Trip Report It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas! *COMPLETED*

The soothing croon of Michael Bublé kept reverberating in my mind as I pondered starting yet another trip report. Like summer, the Christmas season makes me happy. Going to WDW during the Christmas season makes me VERY HAPPY. The joy of sharing my trips with my WDWMAGIC friends makes me happier still. Thank you for the encouragement to keep on writing!

Holiday Vacation #1
When: November 16-23, 2019
Where: Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Who: Tuvalu and Woody

Looky! I finally got a Magic Shot!

8C56E00E-3234-4EFE-BE77-9111D4282F2B.jpeg

Okay, so it’s a bit creepy. But it leaves no doubt that this was a CHRISTMAS trip.

In mid-November. :hilarious:

But hey, we had Halloween in August!

And yours truly was very excited to experience Christmas decor at the resorts and in 3 of the 4 parks. (Epcot was still in full “Food and Wine” mode.) It wasn’t always this festive in November. We’ve been this same week in the past and outside of MK, there was very little decorating completed. I was so disappointed the year we stayed at WL (very close to turkey day) and missed out on the holiday stuff. I was worried the same thing would happen again. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Woody, on the other hand, is a “Let’s celebrate Thanksgiving before shifting our focus to Christmas” kind of guy. Growing up, his family did not put up their tree until CHRISTMAS EVE. (Can you imagine?!!) Over the years he has mellowed, thanks to my influence, and better tolerates the Christmas creep. Yet I was concerned that his inner Scrooge might reveal itself during this vacation.

I needn’t have worried. But I’m getting ahead of myself again.

Our week consisted of some new experiences and old experiences....some frustrations....some drama (of course!)....and a very magical meet.

Stay tuned.

Minnesota disney fan

I'm chiming in!
My Dad always put the Christmas tree up after we went to bed on Christmas Eve. They told us that Santa brought the tree and the presents! I bought that explanation until I was older and we started putting the tree up before Christmas. It must be the older generation that did that because the trees were live and they wouldn't last more than a week, which was stretching it in our case.
Anyway, happy for another Tuvalu TR:)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I won the jackpot. My first Tuvalo TR was a triple, and now we have a new one to look forward to
Yay! Excited to see this report. Brightened my father lousy day. Looking forward to reading!
Ready for another great trip report! We did the Disney Christmas at Thanksgiving a year ago and loved it!
Too early at 6am UK time to add in that I was following (still half asleep and getting ready for work!!) But did spot the new report and waited till I was home to respond. Not sure what number I am but here still.🤗🤗🎄🎄🎄
This is how I feel that y’all are here:
CFED5537-6FC2-4DFE-AF9C-234566498F56.gif

I'm chiming in!
My Dad always put the Christmas tree up after we went to bed on Christmas Eve. They told us that Santa brought the tree and the presents! I bought that explanation until I was older and we started putting the tree up before Christmas. It must be the older generation that did that because the trees were live and they wouldn't last more than a week, which was stretching it in our case.
Anyway, happy for another Tuvalu TR:)
I think this was the case in Woody’s family as well.

Just finished decorating my free so it really is "looking a lot like Christmas" this side of the pond. Looking forward to following along 😁
Decorating your free? :hilarious:

Looking forward to the magic.
Big Hair! How have you been? Nice to see you again!

wdwfamilynh

I’m late, but I’m in! With the snow we saw this weekend (and the snow that is falling right now) and the Christmas tree we hauled home today, it’s really starting to look like Christmas by us :happy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, November 16

This trip ~ at least the second half of it ~ was booked nearly a year ago. If you’ve followed my TRs for any length of time, you may recall that my Christmas trips typically fall in December. And for the last three years, Em and I have been fortunate to celebrate her 12/2 birthday in the World.

The lateness of Thanksgiving this year rendered it impossible for Em to take time off for another Disney birthday. So I intentionally backed up my holiday vacay into November to spare her the disappointment of being unable to join us. I crossed my fingers that I would get to “see Christmas” early, since there was no December Disney in my plans.

I expected Woody and I would fly down for our 4 nights at the Wilderness Lodge. Then after my horrid flying experiences earlier this year I decided driving would be the way to go. Yet driving often leads to vacation extension....and that’s exactly why we found ourselves leaving this morning, three days early!

We made our usual stop for breakfast.

E6DB2A9D-3F08-4940-B66A-4F93CBE8E7F1.jpeg

Where, @Rista1313, I had the WORST chicken biscuit of my life.

04BF6BE7-B81C-4D51-B890-4A5664E59E54.jpeg

No, I had not taken a bite before taking this picture. The biscuit wasn’t sliced correctly. It was difficult to eat. I would have returned it and asked for another one, but the line was long and not worth the effort.

A few hours later we crossed the border into the SUNSHINE STATE. Doesn’t it look warm and inviting?

2CAB6DB2-5BD1-45CF-830C-95C188DD81E7.jpeg

Gray, windy and temps in the 50s had followed us down from Atlanta. Super. (Actually I blame @Gabe1 ~ she’d brought the Arctic Chicago weather to WDW a few days earlier!)

My spirits were buoyed by our lunch destination. This one’s for you, @epcotisbest!

42D64287-5C00-4375-82AA-B5A50C31750D.jpeg

A044D68F-06B4-4DDB-9C6A-10B08D7CB252.jpeg

The sweetest sight of the journey! With Christmas wreaths!

C21C3A7F-5005-4457-AD19-861FC7C6BDC1.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So what was my motivation for choosing this resort?

1F29B221-37A7-4396-89FA-C8A48241F730.jpeg

The Blazing Buckets of Death!

3AB9A064-3B20-44B5-835D-AD420399269E.jpeg

Yes my friends, Tuvalu is a brave and fearless conqueror!

I’d received our room text an hour earlier and was pleased to be in my favorite decade again.

52C144F9-EB29-45A6-A967-F364E6FF6DDD.jpeg

Disco rules!

While I have stayed at Pop Century several times, this was only Woody’s second stay. He’s not a big fan of the value resorts. However he was willing to try a recently refurbished room with access to the Skyliner.

He was enamored with the giant Big Wheel in front of our building. 😁

4775472C-347B-4D40-B6AD-5E4FA3A914C4.jpeg

Would he like the inside?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom