Itinerary Review (First Timers, Honeymoon, BDay)

Kizlit

Hi everyone! My husband and I are going to WDW for the FIRST TIME from 9/28-10/5. This will also be to celebrate our honeymoon and for my birthday. We are doing somewhat of a budget trip and are looking to have a chill schedule as my husband gets tired very easily and early mornings can be tough. I would love to hear some feedback about the itinerary I made. This is about a month's worth of planning so I'm working really hard on it!

Friday, 9/28
Go to work until Noon. Head home, have lunch, finalize everything and relax until 5pm. Have dinner with my parents then be dropped off at LAX ~8:30pm. Depart LAX 10:30pm.
Comments: Should I take day off, at noon, or just work all day? I'll be so excited. Hard to focus!

Saturday, 9/29
Redeye to MCO, arrive 6:30am. DME to POP for CheckIn, Refresh, and breakfast at the food court. Disney Springs for the rest of the afternoon, early dinner at Earl of Sandwich and birthday cake/celebration toast at Amorette's. Head back to POP early to relax/chill. Bed by 8pm.
Comments: We'll be tired but this day seems good to me.

Sunday, 9/30
FP+ Hopes:
Slinky Dog Dash, RockNRoller Coaster, Star Tours
Wake up 6:45am. BOG reservations at 9:05. Ride Haunted Mansion, Small World, and Little Mermaid before noon then bus to HS. Checkout shows and rides. Sci-Fi Reservations at 3:25pm. Star Wars Fireworks @ 8:30 or Fantasmic VIP Dessert Party. Bus back to POP, bed by 10:30.
Comments: Wanting to get an earlier BOG reservation. Wanting to do Fantasmic Dessert Party but not sure if worth… just do Star Wars fireworks instead?

Monday, 10/1
FP+ Hopes:
Avatar Ride, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur
Wake up 6am. Head to AK and Rope Drop Safari Ride. Rides/Shows until 11am lunch reservation @ Yak & Yeti. More rides/shows until 4:15 then head to Contemporary. Dinner at California Grill ~5:15-7:30. Do souvenir shopping at hotels then head back to CA Grill to view fireworks @ 9-9:20. Uber back to POP (First ride discount). In bed by 11.
Comments: Should we spend the money to go to CA Grill? I’m hoping to get later reservation to line up with the fireworks. Should we skip the fireworks and call it an early night? Should we go to Epcot or MK afterwards?

Tuesday, 10/2
FP+ Hopes:
Frozen, Spaceship Earth, Journey into Imagination
Wake up @ 9, have lazy morning. Focus on World Showcase besides our fastpasses. Eat around the world at Food &Wine Festival then drink around the world. Do Remy’s Hide & Squeek! IllumiNations 9-9:15, EMH 9-11pm.
Comments: Thinking of mainly just doing World Showcase this day and drinking around the world. I like this day, seems like a lot of walking but should be chill.

Wednesday, 10/3
FP+ Hopes:
7DMT, Space Mountain, Big Thunder
Wake up @ 7. Rope drop MK as I love early mornings at Disneyland then do MK until tired or had enough since we go to Disneyland annually. The plan is 9am-6pm and head to bed early for a busy day the next day.
Comments: I like the idea of doing a shorter day but will this be enough time to see what we don’t have here?

Thursday, 10/4
FP+ Hopes:
Wake up early for EMH 8-9 at Epcot. Do Future World section. Leave at 1:30 and head to AKL for late lunch at Sanaa. Then head to AK for the rest of the evening to use fastpass of Avatar ride and to see the park at night.
Comments: This may change the night before/day of since it’s more of a filler to do what we haven’t been able to do yet.

Friday, 10/5
FP+ Hopes:
?,?,?
Wake up 6:30am, check out. Do park of choice from 9am-4pm then bus back to POP. DME to MCO @ 5:15pm. Check into airport @ 6:15, depart 10:35.
Comments: Our last day is filler. Can the DME take us later to the airport? 4 hours is obsessive for domestic flight!

JillC LI

Sounds great - but I"m not so sure I would call it "chill" with all those early mornings and park hopping! Don't get me wrong - that's how we do WDW too, but it can be exhausting.
PS - Try not to miss Soarin and Test Track at EPCOT even if you use your Tier 1 FP+ for Frozen.

Upvote 0

Kizlit

Original Poster
Sounds great - but I"m not so sure I would call it "chill" with all those early mornings and park hopping! Don't get me wrong - that's how we do WDW too, but it can be exhausting.
PS - Try not to miss Soarin and Test Track at EPCOT even if you use your Tier 1 FP+ for Frozen.

I'm worried about the lack of chill too lol! Any recommendations on how to lighten it to be more relaxed for my husband? The problem is that I love getting up early and going but he won't be happy about it lol

Upvote 0
Y'all are going to be on the move! If you're looking for a suggestion for something a little more chill, can I suggest Sunday brunch? There are several different restaurants on property that do brunches. Our personal favorite in California Grill. It's a little spendy, but between the beautiful views, the lovely jazz music and the bottomless mimosas, you can't help but be relaxed! I know that would derail your Sunday a bit, but you could always just make your fastpasses for later in the afternoon/evening. Depending on reservation availability, you could still hit MK in the morning.

Oh, and DME is not flexible. However, if you want to maximize your time at WDW, I would suggest checking in your bags with the airline first thing in the morning, and then just grabbing an uber to the airport when you're ready to go. It's usually around a $30 ride, but worth it to get that extra hour and a half in the parks. I hope y'all enjoy your trip. Happy honeymooning!

Upvote 0

SlumanBee

Don't work on that Friday!

You are actually there when me and my wife are on our honeymoon too! 19th September - 3rd October. Wednesday to Wednesday, we are off work for three weeks. Who needs that added stress?

Upvote 0

Kizlit

Original Poster
Don't work on that Friday!

You are actually there when me and my wife are on our honeymoon too! 19th September - 3rd October. Wednesday to Wednesday, we are off work for three weeks. Who needs that added stress?

I just don't know what I'll be doing that day! I'm sure we'll be packed at least the weekend before so I'll be bouncing off the walls with excitement :p

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I'm worried about the lack of chill too lol! Any recommendations on how to lighten it to be more relaxed for my husband? The problem is that I love getting up early and going but he won't be happy about it lol
I'm afraid I have no recommendations because we don't go to Disney to "chill"! LOL

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom