Pre-Trip It's a good thing I don't sleep - solo trip!

This New England girl is an AP holder! Time for my first solo trip!
Who: me! (Sam) Pictured below is me and my husband, but he will not be joining me on this trip. I'm one of those first in line at the park, rides picked out for the day, rice krispie treats on my mind, no rest until we're the last people to exit the park kind of girl.

disney.jpg

When: February 6th to February 9th - EPCOT Festival of the Arts!

Where: Off site - Courtyard Marriott near Disney Springs - using my accrued Marriott rewards from all my work travel! Nothing like free lodging, even though it's outside the "bubble".

Why: I love WDW. I purchased my AP last August after 2 trips in 6 months- over 12 days, and a Disney Dream cruise...it was well worth the investment! My husband is not an AP holder. He prefers once a year, since we have a 7 park day followed by a cruise booked for July 2019. :) I go a few times a year, usually one week trip with my hubby, and another week trip with my parents. Last year was my first Disney cruise, and now it's an annual vacation requirement!

Budget: I'm pretty proud of this trip so far - I've spent $89 on hotel, rental car, and flights! Thank you travel rewards programs!! (I travel a lot for work.) I have set aside some of my work bonus for park spending money - I NEED those new snack Alex & Ani bracelets, a couple of new pins, and money to buy some art at the EPCOT Festival of Arts! I meal prep most of my food, so I don't plan on spending too much money on food - but I can guarantee I'll be bringing home a giant Mickey shaped rice krispie treat from The Confectionary!

Next up: Plans!!

joshsprincess921

This New England girl is an AP holder! Time for my first solo trip!
Who: me! (Sam) Pictured below is me and my husband, but he will not be joining me on this trip. I'm one of those first in line at the park, rides picked out for the day, rice krispie treats on my mind, no rest until we're the last people to exit the park kind of girl.

View attachment 344252

When: February 6th to February 9th - EPCOT Festival of the Arts!

Where: Off site - Courtyard Marriott near Disney Springs - using my accrued Marriott rewards from all my work travel! Nothing like free lodging, even though it's outside the "bubble".

Why: I love WDW. I purchased my AP last August after 2 trips in 6 months- over 12 days, and a Disney Dream cruise...it was well worth the investment! My husband is not an AP holder. He prefers once a year, since we have a 7 park day followed by a cruise booked for July 2019. :) I go a few times a year, usually one week trip with my hubby, and another week trip with my parents. Last year was my first Disney cruise, and now it's an annual vacation requirement!

Budget: I'm pretty proud of this trip so far - I've spent $89 on hotel, rental car, and flights! Thank you travel rewards programs!! (I travel a lot for work.) I have set aside some of my work bonus for park spending money - I NEED those new snack Alex & Ani bracelets, a couple of new pins, and money to buy some art at the EPCOT Festival of Arts! I meal prep most of my food, so I don't plan on spending too much money on food - but I can guarantee I'll be bringing home a giant Mickey shaped rice krispie treat from The Confectionary!

Next up: Plans!!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Have fun!

StitchSNK

Original Poster
Wednesday Feb 6th
My plane lands at 9:34am! YES! I will grab my checked bags, uber to the hotel, drop off my luggage and Minnie van to MAGIC KINGDOM!
I gave myself some time to get to the park and to slowly make my way down Main Street USA before my first FastPass at SPLASH MOUNTAIN at 1pm!! Then I have Buzz Lightyear SRS at 2:55 and meet Mickey and Minnie in their new celebration outfits at 5:10! YIPPEE! There are EMH tonight 8-10pm, and while I won’t be able to ride any rides (sad off resort hotel), I will bring my Nikon to take some night photos!
Something I really want to accomplish is meeting all of the Princesses! So I plan on waiting at Fairytale Hall when there’s a short wait. Does anyone know where I can meet Merida?
Also- as many photopass photos as possible because they’re so darn cute!! Need the Tangled lantern photo!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wednesday Feb 6th
My plane lands at 9:34am! YES! I will grab my checked bags, uber to the hotel, drop off my luggage and Minnie van to MAGIC KINGDOM!
I gave myself some time to get to the park and to slowly make my way down Main Street USA before my first FastPass at SPLASH MOUNTAIN at 1pm!! Then I have Buzz Lightyear SRS at 2:55 and meet Mickey and Minnie in their new celebration outfits at 5:10! YIPPEE! There are EMH tonight 8-10pm, and while I won’t be able to ride any rides (sad off resort hotel), I will bring my Nikon to take some night photos!
Something I really want to accomplish is meeting all of the Princesses! So I plan on waiting at Fairytale Hall when there’s a short wait. Does anyone know where I can meet Merida?
Also- as many photopass photos as possible because they’re so darn cute!! Need the Tangled lantern photo!

That's a fun itinerary for a first day. I'll also be interested to read your impressions of the Courtyard by Marriott. Staying off-site has some benefits; you might find that there are a variety of restaurant options (in all price ranges) within walking distance of your hotel.

StitchSNK

Original Poster
Solo trips have pros and cons
Focus on the positive aspects, share with friends and family (as long as you do not rub it in) and have a great time

Following along

Max
Of course, sharing without over sharing is super important. And thank you! 11 days!

NessNewt

Wednesday Feb 6th

Mickey and Minnie's celebration outfits look SO CUTE.

I circled Merida's spot:

Screenshot_20190126-075235~2.png

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Have so much fun!! I've only made one solo trip, which was only for a very quick Saturday and a little of a Sunday morning, but I loved it! I adore going with my husband and friends, but solo was just different and enjoyable in its own way.

The Merida meet is super fun.

StitchSNK

Original Poster
I will be at the airport in 48 hours!! Time to finish my pre-trip!

Thursday Feb 7th
ROPE DROP for Pandora Flight of Passage! I have YET to secure a FastPass+ reservation for this ride on this trip. I have stalked MDE a few times a day for weeks...it has eluded me. But, one might open up the day of?! I will be persistent!
I have a FP+ at 11:10am to meet my favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost; and Killimanjaro Safari at 5:20pm.
The rest of the day will be filled with riding Expedition Everest at least 5 times (single rider!), seeing Festival of the Lion King, which is my favorite show in WDW, drinking copious amounts of Joffrey's cold brew, and meeting Pocahontas. I haven't seen "It's Tough to be a Bug" in 13 years, so I will probably do that as well.
After Killimanjaro, I'll be heading to EPCOT to enjoy some of the Festival of the Arts food. I can't wait to pick up my Figment APH magnet!!

Friday Feb 8th
This morning will be dedicated to Hollywood Studios. ROPE DROP Slinky Dog Dash. This ride has eluded me the last YEAR. I have never secured a FP+. I will single rider Rockin Roller Coaster. Fun fact: this was my favorite ride in 2006. I rode it over and over and over....looking back, I'm thankful my parents were so patient! I went on ToT on my August 2018 trip, after avoiding is since 2007, and I'm still terrified of it, so I'll be skipping this ride. I need to walk through One Man's Dream - it's a classic!
Around lunchtime, I'm headed to EPCOT to enjoy the Festival of the Arts. My FP+ for EPCOT include: Soarin at 1:00pm, Living with the Land at 3:50pm (one of my favorite experiences at EPCOT), and Mission: Space at 4:50 (ORANGE!!). I'll try to single rider Test Track, but it's not a make or break for me. I am really looking forward to IllumiNations - it always brings tears to my eyes!

Saturday Feb 9th
For my last day I'm headed back to Magic Kingdom! There's nothing like walking in and smelling The Confectionary, hearing the joyous "wows" from guests walking down Main Street for the first time, and just enjoying the magic! I'm headed straight to The Confectionary for a Rice Krispie Treat before embarking to space!
9:15 I have a FP+ for Space Mountain. 10:35 is Pirates - MY FAVORITE RIDE. 2:10 is 7DMT. The overall Magic Kingdom mission is still to meet all of the Princesses, and Mary Poppins (because I just love her).
Today I have a QS reservation at Be Our Guest. I have not eaten here yet, and I don't plan on doing a table service here until I have children of my own.

Souvenirs I look forward to purchasing this trip: the EPCOT AP FotA 2019 pin; Mickey Bar Alex and Ani bracelet; 5lb Rice Krispie Treat; FotA post cards (to frame for my Disney wall at home).
On my August 2018 trip I was wearing one of my favorite pins - "Oddball" from 101Dalmations, and it fell off my lanyard. I'd like to try and find this one again. It held a lot of sentimental value as I traded for it when I was 13. I'm also hoping to do some trading with CMs who might have some HKDL HM headband pins.

I pick up my rental car around 4pm and head to West Palm Beach to see some family! While it'll be sad to say goodbye, I'll be back in July with my husband (6 nights at the Boardwalk!), and joined by my parents and brother in August aboard the Disney Dream!

Rista1313

From everything I've read, Merida only comes out for parties like Halloween and Christmas, but it could have changed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom