Trip Report Surprise Visit. 2 nights, 1day, 4 Parks?

Why wouldn’t it be, right?

For those who don’t know, we had a 2 week Disney Cruise/WDW vacay scheduled last year. Due to issues at work I had to cut the trip to 9 days. Gave my son the choice between the DCL Fantasy or Disney World.
Much to my surprise, he chose WDW. I lost a portion of my cruise fare to Disney, as I had already made the final payment.

Fast forward to this year’s “Disney Trip” it was also a cruise combo.. and then.. Irma happened. No, she didn’t mess with my trip dates, but she did mess with a region that is dear to my heart- the Florida Keys.

Talked to my son, we made the collective decision to cancel the WDW portion and go to the Keys instead. So I cancelled all Disney reservations, and made new ones for Key West. Contacted volunteer organizations in the Middle Keys so we could help out.

And Then...the drama...
One day last month, my kid comes home from school with a “Reconciliation” project for religion class. I look at the school calendar to remind myself of when he made his first reconciliation. And., my heart sunk in my chest. It was the day that we were supposed to arrive home from our trip.
How could this happen?? How did I not realize this???

I scramble to find earlier return flights and to somehow fix this. I think about doing a pre cruise instead of post cruise trip.. but... end of semester gets in the way.

However, If we can’t go to Key West then at least we can go back to a version of our original Disney plans.,. But there’s No Availability!!!

Then I debate just staying in Miami, or Ft Lauderdale,...book the W in Ft Lauderdale, and then a week later change my mind, cancel, and book our regular resort in Boca Raton.

Flights at this point are insanely priced., I have to eat the cost of the originals non refundable flights.. It’s like deja vu!

I kept checking Disney’s website daily, I kept checking flights daily..played with dates a bit.. booked a one way flight to MCO and a one way flight from MCO to FLL...and FINALLY late Friday Night, November 10th, I got a reservation at Disney!!
Even if it wasn’t my preferred dates.

Hooray, right?!?! I look at Disney’s Park Hours.. BOTH of our nights are MVMCP nights. BOTH. Back to Back.
Oh well, no Happily Ever After viewing for us :(. We’ll still be in Disney!

Sounds good now.. there’s a plan. All that’s left to do it book return flights the following Sunday evening.
Piece of cake.
But....

Which brings us to an hour ago. Sunday, November 12th. I. Can’t. Do. It. I can not bring myself to pay these stupid plane fares for a 2.5 hour flight. The times are also a mess, leaving Orlando super early. I just can’t do it. I’m far from cheap, but I’m not stupid.. and purchasing those flights made me feel like a complete idiot... Especially when I still couldn’t get the return time that we need...

Soooo... we’re driving!!!
Myself and a 7 year old. Driving from Ohio to Florida. Over 1200 Miles one way.

This Should Be Interesting.

Kiddo is not happy about driving.. I pitched it as a ‘Super Awesome Road Trip!” His response- “Uh, Mom, planes were made so people don’t have to drive to far places.”
“Sorry kiddo, we’re driving.”
“Ugh. Can I bring my tablet?”
“Yes.”
“Can I play it as much as I want.”
“Yes.”
“Ok, fine. But wait, can you really drive all by yourself? All the way to the cruise?”
“I’ll be fine, we’re going to stop at a hotel along the way so we can sleep.”
“Ok mommy. Sounds like a plan.”

Little does he know.. that “hotel” is actually at Disney World.. and we’re breaking up our drive with 2 nights of “magic”.
That part I’m keeping a complete surprise.

Btw- we leave Wednesday evening. As in THREE days from now.

My head is spinning.

I swear that I can not mesh with more than 1 week vacations the past 12 months.. no matter how well I “planned in advance”.

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
Can u have him dab by each state's sign that u drive thru? :D Please?!

I can’t like this post. Do NOT encourage the dabs!!!!
Did you see him at the roller skating parting?! Dabbing while skating.
Weird child of mine, but I love him.;)

If I were you I would just wing it once you arrive. Sounds to me like you are both stressed out and tired so just see what you feel like doing.

I think that’s what we’ll do... unless I change my mind during caffeine high tonight. Lol

Oh almost forgot, safe travels! Remember to take a break every couple of hours even if you don't feel tired.

Thank you!! I will!

21stamps

Original Poster
I'm worried about you driving, if you are up all night tonight packing and then planning on driving through the night tomorrow? Stay safe

Kiddo is going to school tomorrow.. I’m hoping to sleep while he’s there.

Have a safe trip & a wonderful time!!

Thanks!!

I yelled at her last night...I will def be checking in with them during the drive!!!

I am going to sleep tomorrow early afternoon!!!

21stamps

Original Poster
In case anyone is curious.. Yes, yes my kid is still dabbing.. anywhere and everywhere.

064E8B48-B8D4-440A-AC25-DAFF32D75A0E.jpeg

BE33081C-3916-4D8D-86B3-4287922B22EB.jpeg

He usually dabs on coasters as well.. but this one make it a little tough. 7 inversions..5 different ways.. and my weirdo looks like he’s relaxing poolside. ;)

EF4FEE98-2697-46F5-816D-B27DFBB61774.jpeg

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
I.FREAKIN'.LOVE.THE.DABBING!

Shut. Up.

Side note.. if you and the fam are ever bored one night.. Do the Rolex Challenge.
I hate hip hop music.. but Tristan loves to turn on this song and have an impromptu dance session.. I may or may not join in with him... it grew on me, and we have a lot of laughs with the dance.

Apparently all the kids at school are doing it.lol

I’m going to edit this post and add the link.ha ha. Post a FB vid after you guys have completed it. :)

And here’s the instructional video..LOL. I put my foot down with attempting the flip.. T is not a gymnast.

Courtney6682

Shut. Up.

Side note.. if you and the fam are ever bored one night.. Do the Rolex Challenge.
I hate hip hop music.. but Tristan loves to turn on this song and have an impromptu dance session.. I may or may not join in with him... it grew on me, and we have a lot of laughs with the dance.

I can't see this on my work comp, but I'll look at home lol

21stamps

Original Poster
9:30pm.

I’m exhausted. Haven’t started packing or even decidid what to bring. Checked out weather forecasts and Gas Buddy. Researched “safe rest stops” along the route.

I have to run to the grocery now... may take a nap when I get back before tackling wardrobe selection.

21stamps

Original Poster
Get to bed!! What do u want me to look for??

I can’t!! I still have so many errands to run.. and that photo is the extent of attempting to sort and pack that I’ve accomplished. I forgot to buy an underwater camera!! Have to do that as well.

I don’t know what to check for?? I don’t think there’s any possible way that we will now-

A. Make it in time for MVMCP.
Or
B. Be awake enough for MVMCP :(

So I guess we’ll do MK Fri Morning and then HS afterwards? That will be the extent of our “park experience though”.

Other option..

Split AK and HS in morning or Epcot and HS.. then go to party at night? 6am-midnight day if we do that.

I JUST DON’T KNOW.

Courtney6682

I can’t!! I still have so many errands to run.. and that photo is the extent of attempting to sort and pack that I’ve accomplished. I forgot to buy an underwater camera!! Have to do that as well.

I don’t know what to check for?? I don’t think there’s any possible way that we will now-

A. Make it in time for MVMCP.
Or
B. Be awake enough for MVMCP :(

So I guess we’ll do MK Fri Morning and then HS afterwards? That will be the extent of our “park experience though”.

Other option..

Split AK and HS in morning or Epcot and HS.. then go to party at night? 6am-midnight day if we do that.

I JUST DON’T KNOW.

Do you still have for FP's for MK or did you cancel them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom