Trip Report It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas! *COMPLETED*

The soothing croon of Michael Bublé kept reverberating in my mind as I pondered starting yet another trip report. Like summer, the Christmas season makes me happy. Going to WDW during the Christmas season makes me VERY HAPPY. The joy of sharing my trips with my WDWMAGIC friends makes me happier still. Thank you for the encouragement to keep on writing!

Holiday Vacation #1
When: November 16-23, 2019
Where: Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Who: Tuvalu and Woody

Looky! I finally got a Magic Shot!

8C56E00E-3234-4EFE-BE77-9111D4282F2B.jpeg

Okay, so it’s a bit creepy. But it leaves no doubt that this was a CHRISTMAS trip.

In mid-November. :hilarious:

But hey, we had Halloween in August!

And yours truly was very excited to experience Christmas decor at the resorts and in 3 of the 4 parks. (Epcot was still in full “Food and Wine” mode.) It wasn’t always this festive in November. We’ve been this same week in the past and outside of MK, there was very little decorating completed. I was so disappointed the year we stayed at WL (very close to turkey day) and missed out on the holiday stuff. I was worried the same thing would happen again. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Woody, on the other hand, is a “Let’s celebrate Thanksgiving before shifting our focus to Christmas” kind of guy. Growing up, his family did not put up their tree until CHRISTMAS EVE. (Can you imagine?!!) Over the years he has mellowed, thanks to my influence, and better tolerates the Christmas creep. Yet I was concerned that his inner Scrooge might reveal itself during this vacation.

I needn’t have worried. But I’m getting ahead of myself again.

Our week consisted of some new experiences and old experiences....some frustrations....some drama (of course!)....and a very magical meet.

Stay tuned.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The multitude on Main Street was not indicative of a crowded park. We accomplished much this morning despite missing rope drop by over half an hour.

D025C902-4E53-4EDD-91B1-7F088BFEDAE8.jpeg

We began with a left turn at the hub.

9E8550C2-DC7A-4950-99FB-C5B50B2A33E2.jpeg

Yo Ho, Yo Ho!

AC291AC9-300C-46C0-9512-00304295F68B.jpeg

Party of 2? There’s a 90% chance of being assigned the back of the boat. At least it’s that way for me.

Row 6. Again. 🙄

E6EF633B-490D-4D5B-96EA-722D3C05694B.jpeg

The upside to sitting in back is not being prominently featured in the ride photo (looking at you, nose-wiper in Row 3.)

EC80387D-AE3C-41A7-8B24-957A0B247E88.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I feel for Woody - I was starting to come down with something the day we spent at HS. I don’t even think I stayed 2 hours that day. Between not feeling great AND heavy crowds (it was 3 Jan) all I wanted was to get someplace peaceful. My DD happily agreed to return to the resort with me (she knows when her mamma has hit a wall) and she even helped me do the laundry that afternoon (with grumbling!).
You traveled across the ocean only to get sick?
1E56D095-8D30-4AC1-A7A1-76F7BB1634C7.jpeg

Hope you bounced back quickly!

What time were you guys at the dock at WL?! My time stamp of our pic on the boat that morning headed to Trails End, shows 8:19am! Could that be your MK boat in the background?!
Unlikely, unless it sat there for a reaaallly long time. My time stamp of Woody on the boat is 9 am.

I think I enjoy Woody!!!
:cautious: :cyclops: :joyfull:

Oh heck, you missed your chance!! :facepalm:

You could have said, "Yes! On Wednesdays, everything's a walk-on!" :p
That would have been a GREAT comeback!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hint as to where Woody and I went next.

9C6740E0-172A-4096-A70D-421647C746EE.jpeg

Woody does not believe the backstory of the different color pavement in Liberty Square. Specifically that the brown path represents raw sewage. Absolutely gross if it’s true....but why the difference if it doesn’t?

0B571C70-19C8-4D55-8915-08F2F7080A79.jpeg

Not a single soul waiting to enter the ghostly retreat.

4D13491B-CD86-460C-81B8-AB4AACE34278.jpeg

The red rose atop Master Gracey’s tombstone looked fresh.

290C2361-6599-41C8-A844-073B14DF5F9C.jpeg

Playful spooks had interrupted our tour before we got the chance to board a doombuggy.

12601C95-0D76-4939-8E5D-754FB9B65E97.jpeg

Proof we eventually got on one!

4581EEB8-66AD-48FD-B57D-63EE8BFC4F54.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We made a stop at the Tangled restroom. Frying pan for @figmentfan423 (promise you won’t use it on @Mr Ferret 88 ....he still needs to finish his TR from last fall. ;) )

384EEA85-9AD7-4A57-96C4-85B0366D6A19.jpeg

The Dyson air dryers have been removed from the Ladies room, though Woody said they are still in the Men’s room. Woody also mentioned seeing men vape in the restroom. He said it was a fairly common sight and that it’s impossible for a vaper to be “discreet” no matter how hard he tries.

While on our way to our first FP we checked out the newly-refurbished star traders (note the lowercase s and t ~ an attempt to be trendy?)

B9368385-F383-40A2-90C9-3482B6E6ED00.jpeg

No surprise that the interior is generically bland like the current Disney style found elsewhere. The tee shirt display had visual interest though.

C48DA1F7-6C94-4B84-A499-2AC350554CB5.jpeg

Skyliner shirt in Tomorrowland? Yep, that’s a perfect fit....for 1975!

C6531F32-7B29-428E-9805-790B3CD0CD1A.jpeg

At least the Space Mountain shirt is positioned properly.

1E6B7A1E-278E-476F-8C6B-0D298466B02F.jpeg

Another item for you, @Rista1313!

B94255A8-2CF2-401D-B9DA-66009B418936.jpeg

Now I am going to rant. One of my pet peeves is the wearing of pajamas in public places. Pajamas are for sleeping or lounging AT HOME. They are not appropriate attire for restaurants, stores or theme parks, unless you are a baby. (Is it really that hard to get dressed?) We noticed many people at the MVMCP we attended last year wearing pajamas. (Why?) Apparently Disney noticed too.....because now they are selling adult onesie pajamas. With zippers. Just like a baby’s. :banghead: :greedy:

AF144923-218F-478E-932E-42F03B3A957B.jpeg

And glittery “Arendelle Aqua” Crocs are supposed to complete the ensemble?

This Boomer is not OK.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We made a stop at the Tangled restroom. Frying pan for @figmentfan423 (promise you won’t use it on @Mr Ferret 88 ....he still needs to finish his TR from last fall. ;) )

View attachment 441181

The Dyson air dryers have been removed from the Ladies room, though Woody said they are still in the Men’s room. Woody also mentioned seeing men vape in the restroom. He said it was a fairly common sight and that it’s impossible for a vaper to be “discreet” no matter how hard he tries.

While on our way to our first FP we checked out the newly-refurbished star traders (note the lowercase s and t ~ an attempt to be trendy?)

View attachment 441182

No surprise that the interior is generically bland like the current Disney style found elsewhere. The tee shirt display had visual interest though.

View attachment 441183

View attachment 441184

View attachment 441185

View attachment 441186

Now I am going to rant. One of my pet peeves is the wearing of pajamas in public places. Pajamas are for sleeping or lounging AT HOME. They are not appropriate attire for restaurants, stores or theme parks, unless you are a baby. (Is it really that hard to get dressed?) We noticed many people at the MVMCP we attended last year wearing pajamas. (Why?) Apparently Disney noticed too.....because now they are selling adult onesie pajamas. With zippers. Just like a baby’s. :banghead: :greedy:

View attachment 441187

This Boomer is not OK.
Actually I can make that promise because he's been having some "issues" lately and I'm quite worried about him

Rista1313

View attachment 441181

View attachment 441182

View attachment 441183

View attachment 441184

View attachment 441185

View attachment 441186

View attachment 441187

This Boomer is not OK.
I read somewhere that wearing xmas pjs to the xmas party was a "thing" Why? I dunno!

93boomer

Premium Member

View attachment 441181

View attachment 441182

View attachment 441183

View attachment 441184

View attachment 441185

View attachment 441186

View attachment 441187

This Boomer is not OK.
I totally do not understand the need for wearing pjs in public either. Why is it even a trend??

MissViv

View attachment 441181

View attachment 441182

View attachment 441183

View attachment 441184

View attachment 441185

View attachment 441186

View attachment 441187

This Boomer is not OK.

Pajamas in public !!! YUCK!! I see customers in them at Wal-Mart all the time.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

View attachment 441181

View attachment 441182

View attachment 441183

View attachment 441184

View attachment 441185

View attachment 441186

View attachment 441187

This Boomer is not OK.
I'm sorry but i don't think that one will ever be finished. Will be continuing the cruise one later today and tomorrow morning. My apologies young lady 💐

riverside

Now I am going to rant. One of my pet peeves is the wearing of pajamas in public places. Pajamas are for sleeping or lounging AT HOME. They are not appropriate attire for restaurants, stores or theme parks, unless you are a baby. (Is it really that hard to get dressed?)
I see it quite often at my work. I love when they wear their slippers too :banghead: Every now & again someone comes in with curlers in--no joke.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thank you for the kitty picture 😊. Although while the last 24 hours at WDW and on the plane ride home I didn’t feel great, I didn’t feel that terrible either - yet whatever I came down with was deemed bad enough by the doctor to get me an additional week of “vacation” (mostly an annoying virus, but I try to be really stingy with germs and not share them at the office so I happily complied with the doctor’s certificate).

I think you’ve mentioned before that a party of two gets you in the back row at Pirates - you need to come ride it over here, because my DD and I are more often than not in the front row... Plus I think our Big Thunder is even better than WDW’s. 😃

PacNWTigger

Thank you for the kitty picture 😊. Although while the last 24 hours at WDW and on the plane ride home I didn’t feel great, I didn’t feel that terrible either - yet whatever I came down with was deemed bad enough by the doctor to get me an additional week of “vacation” (mostly an annoying virus, but I try to be really stingy with germs and not share them at the office so I happily complied with the doctor’s certificate).

I think you’ve mentioned before that a party of two gets you in the back row at Pirates - you need to come ride it over here, because my DD and I are more often than not in the front row... Plus I think our Big Thunder is even better than WDW’s. 😃
I concur w/ @Swissmiss about Big Thunder being better at DLP. It is pretty darn amazing if you ask me!!

MickeyCB

AF144923-218F-478E-932E-42F03B3A957B.jpeg

I'm thinking about the more practical issue of how annoying it would be to try to use a public ladies room in a one piece jammie?! o_O
Just sayin....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom