Trip Report It was all a joke at first - two engaged couples and the fifth wheel! Sept 24-27

Hello Everyone! We got back on Sunday from a short and sweet adults only trip! It all started at the end of August when my future sister-in-law posted on Facebook that she wanted to join some friends on their trip to Disney World. I chimed in and said I wanted to as well. Then they started to group message us their details and I crunched some numbers and we figured out a way to do it! I am still in shock that it actually happened. I mean I have two kids that have been asking non-stop about going back and then I just go without them. Thought for sure they would eat me alive when I got home but they seem to be ok with it since I brought them home a "Baby Yoda" each.
Who: (in order of the photo below) Me-Cetta, Taylea and Nick (engaged and my brother's friend), my brother Patrick and Taylar (also engaged). Hence the title of the trip report!
78c577c8-215c-4eb5-bb47-fed2b1de163f.JPG

When: September 24-27 (Nick and Taylea left on the 29th)
Where: Patrick, Taylar, and myself stayed at The B Resort at Disney Springs. It was about $70 a night and we were trying to save money. Nick and Taylea stayed at Pop Century.
Why: I am sure we all had our own reasons to be going. Patrick and Taylar as well as Nick and Taylea were celebrating their engagements. I was attempting to make my wish come true of going to Disney Solo....I did get some time alone but I have to say, I really enjoyed the company of my friends and brother. It was nice to reminisce our childhood trip and joke.

Cetta

Original Poster
Good drinks and great company!

Afterwards, I took some pictures of the Tay’s with their droids on this beautiful night.
IMG_1199.JPEG
IMG_1200.JPEG

IMG_1203.JPEG

IMG_1202.JPEG

IMG_1204.JPEG

By the time we exited Hollywood Studios it was 8:43. So we had spent about 11.5 hours inside the park and did every ride we wanted to. I think the only thing we didn’t ride was Alien Saucer Swirl and we didn’t see the Lightening McQueen show thing.
IMG_1208.JPEG

IMG_1210.JPEG

We got back to our room, decompressed a little, and realized we hadn’t had a real dinner, just pretzels. We ordered Doordash Wawa (I wanted something we couldn’t have at home and we loved Wawa growing up in Jersey). I had an Italian sub and so did Patrick, Taylar ordered a wrap and they brought her the wrong one and it just ended up in the trash. Oh and it was a task trying to get an Uber or Lyft back to our room. I think it was because so many other people were using it, we kept having our trips cancelled and I am assuming it was for ones where the driver would make more money. Anyway, after our late night dinner, I pre-scheduled our Uber/Lyft for the next morning to the Contemporary because I was determined to have Mickey Waffles on this trip.

Cetta

Original Poster
Totally forgot to mention that on our way back to our hotel from our first night at Disney Springs we stopped at the photopass store thing and took some (as my brother said) "bad mafia-like pictures:"
ds 2.JPG
ds 6.JPG
ds 1.JPG
ds 14.JPG

we also got some green screen photos. I think they are all laughable and totally not going to be on any of our walls lol
ds 3.jpg

ds 4.jpg

ds 5.jpg

I love how confused they look in this one:
ds 11.jpg

Cetta

Original Poster
Geez....I never thought I wouldn't have time to make these updates but here we are almost three months after our three night trip and still not done updating.

Saturday, September 26

We woke up nice and early and all got ready. Our Uber was ready and right on time. I handed Taylar my phone so she would catch a photo of the MK sign as we drove past it on our way to the Contemporary.
IMG_1211.JPEG

IMG_1213.JPEG

I was on a mission to have Mickey Waffles for breakfast. I was, as I have mentioned before, on a strict budget so I mobile ordered a kids meal when we got there. Patrick is picker than me (which some would say is rare), so they ordered at the counter. While I waited for the app to tell me that my food was ready I took some pictures around the Contempo Café
IMG_1214.JPEG

IMG_1217.JPEG

It wasn’t long before my food was ready
IMG_1218.JPEG

We sat down at a table with a good view of the monorail
IMG_1220.JPEG

Unfortunately, this was the worst meal I have ever had at Disney World. My waffle was soggy and rubbery. The sausage was undercooked, and I ended up spitting it out in my napkin. At least I had a water to take with me into the park. After eating what we could, we started our walk over to MK. We had gotten a text from Nick saying they were already in the park while we were walking over. The park opened at 9am that day and we were walking through the gates around 8:35am.
IMG_1223.JPEG

All Patrick wanted was his picture with Walt. I didn’t know he was such a fan but he was almost yelling at us to take the picture lol
IMG_1227.JPEG

I took my first selfie of the day
IMG_1229.JPEG

Cetta

Original Poster
Patrick took my phone and in great brother fashion took a bunch of silly pictures of me in front of the castle
IMG_1230.JPEG

IMG_1231.JPEG
IMG_1232.JPEG

We talked a little about what to do ride first. Nick and Taylea were already in line for Peter Pan but we decided to head to Pirates.
IMG_1233.JPEG

IMG_1235.JPEG

pirates.jpg

When we got off Pirates, Nick and Taylea had sent a message saying they were getting on the ride. So we hung out in the giftshop for them. Then we all headed to Jungle Cruise! I had to take a picture for my daughter Sadie! With a name like Concetta, my name was never on anything so I made sure my kids had super normal names where they could get name tags, key chains, necklaces, and see their name places. I always felt so left out having a weird name. Even to this day, I hate having to tell someone my name and spell it out. Anyway….one day my daughter will appreciate that her name is on a Jungle Cruise ship!
IMG_1236.JPEG

Splash had been down since we got in the park so we headed to BTMRR
IMG_1237.JPEG

When we got off, Splash was up and running but the line was pretty long. We didn’t want to chance it doing down again so we hoped in line. Taylar has been to Disney with her family a few times and has never been on Splash Mountain. She said that she hates being wet in her regular clothes so she has always passed on going on the ride. We told her she had to do it with us and that she could sit in the way back and not get too wet, plus it felt like a million degrees out so she would dry fast. I even offered her a poncho but she was a trooper and loved it!
IMG_1238.JPEG

splash mountain.jpg

Cetta

Original Poster
Afterwards, Nick and Taylea said they were going to watch Mickey’s Philharmagic but I had no desire to do that and I wanted just a little time for myself. I mean I have always wanted a solo trip to WDW and never did it, so here was my chance to at least get an hour alone! I headed to the New Fantasyland! I was planning on finally trying Gaston’s and stopped on the way to get some pictures with The Beast’s Castle. When I got to Gaston’s the line was too long for my liking, so I just kept on walking.
IMG_1241.JPEG
beast 3.JPG

I kept walking and kind of felt bad getting on a ride without everyone else so I just kind of wandered around and started to head to Main Street.
IMG_1242.JPEG
IMG_1245.JPEG

I’m sure you can tell it was HOT! I mean look at my hair! Lol I hung out on Main Street for a little but didn’t want to go shopping just yet. One of the cavalades came by so I watched that. My daughter loves the story of the Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf, so I took some pictures of him for her. I decided to mobile order a Dole Whip and head that way!
IMG_1250.JPEG

IMG_1257.JPEG

Mobile ordering beforehand was super convenient, and I was so happy that it worked out that way because I really wanted some Dole Whip!
IMG_1259.JPEG

IMG_1261.JPEG

After enjoying my precious Dole Whip I headed out, at that time my bother had sent a message saying he was getting a pretzel. I asked them where they were and Taylar sent me this picture.
where are you.png

I knew where they were but a cavalcade was going over that bridge by the time I got there, so I had to wait, then I noticed another photopass photographer so grab some pics while my path was blocked.

Cetta

Original Poster
me left leaves.JPG
me left 3.JPG

They enjoyed their pretzels while I snacked on some pringles I had in my purse
IMG_1270.JPEG

Then we heard the Nightmare before Christmas music playing so we knew that cavalcade was coming. My brother jokingly stood to make sure we had a view.
IMG_1271.JPEG
IMG_1276.JPEG
IMG_1277.JPEG

When we were all done snacking we headed back to the spot I had just had some pictures taken so we could get some group ones.
castle left us 1.JPG
caslte thumbs.JPG
castle left leaves.JPG
castle villian 1.JPG

Cetta

Original Poster
taylar leaves.JPG

Afterwards we headed to Peter Pan since Nick and Taylea were eating lunch and already rode it.
IMG_1280.JPEG

It was pretty sad to see all the walls and plexiglass around. This is the spot that meant so much to us in February when my son met Peter Pan and now it’s just walled up.
IMG_1281.JPEG

I had never been though the regular queue before, so I was picture happy because Peter Pan has always been on of my favorite Disney movies and my children love it just as much as I do. I am going to spare you all the bad pictures I took tho lol Patrick needed to use the little boys room, so we stopped at the nicest bathrooms in the world, Taylar and I took a picture lol
IMG_1295.JPEG

Nick messaged us and said they were done eating and wanted to meet up again, so we started to head over to Tomorrowland. We made some more photo pit stops lol
IMG_1296.JPEG
IMG_1297.JPEG
p t right.JPG

We met up with them and got in line for Buzz!
IMG_1301.JPEG

IMG_1302.JPEG
IMG_1305.JPEG

I won! but I didn't brag lol

Cetta

Original Poster
buzz pt.jpg
buzz nt.jpg
buzz me.jpg

We hit up Space Mountain next
sm nc.jpg
sm ptt.jpg

Nick and Taylea wanted to get some pictures taken with the castle so we split up again. I mobile ordered for Pecos Bills, which I just needed to have! Good thing I had mobile ordered because for being 2 something in the afternoon it was like a mad house! This is where I just don’t understand everything Disney is doing to distance people. They make you mobile order on the app to eat at a quick service restaurant and you cannot enter the building until it is ready and there is only one entrance you can enter from, so literally every person and group that had mobile ordered or wanted to order is waiting by this one entrance. It was insane looking and I should have taken a picture of the sea of people all congregated in that area without any distancing. We didn’t wait too long, I told Patrick and taylar to go find a table while I got our food. They found a place upstairs which was cool because I had never been up there before. It was way quieter there.
IMG_1308.JPEG

Nick and Taylea still were still taking their castle photos when we finished eating
nt castle 2.JPG
nt castle pumpkin.JPG

On our way to Main Street, Taylar mentioned she was jealous of my previously eaten Dole Whip so I mobile ordered her one (the line was way too long to stand In).
IMG_1313.JPEG

we met up with everyone and took some group photos!
castle group 1.JPG

Cetta

Original Poster
castle group 3.JPG

OK, gotta admit, I am not sure what we did next. My fault for taking months to complete this trip report 😢
I know at some point we did some shopping and I got a little snippy with someone (not the CM) after a CM told me I was standing too close to someone else while looking at something on a shelf. I later apologized but geez the heat was getting to me.
we all got treats and enjoyed them while sitting Main Street.
IMG_1314.JPEG
IMG_1317.JPEG

IMG_1325.JPEG

Afterwards we headed to the Tiki Room
IMG_1328.JPEG

I recorded a video of the birds singing, so I could bring it home and how the kids. Funny thing is my mom has always called boy private parts a "tiki liki" and my son calls his "tiki" for short. Man was he cracking up when I showed him a video of birds singing about tikis. hahahaha totally taking him in there next time we all go.
It was about 6 o'clock when we got out of the Tiki Room and Nick and Taylea decided to head back to their room. We said our goodbyes since we head home the next day and they were going to Epcot.
While walking around my brother saw someone with a treat and proclaimed he wanted one too. Perfect timing because they were about to close!

IMG_1329.JPEG
IMG_1331.JPEG

we decided to head to Fantasyland for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
IMG_1336.JPEG
mine train ptc.jpg

afterwards we started to head out since the park was technically closed. we were all alone by the purple wall and broke some rules and took our masks off (I swear it was really fast just for the pictures and no one was even in sight).
IMG_1345.JPEG

Cetta

Original Poster
IMG_1342.JPEG
IMG_1348.JPEG

I tried to artistic with my photography of Taylar and the pumpkin lamppost.
IMG_1352.JPEG

we rested for a little under the yellow umbrellas hoping that it would get dark enough to see the castle at night.
IMG_1358.JPEG

I didn't want to leave but I could tell Patrick and Taylar were ready to head back to our hotel to rest.
IMG_1361.JPEG
IMG_1362.JPEG
IMG_1363.JPEG
IMG_1369.JPEG

we decided to walk to the Contemporary and call an Uber/Lyft from there.
IMG_1371.JPEG

After a couple cancelled uber requests we finally got back to our room. We hadn't eaten a meal since Peco's so we had doordash deliver again. backed our bags and got ready for our flights home the next day.

Cetta

Original Poster
the next morning we got all ready and headed out, we decided to Uber to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast since the B Resort only had their grab and go place open and everything looked blah. Man does that Dunk Donuts get busy! it was connected to a cheap souvenir place so we wasted time by looking around and getting things for our kids.
IMG_1373.JPEG

Eventually we called our Uber and headed to MCO
IMG_1374.JPEG

Last selfie of our adult only trip...so sad ☹️
we got back to Indy and I took a picture of Lucas Oil Stadium because the Colts (my favorite team) were playing the Jets (my brother's favorite team). Pretty sure if we weren't at Disney World that weekend we probably would have been at the game.
IMG_1378.JPEG

When they dropped me off at home, the kids were sitting outside waiting for me. They had decorated the door with drawings and were so happy to see me. Like I had been gone for weeks or months haha Of course I had gotten them some gifts so I had them stay in the kitchen while I hid them through out the house. They sure loved their Baby Yoda/The Child/Grogu stuffies!
IMG_1382.JPEG

It sure was a fun trip and really special since it was just adults but boy did I miss my kids and I am not sure if I will ever go without my kids again. Right now we are planning on going with the kids for the first week of May, they don't know yet and it might even change because my job hasn't approved. By the way, the stress of my coworker leaving has lifted and work life is actually pretty smooth without him. I mean I still miss his company but things are just fine. It's going to be a busy year, Patrick & Taylar get married June 5th, her bachelorette trip is in early May, and then Nick & Taylea get married August 14. Well thank you for tagging along and so sorry it took me so long to finish this but I finally did it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom