Trip Report It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas! *COMPLETED*

The soothing croon of Michael Bublé kept reverberating in my mind as I pondered starting yet another trip report. Like summer, the Christmas season makes me happy. Going to WDW during the Christmas season makes me VERY HAPPY. The joy of sharing my trips with my WDWMAGIC friends makes me happier still. Thank you for the encouragement to keep on writing!

Holiday Vacation #1
When: November 16-23, 2019
Where: Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Who: Tuvalu and Woody

Looky! I finally got a Magic Shot!

8C56E00E-3234-4EFE-BE77-9111D4282F2B.jpeg

Okay, so it’s a bit creepy. But it leaves no doubt that this was a CHRISTMAS trip.

In mid-November. :hilarious:

But hey, we had Halloween in August!

And yours truly was very excited to experience Christmas decor at the resorts and in 3 of the 4 parks. (Epcot was still in full “Food and Wine” mode.) It wasn’t always this festive in November. We’ve been this same week in the past and outside of MK, there was very little decorating completed. I was so disappointed the year we stayed at WL (very close to turkey day) and missed out on the holiday stuff. I was worried the same thing would happen again. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Woody, on the other hand, is a “Let’s celebrate Thanksgiving before shifting our focus to Christmas” kind of guy. Growing up, his family did not put up their tree until CHRISTMAS EVE. (Can you imagine?!!) Over the years he has mellowed, thanks to my influence, and better tolerates the Christmas creep. Yet I was concerned that his inner Scrooge might reveal itself during this vacation.

I needn’t have worried. But I’m getting ahead of myself again.

Our week consisted of some new experiences and old experiences....some frustrations....some drama (of course!)....and a very magical meet.

Stay tuned.

Loco_driver

I can relate to your gingerbread house story. It seems like I get stuck behind that situation pretty often everywhere I go. Thank goodness for online ordering now, I used to be really terrible at picking a line at the supermarket!

Oh bother!

When we finished eating, we stood in the middle of Sunset Blvd. to watch the holiday projection show on the Tower of Terror. It plays continuously and we made sure to watch all the vignettes. There’s also plenty of snoap, @Oh bother! :happy:

View attachment 443313

I still pine for the Osborne Lights but have come to appreciate this show, as well as the extra illumination throughout the park.

The Peppermint Girls were aglow.
View attachment 443314

Toy Story Land is always festive at night.

View attachment 443317

But Rex’s antlers add a holiday touch.

View attachment 443315

View attachment 443316

As we scanned our bands we witnessed an angry family arguing with a CM about why they couldn’t use a Multiple Experience pass to ride SDD. (Ummm because it says so on the ME pass? Learn to read, folks!)

For anyone who thinks this is a kiddie coaster, I invite you to ride in the last car in the dark.....it’s super scary!

View attachment 443318
Oh no I think I missed this opportunity to see more snoap!
Looks like you had another fab trip x

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I haven't got to ride on Slinky Dog yet and could not get a fast pass for my upcoming trip in March. Maybe we can get them after we arrive - not very hopeful?
Keep checking, especially the day you visit DHS. You may get lucky!

I’ve got my fingers crossed for the end of April! Because I’ve half watched the first Star Wars only and have no interest in riding MF....cmon SDD! 🤞🏻
“Half-watched” :hilarious:

Oh no I think I missed this opportunity to see more snoap!
I’m surprised you missed it! :jawdrop:

Your SDD picture is priceless. Not a care in the world.
If only the rest of life could be that way! :joyfull:

Worth a trip to HS just for the ambiance of the nice dinner and a ride on SDD!
Indeed!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, con’t

@Longers, we had to get in one more ice cream before vacation was over. :hungry: Having access to a soft serve machine in Roaring Fork was just so convenient! We filled our bowls (no sharing) and brought our treats up to the room. We were pleasantly surprised to be able to watch the Castle-lighting ceremony (performed during MVMCP at 8:15 pm) as we enjoyed our ice cream.

DA9BDAA1-861D-48F9-840E-A0B7A193885D.jpeg

Then we did as much packing as we could before our morning departure. Of course our day ended with a spectacular finish!

E9076ED5-8A86-4681-BD31-5951E9A05C7F.jpeg

35E2034F-8CF4-4566-9886-78A7327BD269.jpeg

Woody and I had an uneventful trip home and I began the 4-week countdown until my return with Em.

Part Tu coming up!

susan lees

Woody and I could have easily stayed longer in the park (thanks to perfect weather and low crowds) but we’d be returning that evening for MVMCP and decided a break would be the better choice.

On our way out I discovered no one was waiting for the Where in the World photo op and good-sport Woody agreed to stop.

A zoom video is included with this photo op and it’s even more fun than the still pictures. Our granddaughter Tuvalette was mesmerized watching it.

View attachment 441864

View attachment 441865

Hub tree ornaments not nearly as 😍as those on the BOG tree.

View attachment 441867

An express monorail glided past as we were exiting. I overheard a conversation behind us.

“The monorail goes underneath Disneyland and becomes the subway.”

Ummmm, not in California. An Asian park, perhaps? Or was this just an ignorant comment? (Help me out @amjt660 or @bee.)

Woody and I just missed the ferry for the Lodge so we went to the bus stop. There was just one other person waiting ~ a very heavily-perfumed woman.

There was no escaping the pungent aroma. We stood in a thick cloud of fragrance for nearly 20 minutes. We were dying.

Please oh please be our bus, Donald!

View attachment 441866

THANK GOODNESS!!

View attachment 441868

Chanel no. 5 boarded first and went to the back of the bus. Woody and I plopped down next to the driver.

We both popped a Tylenol when we got back to the room.
Was the chap in blue sunbathing/sleeping/collapsed!!! lol.

lindawdw

I will always miss the Osborne Light show but I've also come to appreciate the Projection Show on TOT and Billboards. Your pull pork bowls looked delicious and you had the perfect viewing spot for the lights at BATB! Your nightcap of soft serve ice cream was the perfect way to end your night and you certainly had an incredible balcony view for the MK Fireworks show to enjoy it! I'm so sad that this TR has come to an end because I so enjoy reading about your adventures but am looking forward to your next TR with Em at WDW!!! Thanks for taking the time to write such an entertaining TR for all of us. :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It just didn’t keep my interest and I zoned out a good bit. So I’ve technically seen it but don’t ask me a thing about it 🤷🏻‍♀️
Your post made me laugh because we’re two peas in a pod! I saw the original on the big screen in 1977. I was so bored and couldn’t wait for the movie to be over. Haven’t watched anything Star Wars related since.

I will always miss the Osborne Light show but I've also come to appreciate the Projection Show on TOT and Billboards. Your pull pork bowls looked delicious and you had the perfect viewing spot for the lights at BATB! Your nightcap of soft serve ice cream was the perfect way to end your night and you certainly had an incredible balcony view for the MK Fireworks show to enjoy it! I'm so sad that this TR has come to an end because I so enjoy reading about your adventures but am looking forward to your next TR with Em at WDW!!! Thanks for taking the time to write such an entertaining TR for all of us. :)
Thanks for reading and commenting!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Part Tu ~ Christmastime is Here!

The happy voices of the Peanuts gang set the tone for my second holiday trip of the season. I did not expect to travel to the World four days before Christmas.....what crazy person does that? I have been that crazy person in the past and vowed never again. (Too much prep work for Christmas to complete before leaving town, not to mention the crazy crowd levels at the parks.)

But I am lousy at keeping Disney vows. Especially when my darling daughter is involved. Proof here.

Em loves Disney during the holidays as much as I do and was super bummed that her teacher’s schedule did not allow for an early December visit this year. 2019 had been a difficult year for our family so when Woody suggested a last-minute girls’ trip, Em and I jumped at the chance.

Holiday Vacation #2
When: December 21-24, 2019
Where: Port Orleans French Quarter
Who: Tuvalu and Em

Déjà vu Magic Shot!

D6207203-C7BE-41AD-A3F8-77C0DFBF9223.jpeg

But this PP pic was our favorite.

76B9C94D-3D36-4364-B59B-6490BABE86C8.jpeg

It was cold. Lots of rain. Incredibly crowded.

But a once-in-a-lifetime event was the prize for our endurance.

I can’t wait to get started.

slipperalwaysfits

2019 had been a difficult year for our family so when Woody suggested a last-minute girls’ trip, Em and I jumped at the chance

Our 2019 was absolutely awful, as well. That's why we are determined to go this year.

But a once-in-a-lifetime event was the prize for our endurance.

OOOOOOOOOOHhhhhhhhhh, suspense!

Adorable pics and we all know @riverside approves of your hotel choice!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom