Trip Report It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas! *COMPLETED*

The soothing croon of Michael Bublé kept reverberating in my mind as I pondered starting yet another trip report. Like summer, the Christmas season makes me happy. Going to WDW during the Christmas season makes me VERY HAPPY. The joy of sharing my trips with my WDWMAGIC friends makes me happier still. Thank you for the encouragement to keep on writing!

Holiday Vacation #1
When: November 16-23, 2019
Where: Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Who: Tuvalu and Woody

Looky! I finally got a Magic Shot!

8C56E00E-3234-4EFE-BE77-9111D4282F2B.jpeg

Okay, so it’s a bit creepy. But it leaves no doubt that this was a CHRISTMAS trip.

In mid-November. :hilarious:

But hey, we had Halloween in August!

And yours truly was very excited to experience Christmas decor at the resorts and in 3 of the 4 parks. (Epcot was still in full “Food and Wine” mode.) It wasn’t always this festive in November. We’ve been this same week in the past and outside of MK, there was very little decorating completed. I was so disappointed the year we stayed at WL (very close to turkey day) and missed out on the holiday stuff. I was worried the same thing would happen again. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Woody, on the other hand, is a “Let’s celebrate Thanksgiving before shifting our focus to Christmas” kind of guy. Growing up, his family did not put up their tree until CHRISTMAS EVE. (Can you imagine?!!) Over the years he has mellowed, thanks to my influence, and better tolerates the Christmas creep. Yet I was concerned that his inner Scrooge might reveal itself during this vacation.

I needn’t have worried. But I’m getting ahead of myself again.

Our week consisted of some new experiences and old experiences....some frustrations....some drama (of course!)....and a very magical meet.

Stay tuned.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The drapes had been open when we left the room this afternoon and now this lovely sight greeted us.

37B20A66-DC67-4C07-85B0-9F27CC2EC3BB.jpeg

@MissViv you were right ~ we had a perfect view of Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime fireworks!

73C4D196-8F4D-4E2C-89A8-D54CA5EB321E.jpeg

Unlike HEA, the MVMCP show includes perimeter fireworks. 😍

8B002165-1DC6-4A57-AD71-4A4DBD73CE1B.jpeg

7C9FE49C-89CC-466B-803F-A534A9EE3E79.jpeg

(If only I had @fractal or @sheriffwoody ’s photography skills and equipment! Sigh.)

What a grand ending to a great day.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, November 20

Woody and I had so enjoyed our “unplanned” time at Epcot yesterday and awoke anticipating our “planned” Epcot day today. The forecast called for more sunshine (yay!) and we hoped to encounter the same low crowds.

After a light breakfast we went to catch the bus. The WL has three bus slots, one behind another. The Epcot bus was parked in the last slot just as we arrived. We boarded with several other guests and then the driver slowly pulled away and entered the travel lane.

What happened next still boggles my mind.

A woman and her two small children (both under 7 years old) RAN into the travel lane....directly in front of another bus(!)....wanting to board our bus. With his hands, our driver shooed them back to the sidewalk without opening the door. The woman and her kids stood there perplexed for a moment before realizing our driver was telling them to MOVE.

What mother in her right mind would run into the street with her young children in an attempt to chase down a bus (that was clearly leaving)??!!!

To make matters worse, our driver then rewarded Mom for her idiocy. He pulled into the first bus slot and opened the door.

“The rest of my family will be here in a sec,” Mom announced as she boarded the bus. In the distance I could see four family members running towards us.

That’s okay, we’ll all wait for YOUR family. Never mind we all boarded the bus safely!

Woody saw my furrowed brow and squeezed my hand, an indication I needed to “let it go.” I tried to relax but inside I was fuming.

I got happy by the time we arrived at Epcot. The new security area is SO. MUCH. BETTER.

B7762CA6-6D11-4D59-B06E-A3490A971F9A.jpeg

But......WALLS.

6BD88D1D-4605-40F1-913A-4A6A54F151CC.jpeg

05116D75-EF44-45D6-96C2-E00B6C9CF6FC.jpeg

D94F4528-DB3C-4ECA-96E3-E521AF8E3998.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
After a light breakfast we went to catch the bus. The WL has three bus slots, one behind another. The Epcot bus was parked in the last slot just as we arrived. We boarded with several other guests and then the driver slowly pulled away and entered the travel lane.

What happened next still boggles my mind.

A woman and her two small children (both under 7 years old) RAN into the travel lane....directly in front of another bus(!)....wanting to board our bus. With his hands, our driver shooed them back to the sidewalk without opening the door. The woman and her kids stood there perplexed for a moment before realizing our driver was telling them to MOVE.

What mother in her right mind would run into the street with her young children in an attempt to chase down a bus (that was clearly leaving)??!!!

To make matters worse, our driver then rewarded Mom for her idiocy. He pulled into the first bus slot and opened the door.

“The rest of my family will be here in a sec,” Mom announced as she boarded the bus. In the distance I could see four family members running towards us.

That’s okay, we’ll all wait for YOUR family. Never mind we all boarded the bus safely!

Woody saw my furrowed brow and squeezed my hand, an indication I needed to “let it go.” I tried to relax but inside I was fuming.

Just another day at WDW . . . :facepalm:

I've seen similar incidents, sad to say. My guess is that the driver pulled into an empty space to let them on board, because he was probably concerned that they'd do something even more stupid, if he didn't. I'm sure the bus drivers have to second guess certain guests, multiple times a day. (I'd never want their job.)

It was further annoying when the woman flagged him down to get on, and then tells him to wait for the rest of her family to get there?! That one took the cake! :banghead:

lindawdw

The stupidity and selfishness of some guests totally amaze me sometimes when we're on a trip at WDW. I've seen people do similar things although I don't remember a bus driver actually opening the door to let them on like this one did. Looks like another beautiful to enjoy Epcot!!!

k8einwdw

I would not want to be a bus driver at WDW. And they made you wait for their family? People are so selfish!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've seen people do similar things although I don't remember a bus driver actually opening the door to let them on like this one did.
Amazing the driver stopped for them.
The reason I became 😡.

My guess is that the driver pulled into an empty space to let them on board, because he was probably concerned that they'd do something even more stupid, if he didn't. I'm sure the bus drivers have to second guess certain guests, multiple times a day. (I'd never want their job.)
Good theory!

And they made you wait for their family? People are so selfish!
It was further annoying when the woman flagged him down to get on, and then tells him to wait for the rest of her family to get there?! That one took the cake! :banghead:
The reason I became 🤬!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Woody and I rope dropped Soarin’ because our Tier 1 FP was for another attraction. We didn’t have to stop in the standby queue until we reached the CM who directs you to either Concourse A, B, or C.

We were assigned Concourse C. Directly in front of us was a twenty-something male who seemed to be with two older women. He kept checking the time on his phone. I now have a new definition for the word

Narcissist ~ having a headshot of yourself as your screen saver

I really wish I was kidding.

Woody and I lucked out with Glider B, Row 1!

42755AE8-49A9-4FD1-9AD2-E943EAD66EA8.jpeg

A few minutes earlier I’d received a picture of a friend with the Sydney Harbour Bridge in the background captioned, “Look where I am!”

I kept my phone in my hand and snapped this.....

3CA3A271-F722-48DC-A306-EC06E9CE197E.jpeg

...and replied, “Me too!” :hilarious:

The Eiffel Tower may be blurry, but at least it’s straight!

A81C1FF2-8103-494D-B321-A3BCC9A4EE13.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I’d forgotten how long the walk is from the theater exit in Concourse C back to the ride entrance. More steps for the FitBit, LOL!

Our FP window for The Farm Ride was open. @93boomer had told me about a Hidden Mickey she looks for once she boards the boat. This isn’t it, but I think it counts as one?

19033F49-EB04-43FC-AFD5-71EEAB4E18AF.jpeg

Today we had a much sunnier cruise through the greenhouses!

4C57186F-67B0-4FA9-A0EE-96751404BA95.jpeg

CDE9C1A6-BFD6-411E-BC5C-CC91AA38ECB7.jpeg

Stop the presses! The one shrimp is back!!

6DF571AD-8438-4B1D-B549-7CDB47347E3A.jpeg

Woody was first to notice these lights. At the time the holiday overlay hadn’t been announced yet.

C0A814F1-7EA2-421D-9C2C-6A5BC22526DD.jpeg

I suggested visiting Nemo before our next FP. Typically there is not much of a wait to ride.

25 minutes for Nemo? Big fat nope!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Woody wanted to take a few photos including a moving monorail. We hung out in the same spot for several minutes until he captured what he wanted.

Here’s one before....

05187C5F-1C99-4494-834A-D516477B084A.jpeg

....and one after.

98B7A219-BC9A-4324-8BC6-10061A597C67.jpeg

Before we could make our way to Spaceship Earth I received notification that it was down and our FP had become a Multiple Experience pass. Since it was past 11 am, we decided to head to World Showcase for an early lunch and catch SSE on our way out of the park. (Spoiler Alert ~ SSE remained down all day. :arghh: )

Woody’s favorite pavilion to photograph is Canada, so we stopped there first so he could get his photo fix.

85686ACD-CAF6-48AB-9C6E-D699A8DDAF7A.jpeg

8C78C8DF-470D-4AC3-A272-FF65DCD63658.jpeg

2D0A22E2-33F8-4AE7-8137-5FC4D0FC6513.jpeg

2250AB3A-DFFA-4910-B905-148D2217F881.jpeg

Foreshadowing......

23FC6E81-68F2-4646-8745-4FB33EC69B35.jpeg

krisri18

Woody and I rope dropped Soarin’ because our Tier 1 FP was for another attraction. We didn’t have to stop in the standby queue until we reached the CM who directs you to either Concourse A, B, or C.

We were assigned Concourse C. Directly in front of us was a twenty-something male who seemed to be with two older women. He kept checking the time on his phone. I now have a new definition for the word

Narcissist ~ having a headshot of yourself as your screen saver

I really wish I was kidding.

Woody and I lucked out with Glider B, Row 1!

View attachment 440359

A few minutes earlier I’d received a picture of a friend with the Sydney Harbour Bridge in the background captioned, “Look where I am!”

I kept my phone in my hand and snapped this.....

View attachment 440360
...and replied, “Me too!” :hilarious:

The Eiffel Tower may be blurry, but at least it’s straight!

View attachment 440361
Yeah... I've got a coworker who has her screensaver and wallpaper on her phone BOTH set as photos of herself. Not to mention her wallpaper for her computer login...

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
The driver of the bus did wrong letting this irresponsible family board, chances are, they might try it again. Also, I don't like the message it sends to people who witnessed the incident. Some might try to do that themselves!

If I had a $1 for every time Frank has done this... I'd be a very rich woman by now! 💰😄

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuvalu! You have tapped into one of my pet peeves with your observation. I have two undergraduate work study students who do admin work for me.. BOTH of them have photos of themselves as their lock screens. Why? Does a mirror not suffice?!!

giphy.gif
Yeah... I've got a coworker who has her screensaver and wallpaper on her phone BOTH set as photos of herself. Not to mention her wallpaper for her computer login...
This is frightening on so many levels! 🤣

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Astute readers might have noticed the booklet in my hand in a previous post. This was the Food and Wine Festival guide. I was doing a once-over to affirm there wasn’t anything I’d regret not eating, if we chose to eat lunch at a restaurant rather than graze at the food booths.

However there was one item I’d regret not drinking, something that is only offered during Festivals. I decided I could pair that beverage with the QS food I’d been craving for a spectacular meal!

When we got to the kiosk it was closed!! :arghh: All the other booths we’d passed along the way were open. I was determined to wait, so we sat on a picnic bench with my eyes focused here:

C48592F1-D70E-472B-97E9-57B86D25CC28.jpeg

I saw a CM enter through that door and open the shutters, but when I went to the front to order it looked like this:

4864C4A9-8779-4041-AF2E-B45EA911BA9E.jpeg

The CM finally appeared and took her time wiping things down, messing with the taps, etc. Meanwhile I was drooling in anticipation of the nectar I’d been waiting so long to enjoy again.

@Tiggerish and @krisri18 know what it was......

157FDCBB-8087-4480-B64E-6D173B5E6826.jpeg

McKenzie’s Black Cherry Hard Cider. :hungry:

93boomer

Premium Member
Woody wanted to take a few photos including a moving monorail. We hung out in the same spot for several minutes until he captured what he wanted.

Here’s one before....

View attachment 440369

....and one after.

View attachment 440370

Before we could make our way to Spaceship Earth I received notification that it was down and our FP had become a Multiple Experience pass. Since it was past 11 am, we decided to head to World Showcase for an early lunch and catch SSE on our way out of the park. (Spoiler Alert ~ SSE remained down all day. :arghh: )

Woody’s favorite pavilion to photograph is Canada, so we stopped there first so he could get his photo fix.

View attachment 440372

View attachment 440371

View attachment 440373

View attachment 440374

Foreshadowing......

View attachment 440375
That’s my favorite spot in Canada too. I take pictures every trip!!

krisri18

Astute readers might have noticed the booklet in my hand in a previous post. This was the Food and Wine Festival guide. I was doing a once-over to affirm there wasn’t anything I’d regret not eating, if we chose to eat lunch at a restaurant rather than graze at the food booths.

However there was one item I’d regret not drinking, something that is only offered during Festivals. I decided I could pair that beverage with the QS food I’d been craving for a spectacular meal!

When we got to the kiosk it was closed!! :arghh: All the other booths we’d passed along the way were open. I was determined to wait, so we sat on a picnic bench with my eyes focused here:

View attachment 440460

I saw a CM enter through that door and open the shutters, but when I went to the front to order it looked like this:

View attachment 440461

The CM finally appeared and took her time wiping things down, messing with the taps, etc. Meanwhile I was drooling in anticipation of the nectar I’d been waiting so long to enjoy again.

@Tiggerish and @krisri18 know what it was......

View attachment 440462

McKenzie’s Black Cherry Hard Cider. :hungry:
I'd have waited too!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom