ISTCrew's Not Really An Update, But Just A Fun Day Trip Report

Got a little Trip Report for you guys. Today, Tifani and I went to Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, and Magic Kingdom. Here is our day:

Blizzard Beach:

We got here, and went to the locker rental place. We got our "large" locker, and went to go put our stuff in it. I had a duffle bag with me, and Tifani had a backpack with her. You should of seen us trying to cram all this stuff in a locker. It was crazy. Once we got it all in, it looked spring loaded and like it was going to pop right out, complete with the "BOING" sound. We were in the park with maybe 50 other people, and the 2 of us headed for the Ski Lift. Tifani was scared out of her wits for some reason, and as we starting going up the mountain, the restraint came down, and hit her right on her big pear head. We got to the top, and we realized how high we actually were...and then we looked up at Summit Plummet, and realized how high that was. We decided to hold off on Summit Plummet, and we did the one right next to it, a dipping body slide. We did that one with no problem, so we walked back up the mountain to do Summit Plummet. I had only been to Blizzard Beach once prior to this, and I was to scared to do Summit Plummet, so this was my first time. We got up to the top, and watch these 2 four year olds go in front of us, and we were still scared to go. I decided I was gonna go, so I sat in the thing, held my breath, and pushed myself off. Boy o boy was that thing crazy. I had NEVER had a wedgie as bad as the one that I had when I got off that thing. I stood down by the slide exit, and waited for Tifani. It was obvious that she was scared, and she was still standing up there. Keep in mind, no one was in line or nothing, so at this point, we basically had the park to ourselves. I walked all the way up those dang stairs again to get to the top of the mountain...then walked up a gazillion more stairs to get to Summit Plummet. I told Tifani it wasn't as bad as it looked (and it really isn't, I was expecting to be terrified, but it wasn't all that bad). She sat in the thing, and got ready to go, and she did. I waved to her from the bottom, and since I was up there, I went down it again. Yet another unpleasant sensation was in the area of my "fannie". So, we wanted to do the "DownHill Double Dipper", and we accidentally went up the Orange Slope, when we were supposed to go up the Purple Slope, so we got to the top, and did Teamboat Springs, and that was alot of fun. We got in the lazy river after that, and went over to the Purple Slope. We did the Racing slides with the mats, and the twisting slides with the mats, and then the "DownHill Double Dipper" (a racing, timed, intertube slide) and that was one of the best slides there. Then we did the enclosed partner slides, and and un-enclosed ones. We had done every slide in the park by 12-30. We got our stuff out the locker, went and returned my key, and went over to Typhoon Lagoon.

Typhoon Lagoon:
I showed my receipt for the Locker at BB, to the lady at the Locker Rental place at TL, and she said I only had to pay my $2 back, and I wouldn't have to pay another $9 for another locker. So, we put our junk in there, and I took some money out of my bag so we could eat lunch. We walked over to Leaning Palms, got fried chicken sandwiches, and ate.The extra money I had, I put in the back pocket of my bathing suit. Almost Immediately after eating, we jumped in the wave pool (I know mom, we're supposed to wait 30 minutes but we were just to excited). We got in there, and the announcement came on, saying "For the next 90 minutes, "Surfing waves" will be made every 90 seconds". We were in there, and weren't expecting much, and then this big ol' wave is just coming at us. I'm not kidding when I say big either, I'm guessing it was nearly 7 feet high. 10 waves later, we went and did some slides. Humounga Kowabunga was the best, except it knocked all the money out of my pocket, and I never found it again. Tifani and I did it twice, and I did it twice more by myself. Then we went over to "Gangplank Falls", the Typhoon Lagoon version of TeamBoat Springs, basically a family raft ride. Except this one, you had to carry the 500000 pound raft up the other flight of stairs. Just when we start moving, the guy stops us and takes our picture. Then, we never started moving again (ok, actually we did, but it was extremely slow). Shark Reef was our next stop, and it was really nice. We did it once more before we left, and 3 stingrays were guarding every way out. I had to jump over them. We eventually made a full round on the Lazy River, spent another hour in the wave pool, did every slide twice, and some more than twice. We had that park covered. We left the park at 5-10, and it was pretty much a ghost town. We were both soaked and tired, but not tired "enough". We took the bus to the Contemporary, changed in the bathroom, and decided to go to the Magic Kingdom. I changed, but when I put my pants on, they got a little wet, and it kinda looked like I urinated on myself. Tifani came out the bathroom, and we started walking. Here I am, walking through the lobby of the Contemporary, with a convention of people, complete with business suits and everything, and we're just walking through, with a big ol' stain on my pants. We almost got to the MK, and then Tifani remembered she left her jacket in the bathroom...So back through the lobby we go, the stain still on my pants and everything. She found it, and we went over to MK. We got there, did Snow White, and at this point, we really were tired tired.

SOOOOO That was our day.Im tanned/Slightly sunburned now, and my "gludius Maximus" muscles are KILLIN' me!!!...I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. By the way, from the top of Summit Plummit, you can see Everest VERY well. It looks to be the same height as the Tree Of Life now. Anyways, pictures will be up soon.

ogryn

That's not like Tifani to loose/leave something! :lol:

I can't believe you live so close, and hardly goto the water parks. The Summit Plummit does truely scare me, haven't picked up enough courage for that yet.

I did the one next to it, but I didn't like the feeling of coming off the slide over the last dip.

TIP: The best way to slide is to lay completely flat, cross your legs at your ankles, and stick your shoulders out, so you only have three small points touching the slide. Lean into the corners and you'll fly down the slides.

ogryn

Slightly Off-Topic:
First trip to Florida back in the day, we went to WaterMania, on their Family Raft-Ride. Me, my Dad, and my Grandad, with me opposite both of them (I know, I know, Poor Weight Distribution)

All goes fine, then we hit the water at the bottom, and I suddenly turned into Superman. The weight of the others, launched me out of the dingey. All I remember is one minute being in the boat, the next being under the water.

Everyone else found it hilarious. At the time... I didn't. :rolleyes:

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Click HERE to see one of the pictures from yesterday.

Ogryn - Yea, I had been to Typhoon Lagoon twice, and Blizzard Beach once, but that was long ago before I did any of the big slides. We have had the waterparks on our Ap's for the longest, but never went. I had butterflys in my stomach when I did Summit Plummet...You feel like you are on top of everything when you're up there. You can see every park except Magic Kingdom. I am SO sore today. When your going 60 mph on a slide, and then hit that standing water, it hurts and your undies get wedged SO far up. My Butt hurts like crazy, and so do my feet, from walking barefoot all day, but I had a great time.

Speaking of going fast on slides, at Typhoon Lagoon we did KeelHull Falls or Mayday Falls, I forget which one it was, but you ride in a one person raft and go down open slides. I found that if you sat crosslegged in the raft, and went backwards, it seemed alot faster. The Humping one next to Summit Plummet is the first one we did, and I came off the back of the slide too (I found that to be scarier then Plummit). The Downhill Double Dipper was ALOT of fun...we both really liked that. It seemed like you were going alot faster than it looked.

Wilt Dasney

I think this thread needs a little...controversy :lookaroun

*insults Patrick's sunglasses and accuses him of hiding subliminal messages in his threads* :fork:

Oh, I kid...glad you had a fun day outside the regular parks. :)

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by Wilt Dasney
I think this thread needs a little...controversy :lookaroun

*insults Patrick's sunglasses and accuses him of hiding subliminal messages in his threads* :fork:

Oh, I kid...glad you had a fun day outside the regular parks. :)

HEY MAN! I didn't even wear sunglasses yesterday:D ...

Yea, we had a great time, and lets keep the controversy out, until it invites itself in:rolleyes:

MKCP 1985

LOL at the attempt at controversy. "If you take the third letter of each word, delete every second and fifth word, then substitute the letter at the other . . . " :lol:

My kids want to go to Blizzard Beach when we are down in two weeks. As many times as I have been on Disney property, I have never experienced the water parks, so this will be a new experience. I'll be sure the kids read IstCrew's report. The Summit Plummet has me worried for their safety - the 11 year old is fearless and will surely crack his head if I don't go with him. Oh, the things we do for our chillun!

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by marypopmom
Thanks for the update. Just curious if you will be in the parks easter day and what is your plan?

On Easter day, I plan to stay home and eat lots of food:)

barnum42

I have been on one vertical drop water slide and never again. It went beyond a weggie. I emerged clean as a whistle, inside and out. Plus using one's family jewels for a braking system is not the best way to enjou your day.

And yes, I did cross my legs as instructed on the way down.

I have to admit that I have never been to a Disney water park. I'm so short sighted that I feel the whole thing would be lost on me.

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by barnum42
I have been on one vertical drop water slide and never again. It went beyond a weggie. I emerged clean as a whistle, inside and out. Plus using one's family jewels for a braking system is not the best way to enjou your day.

You've subjected us to this story before. I had just managed to remove the image from my head.

Now all those nightmares are gonna start up again.

And just when I had them all under control... :(

:lol:

stagestar

Going fast...

... about going fast on Summit Plummet just remember one thing: till Test Track opened Summit Plummet was the fastest "ride" of Walt Disney World. But then it is a lot of fun.

I just love both water parks and make a point of visiting the rare times I can come to WDW ... in my experience BB is a lot wilder. It is a true water "action" park, so if you want to test the kids or give them a slow introduction start with Typhoon Lagoon. With the shark reef it also has something unique that entertains guests of all ages perfectly.

Also consider the weather. If you spend really a lot of time in the water park (nearly the whole day) it becomes painfully obvious for guests of BB who don't use proper sun blockers that that TL has a lot more shade...

Yours
Dirk

wannabeBelle

Patrick, thanks for the awesome overage of the water parks. I Am a bit cat like and hate getting my face wet so I havent gotten to them as of yet, but Im sure someday I will.
Barnum......:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the awesome laugh!!! That is classic!!! I hope the jewels survived the experience intact and unbruised!!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom