Italian Resturarant in Manhatten recommendation please

KevinPage

Original Poster
Going to visit the family and was torn between a few different restuarants, so wanted to get an idea about a few I had in mind and maybe some that you could recommend.

The in-laws are interested in Carmine's - family style place, they have 2 locations in Theater Dsitrict & the Upper West Side

I'm interested in Il Mulino's (original that is now cloned at WDW)

And Babbo, Mario Batali's place in Greenich Village.

So, any opinions on the above - good, bad, ugly. Feel free to recommend other places as well (dinner only).

Thanks for your help :D :D :D

Fantasmic!329

I have heard very good things about Carmine's.
And Maria Pia's.
Never have eaten at either, but have heard good things.

Have a great time in the City!
Doing anything besides visiting the relatives?

EDIT: Eek! I had written 'never eat at either,' I meant to say 'never have eaten at either.' Sorry!

yodasmith

My girlfriend LOVES carmines. We walk past it and she raves about it every time we go see a show. I've never been. This summer when work and classes slow down we are going to go.

Iakona

Carmine's food is pretty good and if you have several people it is a lot of fun. Huge portions to split between everyone.

KevinPage

Original Poster
I have heard very good things about Carmine's.
And Maria Pia's.
Never eat at either, but have heard good things.

Have a great time in the City!
Doing anything besides visiting the relatives?

The usual rounds of visiting family and just relaxing, etc. Admittedly never took advantage of living close to Manhatten all those years, now that I'm far away it of course is more appealing. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom