room. We brought cereal from home, so I only ordered milk, water, some diet mtn dew for scott, donuts, and kleenex. This time the kleenex wasn't needed, so someone got a nice full box. I can't stand the cheap tissues.

Tonight was Pirates & Pals... and even though it's a dessert party, I had read we should probably eat first (they were right) so we went to the food court and Scott had the most bland piece of pizza, and I had the turkey sandwich... which was pretty good.. except the bread was a bit much.

These are not our actually photos:

View attachment 414598
View attachment 414599

We decided to take the bus to the MK, and walk to the Contemporary instead of the monorail.

There we had our first Magicians meet up! @dryerlintfan and A.

View attachment 414601

That's my pirate face! ARRRRRRRRR! Dryerlintfan describes the party better in her live trip report than I could... organized chaos! This dessert party was definitely for the kiddos with some healthy snacks, and small desserts of cookies, mini cupcakes, and ice cream bars... but we were there for the BOOTY!

View attachment 414602

I learned a protip from Tim Tracker... always bring coffee with you on the ship

View attachment 414603

View attachment 414604

Stowing away all the booty in my cup!

You needed a bigger cup!! Should have brought your resort cup!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom