It appears that Angela Lansbury of “Beauty and the Beast” has passed away

prberk

Original Poster
Sad news from local NBC station. Angela Lansbury, the wonderful stage and screen actress that is probably best known here as the voice of the teapot and singer of the title song of “Beauty and the Beast,” has passed away, according to reports.

She was a truly remarkable actress, whose other familiar work included “Murder She Wrote” and “Bedknobs and Broomsticks.”

DisneyCane

Sad news from local NBC station. Angela Lansbury, the wonderful stage and screen actress that is probably best known here as the voice of the teapot and singer of the title song of “Beauty and the Beast,” has passed away, according to reports.

She was a truly remarkable actress, whose other familiar work included “Murder She Wrote” and “Bedknobs and Broomsticks.”

The first time I didn't notice the word "here" and was thinking that the vast majority of people know her from "Murder, She Wrote." In the general population I'd guess 90% or more couldn't tell you who the voice of Mrs. Potts was for a $1 million prize without looking it up.

Anyway, RIP.

Tom P.

The first time I didn't notice the word "here" and was thinking that the vast majority of people know her from "Murder, She Wrote." In the general population I'd guess 90% or more couldn't tell you who the voice of Mrs. Potts was for a $1 million prize without looking it up.

Anyway, RIP.
I am a huge "Beauty and the Beast" fan. And grew up with "Bedknobs and Broomsticks." But, still, when I hear the name Angela Lansbury, my first thought is "Murder, She Wrote." I think that's probably true for 99% of the population.

Either way, very sad news. RIP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom