Italy Pavilion Construction 1/02?

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
As a normal visit to EPCOT today, I recall reading one particular member's comment about the lack of trees in the Italy pavilion, so I thought I should go and check it out.

Did not know there was work being done behind the walls near Tutto Italia, however. :lookaroun

With the rumor of a pizzeria coming to the pavilion, it seems to make the said rumor more stronger now.

I do have pics, but I will post them tomorrow.

EPCOT Explorer

As a normal visit to EPCOT today, I recall reading one particular member's comment about the lack of trees in the Italy pavilion, so I thought I should go and check it out.

Did not know there was work being done behind the walls near Tutto Italia, however. :lookaroun

With the rumor of a pizzeria coming to the pavilion, it seems to make the said rumor more stronger now.

I do have pics, but I will post them tomorrow.

Hey, how are you? :lookaroun :lol:

Sounds highly interesting. What kind of work?

Figment1986

Back in dec I saw bulldozers and backhoews around itally through a fence with green mesh on it, it was visable from the overflow restrooms backstage next to american adventure, and they were actively digging i could see it from onstage too.

Best I could do at the time:
748950941_HDy9q-M.jpg

Next Big Thing

Interesting. A pizzeria type place would be nice to add rather than the typical Italian places found around the parks (Tony's, Mama Melrose, Tutto Italia). It would fit right in wit the country also so hopefully this happens.

Exprcoofto

Not sure why the Pizzeria is still being called a rumor, they already filled the permits for it, so wouldn't that confirm it?

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Back in Dec I saw bulldozers and backhoes around Italy through a fence with green mesh on it, it was visible from the overflow restrooms backstage next to American Adventure, and they were actively digging. I could see it from onstage too.

Best I could do at the time:
748950941_HDy9q-M.jpg
Interesting... :wave:

Well, the green mesh wasn't visible yesterday.

Not sure why the Pizzeria is still being called a rumor, they already filled the permits for it, so wouldn't that confirm it?
Oh, really? :lookaroun Well, didn't know about the filed permits, so it would also confirm it. But for actual work to begin is something else...

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
OK, here are those pics, first from onstage premises:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And then, for a nanosecond, a peek backstage:

picture.php

:cool::lookaroun

jt04

Wow. Kind of hard to grasp the scale but it looks like it could be substantial.

I'm just saying, this better be up to World Showcase quality. Because they are better off doing nothing that cheapening World Showcase. Fair warning. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom