Pre-Trip It’s been 2 long years… Watch out Disney, here we come! 😉

Hello my fellow Disney lovers!
I’m excited to say that my family and I are going to Disney in less than 3 weeks.
Who’s going? Me (Stephanie) and my dh, Scott
DF986330-6210-4A88-AB96-418912388209.jpeg

We’re bring along these two monkeys, Cassidy (7) & Chelsea (4). And yes, they drive us “bananas”. 😆
E8B06C08-5EFE-48EA-9FDF-5EFD6DD698F5.jpeg

I’m doing this “pre-trip” report for a couple different reasons.
1. I’m super excited to be going to Disney again 😯 and want to share my excitement with you all.
2. I have been a part of this forum for a long time and have never posted a pre-trip or trip report.
3. I wanted to see how difficult or easy it would be to do it with pics… so far so good 😆

Okay, here’s what I have planned… the 411, if you will……….
when: Friday, August 13th - Friday, August 20th
where: staying all 7 nights at the always wonderful Swan hotel
why: 😂 because we love Disney and can’t wait to spend some actual quality family time together after this crazy past year and a half.
who: see above 😉

enjoy some pics of the Swan (from our trip 2 summers ago)

F30D7549-6A36-45E5-A9F1-AFB2921DCA76.jpeg
476590FC-E2F4-401D-ABD6-35D2AB67A17D.jpeg

E89F1266-DEEF-494A-B92B-9DBE357C1BFE.jpeg
925ACA0F-27B2-42F8-8D9A-F87F708C923C.jpeg

more to come……
stay tuned ❤️

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
If you're not already aware, right across from Dawa (which I am also a BIG fan of) is Tamu Tamu refreshments that has Dole Whips with rum that are delicious!
Thank you for this. I think I need to look at a map so I know where to go for these too…. THANKS!

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Day 6: Epcot- August 19th~ 11-9pm

Last park day…. and we saved the best (in our opinion) for last! We ALWAYS do Epcot as our last day. I plan on packing a little bit in the am and cleaning up a little too, as we have some time before the park opens at 11. There is a possibility that we do an am swim (lunch at the pool?), but that’s up in the air at the moment. We will definitely eat at Picabu for breakfast.

We’ve never done open to close at any park with our girls... ever!…. So, depending on their temperament, we may go from 11-9, but that’s a long day without a break and this is our second day at Epcot this trip… so, we’ll see.
We have ADRs at San Angel Inn - this kind of turned into a tradition on our last night, to eat here. We started it when Cassidy was a baby and have eaten there together on our last night, since.

So, yes, the last day is sad, but we will probably be happy to be going home. Traveling is a lot, especially with 2 small kids. We did a 10 nighter when Chelsea was 1 and Cassidy was 4 AND by day 6 we were regretting the extra days we had to stay. I love Disney, but it‘s a lot with kids (and babies for that matter). I have no regrets about any of our trips though. The home video and pictures and memories I’ll cherish forever! 💗

With all that said, 7 nights seems to be the magic number for us…. Maybe when they’re older we’ll do another 10 nighter 😀.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Day 7: travel day 😔

Going home today! We will miss Disney, I know it!

We have ADRs at Boardwalk at Trattoria al Forno for breakfast at 10…. I can’t wait for this!

Our flight leaves around 5. We plan to leave the hotel by 2:30.
I am thinking that I might see about getting a late checkout so we can swim…
So much up in the air… I like leaving wiggle room for changes of plans and for possibilities of going swimming.

A HUGE THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING ALONG!
When I start the TR I’ll post a link here!

❤️

Last edited:

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Update: 3 days to go and I’m in cleaning and packing mode…. I have a hair appointment today and then I take the girls tomorrow for their cuts. My bedroom looks like a mess… My “Disney Mountain” of random things has grown so much in the last couple days 😂 🏔 and I’ve done about 10 loads of laundry 😆 🧺

Anyone else clean their whole house right before they leave?

Last edited:

bee

Anyone else clean their whole house right before they leave?
YES. We leave Monday, and we did a thorough kitchen clean over the weekend so we just have to touch up before we go. We also did five loads of laundry (and we are just two people) and will do at least two more before we leave. We started cleaning the bathrooms and will finish this weekend. Most of the rest is just tidying as opposed to deep cleaning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom