Trip Report It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas! *COMPLETED*

The soothing croon of Michael Bublé kept reverberating in my mind as I pondered starting yet another trip report. Like summer, the Christmas season makes me happy. Going to WDW during the Christmas season makes me VERY HAPPY. The joy of sharing my trips with my WDWMAGIC friends makes me happier still. Thank you for the encouragement to keep on writing!

Holiday Vacation #1
When: November 16-23, 2019
Where: Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Who: Tuvalu and Woody

Looky! I finally got a Magic Shot!

8C56E00E-3234-4EFE-BE77-9111D4282F2B.jpeg

Okay, so it’s a bit creepy. But it leaves no doubt that this was a CHRISTMAS trip.

In mid-November. :hilarious:

But hey, we had Halloween in August!

And yours truly was very excited to experience Christmas decor at the resorts and in 3 of the 4 parks. (Epcot was still in full “Food and Wine” mode.) It wasn’t always this festive in November. We’ve been this same week in the past and outside of MK, there was very little decorating completed. I was so disappointed the year we stayed at WL (very close to turkey day) and missed out on the holiday stuff. I was worried the same thing would happen again. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Woody, on the other hand, is a “Let’s celebrate Thanksgiving before shifting our focus to Christmas” kind of guy. Growing up, his family did not put up their tree until CHRISTMAS EVE. (Can you imagine?!!) Over the years he has mellowed, thanks to my influence, and better tolerates the Christmas creep. Yet I was concerned that his inner Scrooge might reveal itself during this vacation.

I needn’t have worried. But I’m getting ahead of myself again.

Our week consisted of some new experiences and old experiences....some frustrations....some drama (of course!)....and a very magical meet.

Stay tuned.

riverside

I have to say, I have been having a hard time with chicken for the past 6 months or so. I buy it and some pieces are just horrible. Rubbery. Chewy. Even at restaurants we go to all the time this will happen. And now, the last two weeks or so, I see the grocery stores have low chicken inventory. Does anyone know what is going on? (Provided something is going on. I have talked to friends and they agree but maybe it’s a Long Island thing?) @riverside do you have any knowledge of any chicken problems?
No issues in the poultry business right now! It’s business as usual for us. It sounds like a big lack in quality(possibly a lot of cutting corners) but I’m really not sure how much that can happen bc the plants etc. have inspectors in them all the time.

I’ve had too many issues with chicken just like that at restaurants over the years so I tend not to order it. I had an undercooked piece once & it made me sick to my stomach.:hungover::hungover::hungover:

slipperalwaysfits

I finally caught up, after being completely slammed this week!

As for the Animal Kingdom guess, I was shocked because ...you NEVER :jawdrop: o_O:bookworm:

I had no idea what was being referenced but was tempted to reply, “There’s ALWAYS a line.”
It’s Disney, after all

Ain't that the truth!

We accomplished much this morning despite missing rope drop by over half an hour.

YAY for accomplishments!

Skyliner shirt in Tomorrowland? Yep, that’s a perfect fit....for 1975!
At least the Space Mountain shirt is positioned properly.

Those shirts are awesome and my DH would definitely wear them!

Every now & again someone comes in with curlers in--no joke.

I understand the work out clothes for a grocery store run but full on PJ's for a grocery store run or a theme park? That just sounds a little bit like people don't care about their appearance. And curlers, really? How much of a hurry are these people in? :banghead::banghead::jawdrop::cyclops:

Ornament close-ups
Woody said it was one of his best BOG meals in recent history. The turkey was tender, the baguette was the perfect combo of soft/crisp and the fries were hot and not too salty. And....unlike at Le Cellier.....the manager actually stopped by our table to ask if everything was to our liking!

Next time we go at Christmas, I will have to look at those ornaments, they are lovely!! Also, I'm so glad your BOG dinner was delish!

We were on our way to use our final FP at Pooh. Upon our arrival, I noticed the touch point was covered by a wooden box. A CM with an iPad scanned our bands instead.
I've noticed CMs are really good about being where they need to be with a touch pad if the scanner is down! I do hope you find DREAM FINDER Pooh, though because it doesn't look like Poly is giving it up anytime soon!

But I adore the MK at night and Disney has now made that more difficult during party seasons unless you fork over more $$.

This is why so many are willing to pay for more night access....

Castle lights never grow old. :inlove:

NEVER EVER. :angelic:;):jawdrop::jawdrop::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek:

Grilled chicken sandwich with French fries.

Sorry your dinner didn't taste good. We have good luck at Cosmic Rays when we go, usually. Hope your next experience is better!

Got the back and didn’t have to ask!

A little extra Disney Magic for you!!

Not exactly what I wanted, but props to my beloved for his thoughtfulness!

THIS. THIS HAPPENS SO MANY TIMES TO MY HUBS AND ME. Whenever I notice spontaneous thoughtfulness, I'm really touched. You and Woody are a great match!

lindawdw

It's too bad that Disney is charging an awful lot for these event parties and can't put out decent cookies and hot chocolate for their guests! I just don't get the whole PJ fad of wearing them out in public places either. I was in the Michael's craft store last month when I noticed two young people (around 21 I think) were in their pajamas and slippers!!! Do they climb back into bed at night after wearing them out all day? It's all so strange to me!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, November 22

After our late MVMCP night we expected to sleep in....but nope! Since we had no morning park plans, we took our time getting ready and opted for breakfast in Roaring Fork.

Hello, sunshine!

2C978338-D450-4210-8EF1-59E2B35D12BA.jpeg

Pet peeve: stroller being stored in the hall.

CB524FA3-43E5-418D-9306-E001CA71D419.jpeg

Bigger pet peeve: watching able-bodied sister (age 7-ish) and able-bodied brother (age 9-ish) climb into double stroller.

My friend @bee often takes pictures of odd things on the floor, so this one’s for her!
C124FD00-3856-40D9-9D24-62ED6FC9542D.jpeg

Woody had a hankering for Mickey waffles.

439CC762-B6E7-4EF5-92AD-3D7B5F2BD8D1.jpeg

I was all-in too, until discovering the only available topping now was packaged syrup. No more strawberries, whipped cream or chocolate chips. :arghh:

I made do with a muffin instead.

69DDDBE0-5BC2-4E58-832E-C01111FD3C48.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The challenge to find Dream Friend Pooh for my brother wouldn’t be hard. Pooh was only available in ONE location. But would there be any left when we got there?

We set out immediately after breakfast. And we didn’t have to go far.

4B402241-0B6D-422C-83F6-DFC6A4DB2062.jpeg

@bee, we’re on a BOAT!

47029529-1BBD-4FBD-9FE8-50D8AA791A41.jpeg

It took us to Ft. Wilderness. Did we disembark?

D4E75220-F04D-4F21-8968-B54C57642C54.jpeg

Nope. And neither did anyone else. No one boarded either. But at this time of day, the boat was required to make the full route circuit. Woody and I didn’t mind as it was lovely being out on the water.

B4A828D8-B1F5-45C7-BE52-7B816B8B6A7F.jpeg

I spy with my little eye......a Castle!

F392B808-6CDB-4B85-A8C9-2ED0F45954FE.jpeg

I loved seeing the reflection of Bay Lake Tower and the Contemporary in the water.

DF89A9EF-8BD6-4E03-ADB3-B380E1568E39.jpeg

The boat docked and we headed inside.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The CM last night had told us Pooh “was at the store in the Contemporary.” But she didn’t say which store. After a few fruitless and frustrating minutes in B*V*G, we thought to check the other store.

B9D16058-4F1C-4389-9B80-CED7CCB87199.jpeg

Yes, the other store with all the children’s merchandise and toys. :facepalm:

There were two Sleeping Poohs on the shelf with other Dream Friends. I am not ashamed to say I literally grabbed him. Moments later his twin was gone, being cuddled by a special-needs tween.

We returned to the dock.

A434D4B0-F914-4B90-93F9-984988BACB66.jpeg

I sent this picture to my brother.

6A962CFB-334D-4C94-A501-303759DE2984.jpeg

He was very appreciative. His reply also contained another request.....“if you have time.”

I always make time for family.

Although had I known what a sacrifice it would be (story to come) I would have replied, “Sorry we can’t.”

Hindsight. Sigh.

I put Pooh back in the plastic bag so he would not get wet from any water spray. Woody held on to the bag tightly.

85BC8CA1-C712-45AD-AE15-4AFA53E63B5B.jpeg

Hello again, Wilderness Lodge!

E451CB56-A460-4406-B367-3B0D811D2A85.jpeg

Soon-to-be M’s Pooh joined my Pooh for a joint nap.

92D17C39-3825-4185-9F10-1BBC425C4FED.jpeg

The 40 winks helped prepare him for his big debut on Christmas morning.

AE1A2A4E-A188-479B-B04E-6736725FFC16.jpeg

And M was thrilled!

93boomer

Premium Member
The CM last night had told us Pooh “was at the store in the Contemporary.” But she didn’t say which store. After a few fruitless and frustrating minutes in B*V*G, we thought to check the other store.

View attachment 442760

There were two Sleeping Poohs on the shelf with other Dream Friends. I am not ashamed to say I literally grabbed him. Moments later his twin was gone, being cuddled by a special-needs tween.

We returned to the dock.

View attachment 442761

View attachment 442762
He was very appreciative. His reply also contained another request.....“if you have time.”

Although had I known what a sacrifice it would be (story to come) I would have replied, “Sorry we can’t.”

Hindsight. Sigh.

I put Pooh back in the plastic bag so he would not get wet from any water spray. Woody held on to the bag tightly.

View attachment 442763

View attachment 442764

View attachment 442765

View attachment 442766
And M was thrilled!
Awwww

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
We were not wowed by the cookies this year. Not just from Diamond Horseshoe. All cookies were pre-packaged and most tasted liked they were baked weeks ago. Disappointing.

We were gifted some party cookies by my parents. DH and I each tried one bite and ended up tossing them all out. Figured then it was the extra travel days but it sounds like they were already gross.

Loco_driver

I have been tempted to randomly move a stroller to the end of the hall just to freak the owners out. I haven’t done it yet. Also boo to the Mickey waffle toppings being gone! The strawberries with whipped cream was my go to at WL!

MegRuss626

Teach them a real lesson
Move up or down a couple floors at the same room number
That will make them think twice

Max

I like the way you think!

“There’s more room in the hall than in our room.” Fold it.

You’d think that would be the logic! We have a jogging stroller and an umbrella stroller and both fold down enough that they wouldn’t be in the way 🤷🏻‍♀️ We had plenty of room to leave our jogging stroller open in the room during our last stay....little did I know that I was doing it wrong 😂

krisri18

View attachment 442760

We returned to the dock.

View attachment 442761

View attachment 442762

Hindsight. Sigh.

View attachment 442763

View attachment 442764

View attachment 442765

View attachment 442766
And M was thrilled!
Sleepy Pooh is adorable! If there's a sleepy Eeyore, I've got a special needs teen at work that I may have to snag one for!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom